Excel spreadsheet Checklist?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by funkatron101, Aug 15, 2006.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Is there an excel spreadsheet checklist anywhere that has a list of all released transformers? I would like to start an inventory of my collection, incorporating loose and misb values into the spreadsheet. Anyone have anything like that, or do I need to start one from scratch?

Let me know if anyone is interested in helping me out if there isn't one.

Thanks.

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thought we had one here somewhere.. Do we? We NEED one!

Plan d can be copying the alpha-bit list from tfu.info

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Kinda urprising no one has made a list like that.
    Hell, i'd probably drop $10 for a copy. i need to inventory my collection, that'd make it a lot easier.

4. DanLyons

DanLyons Vintage Lurker

snkeyes069 posted one here

5. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Well, I got started. Maybe I should get some feedback on what you guys want.

So far each series will be separated on different sheets. It will show the character name in alphabetical order, then loose qty. loose value, MISB qty. MISB value.
    Then at the bottom it will show the totals. On a separate page it will show grand totals.

What sight do you think is best to find out the value of each toy? and is there anything I am missing that you guys would want incorporated?

6. funkatron101

Ebay:
    That will work. A little messy for me (I'm a stickler for clean looking spreadsheets)
    but I can clean it up a little. Thanks DanLyons and snkeyes069

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine's a little more cumbersome, but I have one workbook for each series, then one sheet for each size class (i.e. scout, deluxe, mega, etc). I then have one master workbook that gives me a total collection count by pulling the numbers from the other sheets. Which reminds me my Cybertron sheet is due for an update.

8. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    What would you guys think about having a TF database ala tfu.info, with an added feature to create your own inventory to show in your own profile? I bet I could make something like this...

9. funkatron101

Ebay:
    It would be pretty cool. But I think a lot of people need it to be pretty involved. Not only do I need inventory, but I need to keep track of how much I spent (Not just retail price, as I have received many as gifts) As well as the quantities I have for both loose and packaged, and atleast a rough estimate on the current value for both.

I basically need to know what I have, what I spent, what it is worth and my ROI.

10. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    seperating it by years would be good for G1, BWs and other multi year series, and seperating by Size Class would be handy, especially for the modern series.

11. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Yeah, that would probably be best. Man, this thing is getting pretty involved. I'm thinking about adding a tax calculator.

12. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    I could design the entire engine myself. The key will be adding entries. There's a LOT of TFs out there. Of course, I'd start basic. Start with the simple list, then add on quantity, then add on status of figure (loose, MISB, C10, etc)

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's also Armada Minicons to consider- do mint toys also include the minicon, or are the minicons listed separately. For example, I have a mint Armada Prime, but Sparkplug is...elsewhere, apparently. So, is Prime still complete?

-Tony!

14. funkatron101

Ebay:
    and that is why I am assuming there hasn't been a large scale involved inventory checklist before.

15. JaviSRK

JaviSRK Push my button.

News Credits:
    to me - i'd say no. naturally, you'd get less. just like a Fortress Maximus without Spike.

16. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    DanLyons, good find! You saved me the trouble of looking for that. I just need to update it with the most recent American releases (my personal copy is updated). :) 

funkatron101, glad I could help. Sorry, if its a bit messy; it was based off of Hasbro's list (from the transformers.com website). It will calculate a package count and toy count (Characters in Collection), in addition to assigning current values of a collection based on purchase price AND graded price.

Please note, the toy count is subjective...G1 Ironhide is 1 package but 2 toys, Superion giftset is 1 package and 5 toys. You may want to change the toy count based on your style of counting.

Enjoy. :)