Evil Speculation.....Resident Evil 7 discussion!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Oct 8, 2012.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    The title says it all peeps, and it's the perfect time for this since I'm sure most have gone through RE6 by now. So in my last post for the RE6 thread I stated some things about the game that I felt should've been handled better and then made some suggestions for how some things should be handled for the next installment.

Don't know how to do the spoiler things so....*SPOILER ALERT* The ending to all the campaigns doesn't really come out and say this is the last game, but with the over the top epic quality of this installment, we get the feeling that this may have been the end game for the series. Though it probably isn't, it could very well be the end if Capcom chooses so.

But for the sake of discussion, what do you want for RE7? I personally hope that Claire is the main character (it's her turn damnit!), and maybe we can discover the fate of Steve? Wesker did in fact have plans for him at the end of Code Veronica, what became of this? With that in mind there are so many avenues that could be taken for the next game. Discuss away!

2. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

Don't care about Steve. I kind of like them sticking with their big three (Chris, Jill, and Leon) but I wouldn't mind seeing Claire, Barry, or Rebecca again.

3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    ^Same here. I miss those characters and would like to know what became of them. Steve obviously wouldn't necessarily have to be in the game, but for him to be mentioned would be nice. (If we don't know what's become of him by now it's safe to assume that he's in fact dead). There are a slew of characters to choose from. Josh and Sheva from 5, Carlos from 3, Billy from 0, hell even throw in Angela from Degeneration. There's also Ashley, annoying as she may have been at times (I doubt she's had many encounters with bioterrorism at this point, but who knows?). And then of course we have another original gangster with Ms. Jill Valentine (though I doubt they will revisit her or the others from 5 so soon, even though Chris was just in this game, but again, who knows!) So many things that can be done for the next game. It's completely open.

4. Primus5289

One line in RE6 about where Jill was would have made a world of difference if you ask me.

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Agreed, they could've mentioned her in some way.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

I want a quality Survival Horror game. Something along the lines of REmake. But it will never happen.

7. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I want a real Resident Evil again with horror, puzzles and so on and not the need to necessarily shoot at enemies in every situation.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The hardest RE mission for me was as Hunk in RE2, where you had to- get this- conserve your ammo and dodge enemies as much as possible. Crazy, right?!

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    What needs to happen is a remake of RE2 like the remake of the original. It's time for it, next year it will be the 15th anniversary of the game. This needs to happen!

10. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    *SPOILER ALERT* I keep forgetting about the epilogue with Jake somewhere in the middle east, who thinks that maybe he'll be the main character in the next installment? It seems like the logical thing to do so that his character develops a fan base. Thoughts?

11. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Needs more Barry Burton.

12. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    ^I miss Barry man. He was the coolest character in the original.

13. davieanix

davieanix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the next game will follow the same route as this one and feature several main characters in several different campaigns.

99% chance that Jake is THE main in 7, whether the plot actually revolves completely around him, or if he is just center stage much like Leon is in 6. Perhaps Jake and Chris could share a campaign? That could make for some great story telling!

I always wanted Kevin from the Outbreak series to make it to a main line game, but that is definitely only wishful thinking on my part.

I think by this point in time, Barry may be too old to be a playable character, but it would be great to see him again.

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    With how much bigger Capcom has in making each game, RE7 is going to have to infect an entire continent at this point.

15. Primus5289

Chris and Jake in a shared campaign could work. They never did have that talk about Wesker afterall. I don't think Jake is main character material though. I'd love to see Barry again.

16. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Low ammo
    Open world
    Set in Seattle
    T-Abyss Virus
    Chris and Jake are the only two characters.

There, fixed it for you Capcom. Get working.

17. Primus5289

I'd play that. As long as you can play as both characters.

18. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    That would be a great story arc. The exchanges of dialogue between the two would pretty much be gold.

19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh yeah, and it will have explosions to give Michael Bay an orgasm.

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Got through my first Play through really enjoyed it. Best Resident Evil since 4.