Every1 Voice opinion's plz :D

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrimus, Jul 21, 2006.

1. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Know we have the voice for prime. What is evry1's opinion on meg's and other TF's in the movie?

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Human Autobot Sympathizer

Frank Welker --> Megatron.

Nothing beats the originals.

3. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    while its true nothing beats the originals, but i would settle for David Kaye (sp?) as megs :) 

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Ian McKellan
    Jeremy Irons

Both would make EXCELLENT Megatron voices.From the character description of Megatron Welker just won't cut it IMO

5. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would love to hear Welker's Megatron and Soundwave (or Soundwhatever at this point). Throw in Welker's Soundwave minions, as far as I'm concerned. I think Dan Gilvezan did a great job as Bumblebee, so why not now? And why not Cullen for Ironhide? If not, at least there's a strong template for someone else to follow as far as Ironhide's concerned (ie the tough old war veteran).

I think it was a mistake to cast Bernie Mac as a human in the film when he'd make a pretty good Jazz. He has a great voice and a positive turn that fits Jazz. I'm not saying there's not someone better for the part, but he'd be pretty good IMHO.

Some of the other more recognizable voices (Chris Latta's Starscream and Don Messick's Ratchet) are a bit harder to find a replacement for, so I'm pretty open to ideas as long as the characterizations remain (ie Starscream as a back stabbing opportunist and Ratchet as a good hearted but gruff combat surgeon). Some of the other voices are pretty flexible as long as it serves a strong story.

We'll have to wait and see. But now the wait has a more positive turn.

6. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they went far enough to cast the original Optimus, then it looks as if Bay wants to be a little more true to the original then once thought. I think he'll end up casting the original megs as well, although the Meg from the current series does a fairly good job as well. As for starscream, they have to get the original, if they can't, they should go for the current one, he is also OK.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    David Kaye all the way! I love his takes on Megatron.

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Hey! No one calls Frank Welker unchrasamatic! :throw 

Seriously though, I love the thought of having the original voice actors back, even if only for the leaders. Welker's Megatron has a great sinister quality to it. And, with everything that seems to be getting changed, it'll be nice to at least have the voices I grew up with.

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Couldn't said it better myself.
    Cullen = Prime
    Welker = Megatron

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol  :lolol 

You know what Greyryder,it actually took me a minute or 2 to figure out your joke.

I think my punishment should be that I watch Transformers:The Movie:D 

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Frank Welker = Megatron

12. timshinn73

Ebay:
    These names bring to mind Liam Neeson as Aslan in Narnia. While he's a great actor and has a strong voice, the fact that we know it's Liam Neeson takes away from Aslan as a character. It's pretty much why people blew their tops when the the whole Clooney as Prime rumor hit ( I just threw up in my mouth a little even though I know Cullen is in).

Don't get me wrong. McKellan and Irons are great actors. But when I read a Tf comic to this day, I hear G1 voices in my head.

McKellon especially has become so strongly identified with the hero Gandalf (LOTR) and the villian Magento (X Men) that adding Megatron might be serious overkill. Ditto for Irons many great villian turns (Scar in Lion King and Grueber in Die Hard 50).

Welker is an actor at heart and a serious voice acting pro. When he was doing the cartoon, he was taking direction based on a young audiance, so it was over the top at times. There is a noticable diference in the series Megatron and the '86 movie Megatron. The difference is that the target audience was getting older, so Welker adjusted his acting according to the "heavier" story.

Welker will kick so much ass as the live action Megatron that it could go down as one of the best on-screen villians of all time.

The possibilities for this movie franchise is off the scale if Dreamworks can get enough of the core material right.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I want Keith David for Megatron, but I will be happy with just about anyone other than Welker.

14. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Welker is Megatron to me. Always will be.

15. timshinn73

Ebay:
    I can see David in another role. He's very good, he's done quality voice work (Spawn) and he's been in other Bay films, so it could happen. I just hope not as Megatron.

16. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Welker as Megs would be great.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

How original, british guys as the main villain.

Insert huge rolleyes here.

18. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

QFT!!!!!!!
    thats why it takes me like 45 min. to read one issue.
    :D 

i also agree mckellan has a GREAT voice. but more of a wise old sage than a robot warrior.

michael clark duncan as bonecrusher?
    hmmm... now that could be cool.

i was also thinking of giovani ribisi for ratchet.
    mostly due to his experience as a medic in saving private ryan lol
    but seriously that could work too.

not sure about jazz.
    i dont think i would want to hear a hip-hop voice for him as some have suggested.
    i would rather hear somebody who sounds like they listen to JAZZ. rap is NOT jazz. maybe somebody like morgan freeman. distinguished, good taste, well mannered. but you get scared of him when he is angry.
    that could work.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Davie Kaye as Megatron. Or James Earl Jones. Welker's Megs voice always grated on me as a kid (as did Latta's Starscream; he's a vicious, backstabbing murderer, not a whiny bitch). I'm over the moon about Peter Cullen getting the Prime gig though; I always loved THAT voice.

20. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

While it'd be cool to have Welker do Megatron, if he doesn't, it won't make the movie less entertaining for me. Kaye would be pretty sweet, I always liked his voice, especially during Beast Wars. If not him, I'd love to see Keith David do the role, always liked his voice.

For other people, it'd be cool to have Micheal Bell do some voices again, Scott McNiel would be cool as well. Even though it might not happen due to plot or whatnot, it'd be awesome having Dan Gilvezan do Bumblebee again. Oh well, a man can dream:D