Everyone's thoughts in Cleveland's character change? since the Cleveland show started

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by megatron6661, May 17, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I have been watching allot of the Cleveland show ever since it started, and I have grown to like it. But the change in Cleveland's whole personality, which has seen Cleveland transform into such an asshole, since the cleveland show started.

What does everyone else think of Cleveland's character change? do you like it or hate it?

2. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only change i've hated so far is Cleveland, Jr. as seen in "Family Guy" to Cleveland, Jr. as seen in "The Cleveland Show"

:crazy: 

3. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I watched one episode 2night, where cleveland becomes lazy. He tryes to beat his wife at becoming better at charity, by getting a beer charity fest to raise money. By doing that he accidently crushes his wife hammered, when she is crippled with 2 broken legs a damaged neck and a broken arm, he says you can cook without your legs.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Turrible... just turrible..

5. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol.

I haven't really noticed it. One thing I have noticed is this new season is nowhere near as good as last season.

6. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

I agree, I never noticed or bothered to. I have noticed Cleveland Jr.'s change, I remember when he was hyperactive and pretending to be all these sports stars. Now he's a fat, lazy, sissy, kid.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, he's become more of an arsehole. I think it's been done because it makes it easier to drive the stories when you have such a character at the fore of these types of show. Just look at Stan in American Dad and Peter in Family Guy - both arseholes. I think if Cleveland had been left as he was back in Family Guy the show would've had to use the other characters somehow to drive things along, which kinda defeats the purpose of giving him his own show. Once you have an arsehole character lead he can do whatever he wants, no matter how cruel, to drive the story and it's fine. A nice(ish) guy would care too much about the feelings of others to get into all kinds of crazy cartoon adventures. Once you have a git at the helm he can do what he wants and go against the advice and common sense of the other characters.

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I preffered Cleveland Junior in family guy, the way he is now is just like a whinier version of Chris without the funniness of Chris.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This is what happens when a guy who had no charecter development gets his own sitcom.

it just doesn't work.

Cleveland Show caused King of the Hill's cancellation! DAMN U CLEVELAND!!!!

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    While The Cleveland Show pales in comparison to Family Guy and American Dad, I have to say "hooray" for The Cleveland Show managing to finally get King of the Hill off the air. I couldn't understand how it lasted as long as it did. Was it the NASCAR audience driving (no pun intended) it?

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I'll now love you forever Cleveland show! That show hadn't been funny in 8 years.