Evolution of Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Godzilla Ranger, Jan 5, 2018.

?

What’s your favorite version of Cybertron in the Movie-Verse?

1. Transformers

15.4%
  2. Revenge of the Fallen

5.8%
  3. Dark of the Moon

51.9%
  4. The Last Knight

11.5%
  5. Bumblebee

34.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:

True

• Like Like x 1
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    If Cybertron were depicted more as a planet and less of a city-state like Transformers always does you could easily say all these variations merely depicted different regions.

I do like the idea that the honeycomb pattern is the inner structure worn away.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Updated

The look of Cybertron in Bumblebee pretty much confirms this is a visual reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur Get over yourselves.

News Credits:
    Why can't I vote for bumblebee as my favorite design? I hope we get to see some talking scenes on the planet, or some stuff before the war started.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    I like the honeycomb superstructures from DoTM.

• Like Like x 2
  6. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The last one looks most similar to what Cybertron used to be. Similar to the original.

7. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Just added Bumblebee as an option

8. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Bumblebee without contest. the previous planets used were not Cybertron. i don't even know what planet those are. the 2007 movie's stills featured a purplish-colored organic-like planet with huge spikes on it, but adorned by shape-shifting structures. DoTM is a honeycomb planet without any atmosphere whatsoever so intelligent life could not possibly rise out of it. i guess it's because the bay transformers look like insects *shrugs* the one from TLK could not possibly be Cybertron because of the organic grass on it. RoTF didn't have Cybertron, the Cons had a hideout on one of the moons of Saturn?

War for Cybertron Cybertron *IS* Cybertron. Fall of Cybertron Cybertron *IS* Cybertron. Bumblebee Cybertron *IS* Cybertron.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  9. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the other films might be disregarded at this point but what if the structure of Cybertron over the course is representative of the state it is in.

Bumblebee (Cybertron in its full glory)> 2007 movie (Cybertron is deteriorating from the effects of war) > DOTM (Cybertron is a dead husk of a world with its exoskeleton left)> TLK (Cybertron is a dead husk now with organic grass taking over)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    that's an interesting take i could go for and would be consistent.

i guess down the line, i'm hoping one of the twists is that Cybertron was Earth once. i like that head canon.

11. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    What is funny is you can actually look at the version of Cybertron from Bumblebee and it does look like over time it could eventually wear down to it's honeycomb structure presented in TLK and DOTM. Of course this is probably just accidental at this point, considering bumblebee doesn't know WTF type of movie it wants to be (prequel/reboot) besides a solid little film.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    so far i'm going with the official paramount announcement that this is a prequel, but who knows what they'll do next

13. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

I actually happen to agree with those who don't fully like any version of Cybertron, cartoon or Movieverse.

The Cybertron in the cartoons and Bumblebee film is too much like a human city in appearance.

The honeycomb pattern in DotM, as well as its mixture with layers of rock and organic life in TLK, is more alien, but I like the idea of its surface being more variable. I'd like alien-looking outposts and military and industrial centers as well alien wildernesses, perhaps with weird, unearthly flora and fauna with them.

The planet in RotF is not Cybertron by any stretch, but that brings me to my next point...

...Enough Cybertron for now. The universe is bigger than Earth and Cybertron.

You know what was awesome, perhaps not in its narrative concept, but as an idea? That Mission to Cybertron comic where Optimus Prime encounters a Gyronian Sentry on Paradon while looking for the Creators. There were vast, arid plains and Energon resources located in a jungle-like oasis. The Gyronian Sentry transformed into an alien chariot IIRC, and he had these alien cat-like creatures under his command that pulled him in his alt mode.

Or things like the interior of Lockdown's ship in AoE. It had alien vines, all sorts of tentacled creatures, organic aliens, cyborg wolves, alien prison cells, and robots. It felt like a truly alien environment where even some of the Autobots weren't comfortable in. Places like Paradon in Mission to Cybertron or the Knightship...THOSE are things I'd much rather see more of rather than more depictions of Cybertron, animated or live action.

Such locations wouldn't need as much CGI either. Lockdown's ship had CGI, but a lot of it was practical walls, floors, cages, and weapons. And you can have remote mountains, volcanic landscapes, oceans and ocean floors, hot springs, coasts, jungles, swamps, deserts, and ruins standing in for alien worlds.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i really wish they'd take the "colony planets" thing from cybertron and idw and incorporate it. i don't like it beings neutrals tho, i'd have velocitron, eukaris/jungle planet, nebulon all be involved in the war. have them be planets that either "lost" the war because the transformers' war either scared the locals off or killed them off. have eukaris populated by guys with earth beast modes by explaining the planet has a makeup not dissimilar to earth and they took earthen beast modes to adapt. or something.

hell, ideally, my tf universe would have tons of planets, each one with its own stories to tell, each one's primary players the characters from other fictions. the victory cast on their own planet, scorponok and fort max duking it out with the ____masters on nebulon in a way eerily similar to the path humanity's going down, eukaris can have the beast wars guys... dunno how you'd explain all the optimussy-looking guys being in command everywhere, but you could probably change them up a little.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!

All the movies with the exception of bumblebee made cybertron look like some barren wasteland.

17. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Guess we now know how megatron got to Cybertron

18. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    The whole misstep thing would be the worst day of my life tbh

• Like Like x 1