"Everything we have is out"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Has this stock response ever been completely true?

I once went to a Target asking about HA Sideswipe, as he wasn't out there, and an employee told me that was all they had. About 3 minutes later, a different employee comes up, I ask him the same question, and he goes in the back and gets one for me.

Anyone else have this kind of thing happen?

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get that response 90% of the time when I ask if anything's in the back. I think it's usually the employee being lazy, but I've also been told that they're not allowed to bring out stuff unless they're doing stock up.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I get this response a lot. I was looking for a Voyager Class Universe Inferno, and they kept saying all they had was out.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always get this response.

Is it true?

Most of the time, no.

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Most stores will not open cases unless the shelf can hold it and due to collectors and scalpers some stores use the same type of excuse.

During my TRU time we did not keep open cases in the back due to space restraints.However,a good toy stocker will put the product out to ensure replenishment.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  6. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    No-one really asks to go check the back here, mostly due to it being upstairs, no-one around and cause no-one asks :lol 

If it's not there, tough shit, wait till next time :lol 

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

a

Well, what it is, is that regardless of how much you tell them the #'s of the toy, or even the name and show them an exact picture of what you want, they still could not find it.

For some reason when workers look at toys all the sudden they can not read the words, I work at Wal-Mart and I am not saying this to be mean but it is ridiculous that even if you say the name perfectly well they will come back at you with some kind of completely off the wall word you didn't even say.

Once at Target, I forgot what I was looking for, but it was during Cybertron, and it took one guy on the floor and another guy radio-ing to each other to figure out what was in the back, I told him the name specifically and he was like uh oh well we have tha Blurr, and I was like well that isn't is it.

You just have to find someone that has nothing to do, once these 2 worker girls I found talking to each other at Target went to the back and got me the Prime and Megatron case when Classics came out, they let me look and put it out as well.

The best thing to do is to get a manager and complain about the employee, this will make you look like a concerned customer instead of a raging moron it is always best to keep a cool head and let everyone else get crazy that way you look like you’re the victim in the situation.

Suffice to say 99% it is a lie, and at TRU I just open the top caps to see what they have, but some people can’t do that.

8. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    i get that every time i go to my local walmart.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have had this happen more with video games than TFs.
    (it helped knowing a TRU, WM employee or two.)

WM used to display their video games in a glass case with just a empty game box visible and to get the game for you, the associate had to unlock a black door and pull it out.
    i saw a copy RE for the PS1, but the dude kept telling me they were all out. he seemed like he didn't want to do anything until i said just check it or I can ask Ray to do it (ray being THE WM store manager.) He opened the case and there were several copies sitting at eye level.

Thinking things over, i think it strange that in Late October of 2009, my Walmart keeps
    "finding" TFA figures to put out, especially voyager class Megs, Prime and Starscream.

Just listen to yer gut, and if you think there's a shot at finding TF gold in the back, ask em to look.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Two things, Walmart has most of their stuff on Pallets in storage, and (unless the store sucks) these pallets are checked and filled on a regular basis. I would not expect an employee to go pallet diving at this store. As far as Target goes, I have worked in the stock room for a winter a couple years ago. Unless things have changed, once something comes off the pallet, it would be scanned and put into a box, or shelf in storage. Although our store tried to have sections for toys, electronics, clothes, etc. It can get a bit messy. Couple this with the fact that Target only uses the different class IDs and there could be 20-30 locations in the back that will have one item from that class (deluxe, leader, voyager), and none of them may even be the one you want. Yes they are probably lying, but when a shelf is full, an employee probably isnt going to want to go through 20 locations in the store room looking for a toy that they know nothing about, and probably don't have. There are many other things that they have to do to either close, prep, or clean the store or their manager is going to bitch to them about overtime.

Edit: That being said, I would much rather have that answer than "we are getting them in on the truck Tuesday" which is why I stopped going to one of the Targets near me. They fooled me twice with that one, I don't think they have gotten stock of most Transformers since they were first released.

11. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everytime, everytime I go anywhere that is all I get for an answer

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes it's a lie

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I've gotten that before. But have you ever gotten the "ask any other employee here and you'll get the same answer" answer?

Well I did once. So I asked another employee.

Well waddaya know, they DID have more stock in the back! It must be magic.

14. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

I've noticed that DPCI's no longer yield results. Every time I scan for an item, there's none in stock, even if they're on the shelf or restocked the very next day.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    also, some clerks are not allowed to restock shelves, which is the job of stockers. The division of labor and bureaucracy in some stores is maddening.

16. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    That's what I always get.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have gotten that at the target I have gone to twice trying to get ROTF Superion and Bruticus but both time the employees have gone out of their way to check for me 2x wasted 2 hours of driving which is why i hate store exclusives id rather all product be available at all stores

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Shop employees aren't their to rummage through the stockroom everytime some nerd comes in wanting a specific toy. Yes, if they've got the time, they'll probably help you out. But I don't think they're being rude if they say "we've only got what's on display." It's politer and easier than saying "I'm busy doing my job, piss off."

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    In some stores, finding something in the warehouse can be a bitch..I used to work in a supermarket chain and it was already hard to find a special kind of yoghurt. Now imagine what it would be like working in a store that features TONS of different sections.

Or just blame the kids and their laziness. Young personell are often too spoiled to work for their money. Whatever happened to trying to make a customer happy?

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't ask employees if they have such-and-such figure. If they don't have the figure I'm looking for, I usually go to another store and buy it if that store has it or just buy the figure online.