Evo 2012

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Jul 6, 2012.

1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    How's everyone doing, watching the live-stream? What is everyone's thoughts on all of the matches so far?

At the time this thread was made, I'm watching the SSFIV:AE Matches, while waiting for the MK matches and Playstation All Stars panel.

Discuss!

2. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm watching the SoulCalibur V stream right now. I'm really cherring for KDZ, Kayane, and Enkindu. The matches I've seen have been great. The match between Kayane and Fuudo was really really close.

Has King of Fighters XIII streamed yet?

3. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I think King Of Fights XIII streamed already.

4. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Cool thanks, I'll have to Google the hell out of it tonight. I really hope I can find it.

I really hope for some great Clark players. I got a new PS3 so I have to re-unlock everything again. I lead with Clark and he felt like a good old pair of shoes. :D  Now I want to see some good gameplay of him. :lol  I asked my friend if he wanted to have a match and he said, "nah, I'm good." and kept watching me.

5. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I took a tiny break from watching because it made me want to start playing SSFIV again.
    I'm planning to go back when the Playstation All-Stars panel starts up, since I have been patiently waiting for new characters from the game to be revealed. I'm also very excited for the MK Matches.

From what I seen, all of these matches in SSFIV: AE were great. :D 

6. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    I respect Street Fighter players. It's a tough game to get really good at. I'm probably going to check out some of the highlights when they're posted on IPW.

These SoulCalibur V matches are great. The speed in that game is really nice.

I really hope the KoFXIII stuff got archived.

Ah man, I apparently missed a great match just now. My friend was stuck at school and needed a ride home.

7. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I'm very surprised by the quality of these SC5 matches. I never considered these Soul games Evo-worthy since from what I seen from when I play, I never visioned these to be in EVO. But the SC5 matches are great, though the SSFIV: AE matches are keeping more of my attention.
    SSFIV is a tough game. I always thought MvC 3 was tough when I first played it, but SSIV completely changed my thoughts.

8. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    SoulCalibur V was developed by a great team with some old tournament players on it. They also payed attention to input from other tournament players around the world. They put a ton of work into getting the gameplay engine just right.

Right now it's Viola against Viola. An interesting character built around combos.

D'oh! Kayane is out.

NICE! Keev is up! I hope I can watch this one. Supper is almost done but any match with Nightmare is fast. :lol 

EDIT: I ate supper faster than I ever did before. XD I really didn't want to miss too much. For a second I thought this was the Grand Finals I was like, "who the freak took Keev out?"

The Street Fighters matches sounded pretty good judging by all that cheering. I'd hear "KAY-OH! Then AAAAAAUUUGGGGHHH!!!!"

9. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    Right now, I'm on twitch.tv
    Stream 1 is showing nothing, but is going to show the Playstation All Stars panel (hopefully)
    Stream 2 is showing SC5
    Stream 3 is discussing the matches
    I found this, just for a reference:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be majorly focusing on the MK matches more then the others. I may also pay attention to UMvC 3.

10. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks for the listings. So they're going to have King of Fighters XIII gameplay tomorrow too. Too bad it's so early in the morning though. I'll have to go to bed early and hope for the best.

I'm really hoping it archives just in case.

Shen Chan has taught me some new stuff for Cervantes.

The guy who put Keev in the Losers Bracket is up now. I'm interested in seeing him. The guy on the 1P side.

EDIT: Oh yeah, apparently the Sony All Stars Trailer is playing right now. I hope you got to see it on your stream. I just heard reactions and "Is that Heihachi?" from the commentators.

EDIT 2: Well that was disappointing. He must not play against Pyrrah enough.

Keev and Tokido are up now. This'll be good.

11. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

It's a little painful to watch for me cause I was planning on competing this year and couldn't go due to last minute business issues. Btw, PS All-Stars looks like ass.

12. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    That's too bad. What game were you going to be playing? Your Ken avatar makes me want to say Street Fighter but who knows.

Double Rufus right now. Aris and the other guy have good chemestry.

I'm still watching SCV by the way. You'd have to be there to get it.

EDIT:
    Keev VS Kura! Kura beat Keev earlier. Right now they're tied for wins. This is the final match between them.

Results spoiler:
    AUGH! Guess who lost! I was so hoping Keev would get his revenge.

EDIT2: Ah man, I heard Partisan was there but he was out before I even got there. If there's a Canadian then I will cheer for him.

Apparently one of the few people who use Dan in tournaments is Canadian. :lol  That's pretty awesome. I wonder if I entered one in my sleep...

It seems like I need to pay $12 to watch the archive. I really hope this is just a case of me being stupid with technology. I'm going to try again in an hour when MK9 is supposed to be over. I hope I don't have to since I really want to watch some of the early stuff and I'm not guarenteed to wake up early even if I go to bed soon.

13. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    As much as I love MvC3, won't watch until finals. Really wanted to attend but damn summer SAT prep has me holed up in the home town. Am very excited, however, to see the ST tournament of legends.

14. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

I was strictly gonna enter for AE. Sux cause I practiced more than I ever practiced before just to get ready for this and to end up not being able to go was pretty heartbreaking. The AE stream was pretty decent though. Really nice seeing all the foreign players come through.

I like how they went all the way down to top 8 in one day cause now I can just wait till Sunday to see the finals pan out. Plus, Marvel is all day Saturday so I don't have to watch a minute of the stream.

15. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    GO MR. KOF!!! He's the only person who doesn't make me say, "augh" when he uses Shen. For the longest time Shen was super over used but Mr. KoF is really great with him.

I'm so glad they didn't have that one super boring announcer.

EDIT:
    Yeah! Mr. Kof got it!
    I'm so glad I managed to wake up at 12:00 today. Thank you Bella for being a blanket hog. :3

I'm watching King of Fighters XIII right now by the way. I'm really excited to see some EVO gameplay of it. I may check out Mortal Kombat for a bit afterwards. Then probably take a quick nap. :lol  I'm tired...

I'm honestly not sure who I'm cheering for half the time. I have my clear favourites in games that I follow but when they aren't there I just cheer.

Good, they changed announcers so I was worried that it was the really boring guy. But it's not.

16. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Sakura in the top 8? Awwww yeah.

Also happy that today is all MvC, easy skip. Might tune in for some of the MK later though.

17. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    You should at least check out King of Fighters for bit if you haven't already. It's a really fun game to watch. Sure, you're probably going to see a bajillion Mr. Karate players but other than that there's quite a variety.

Apparently Romance is there. I hope he won that 2-0 match. I remember being a big fan of his.

WHAT?! The troll-tastic Billy lost! D:

There's no Mr. Krate in this match.

EDIT: Goro VS Goro is a very interesting matchup. Two gigantic running grapplers against each other.

EDIT2: This is a big name match right now. Mago VS Poongko. 2:14PM Mountain Time.

EDIT3: Wow that was great. Mad KoF has a really scary Duo Lon. I'm actually starting to become a fan of his. :lol 

18. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Man I can't believe that Andre got eliminated, and by that scrubby scrubster too. Pure luck.

19. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    The SoulCalibur V finals were awesome! They should be on YouTube eventually, right?

Big spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting to cheer for Decapon so much. I'm surprised that a Tira won.
    My throat is sore now. :lol 

I'll be able to catch the KoF finals too. If this piece of crap computer works! :mad 

EDIT: Yeah, I can't get it to run on Twitch TV. I watched SoulCalibur V after a few tries but I can't get it to work now. Thankfully IGN has an embed and it worked when I tried. Hopefully it will when King of Fighters is on.

I figured my problem was that my computer was too hot to even touch so I dusted it and put it in front of the air conditioner for a while but that didn't fix it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask earlier, is there anybody you guys were or are rooting for? I think I made my alliances pretty obvious but it'd be nice to hear from somebody else. ;) 

EDIT2: This embed is working so much better for me.

I just saw the Mortal Kombat finals now. I find the difference in commenting style between this and SoulCalibur very interesting. These guys are a lot more calm and don't joke around nearly as much.

Oh, an I take it that Rain is considered a bad character. I don't follow Mortal Kombat so I'm just going off of the sound of the crowd.

I love how a Tira won SCV. She's considered a pretty bad character which is why Decopon winning is such a huge deal.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    That KoF final, man.

That KoF final.