Every wish fulfilled?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ramberk Magnus, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I was thinking that Takara/Hasbro has actually pulled through and given most of the things the hardcore fandom has wanted. Remember when Takara started doing reissues and we started clamoring for Hasbro to do the same-- well it took them about a year to do it (and they denied they were gonna do it the whole time) but we got our US Hasbro reissues.

Later on, a large contingent of the fandom kept telling Hasbro they wanted a toyline with a G1 design aesthetic that used realistic vehicles. Suddenly we got BT/Alternators.

We even got a Predaking reissue from Takara which seemed like an impossibility.

Plus we got some surprise toys that really pleased the fandom, such as Unicron, Primus, MP Prime, MP Screamer and the TF Classics line.

So, despite all our complaining, I think for the most part, Hasbro and Takara have listened to the fandom and pulled through on our wants. I think the only highly sought items we haven't gotten have been some of the G1 reissues like Wheeljack, Mirage, cassettes, Dinobots... But that may be because the molds are lost.

What do you guys think. Has Takara/Hasbro actually listened to the fandom? What are the remaining highly sought / "wish" items that haven't yet been granted?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, we know they're aware of us and toss us a bone whenever it is practical. They're doing whatever they can to please as many people as possible while staying practical and profitable.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They certainly have given us a lot of cool stuff lately. But there's always room for more. :D  Like say a Masterpiece Hot Rod...

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I got no complaints with Has/Tak these days.

My wallet does tho'.

5. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

QFT.

I love the stuff we've gotten - even if the Japanese is sometimes arguably better (varies by taste - please note I said this ;) ), such as Binaltech vs. Alts... we're getting some good stuff.

But yeah, my wallet is also a-hurtin'.

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I agree completely! I used to be a fan twenty years ago, then came G2(pass), the Beasts (passed), Aramada (passed), then Energon (Starscream and Rodimus!). Cybertron got me good. Awesome Autobots! Decepticons still sucked...Alts are 80% awesome...Classics RULE!!!!! We have come full circle!!!!!! Now about the movie.......

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I definitely think they're listening to us...they just can't give EVERYONE what they want. I think they're doing an awesome job right now, there's literally something for everyone. At my TRU a few onths ago there were both G1 and Beast Wars reissues, Alternators and Cybertron on the shelves at the same time...the past trilogy had both beasts and cars....granted I think they could have thrown in a few more Jungle planet toys, but still, both are being represented. The Classics line is huge for G1 fans like me, and Alts are good for people who like realistic vehicles. I'd say they're definitely at least trying to make us happy with all of the above and the constant homages thrown into the kiddy line.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'd say that, with that Hasbro press release about licensing over in the other thread, that they're listening.

Not only that, but I think, in the coming years we'll finally by given a gift that I, as a Transformers fan, have wanted for quite a while:

More large-scale cultural recognition and acceptance!

It looks like Hasbro, Dreamworks and company are really gearing up to make Transformers a film-to-product movie franchise, like the X-men films. As was mentioned in the press release, that means we'll see EVERYTHING in the coming years, from, as Lance requested, Transformers-themed underoos to the wacky tent-beds to pencil erasers and everything in between.

As a fan, that's always been a peripheral hope of mine - that Transformers would be re-integrated so effectively into the mainstream that it was re-evaluated as a cultural icon. It would be neat if the movie could cement Transformers as a well-recognized element of this generation's culture, much like Star Wars did.

Big hopes, I guess...but feh. I like these robots that turn into vehicles.

9. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    How about a decent storyline with characters that I actually care about (i.e. Beast Wars)? Is it too much to ask that we get a story that doesn't insult the intelligence of children, much less adults?

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Every wish fulfilled? No, but I'm willing to give them more time.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The movie might just change that...:D 

12. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I would love for that to be the case -- but Bay's past history makes me nervous. Undoubtedly I will enjoy the movie on some level, but my gut tells me that it's not going to be for character development or the storyline. ;) 

And I'd rather have a quality TV series with an ongoing story arc than a movie every ~3 years. However, that very well may never happen again.

13. Rattrap587

Rattrap587 Maximal Ground Operations

Ebay:
    I think these fan achievements are very important but I want Hasbro or Takara items could be found in Brazil at reasonable costs in regular stores. (And we have Wallmart here but NO TF´s) - Importation SUCKS HARD!!!

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    i can't complain these days. :D 

15. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Hasbro/Takara have THOROUGHLY fulfilled all our re-paint wishes... :rolleyes2 

16. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I think they've been pretty good to us. I think the only thing that they need to work on is distribution for Alternators and non-USA fans. Maybe the can expand on hasbrotoyshop.com

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My wallet is screamng "Mercy!" However, I would still like to see an MP Skyfire (not another frelling Jetfire)

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Pretty much. Im totally overwhelmed at the rate they're making so many great toys , yet annoyed at the 'glass half empty' fans

I know they did'nt fullfill everyones dream, but knowing Hasbro has so many other lines to worry about, I think we should be thanking them for how flexible they've become and what they've done for the TFans and their kids. So many options these days, the hard part is not to spend all your wad.

19. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I completely agree. The same situation is here in Serbia.

They really need to work on distribution to other countries.

20. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The toys are great. TakTom TFs are far between and more expensive, but I'm sure what they release will be excellent (they should be, with those prices :lol )
    I enjoy Cybertron line very much, I don't buy all of them but it's so fun just to look at them and think which ones to pick up.

It'd be nice if Hasbro AU had an online shop (with hopefully cheaper price).