Every TF should be like Classics Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    This toy just flat out rocks. Sure, there are things here and there they could have done to make it more G1 accurate, but dang it if this isnt the most poseable toy ever. It's amazing it even transforms. It can hold its own against any Revoltech, that's for sure.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Classics Mirage is easily one of the best toys of the last decade. Movie Landmine is up there, too. Just as well balanced, not quite as posable, and the skates get in the way... But it's still up there.

I'm kinda hoping Animated pumps out a few that are as well balanced and articulated as Landmine and Mirage.

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    One of, if the THE best deluxes from the last 6 years (post RiD).

Posable, looks good, very good alt, very good robot, nicely coloured.

(I'm neutral on G1 accurate... don't really care as long as it's a good toy)

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I've posted this picture before, but... I did this 18 days ago. He is still in that pose. I've even moved him twice, but no falling over. His balance is superb. Sometimes good articulation is ruined by poor balance, but not so for this king of kings!

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I'm pretty sure Classics Mirage is my favorite Transformer toy of all time. I'm not exaggerating. His lanky proportions befit his character's function, and because his feet are large and posable, you can put him in just about any action pose you can think of and he'll hold it rock solid. Like Abrogate said, lots of toys get the articulation right but fail massively at maintaining balance, which wastes all the positives of the articulation. After all, what good are dozens of points of articulation if you can't pose a figure without it falling over? But not Mirage. If you can think of it, you can probably pull it off on a display with him. Amazing figure.

It might be a stretch to say every figure should be like him though...Mirage's alt mode and transformation design dictate that he have comparatively large feet. That's not always true of all figures, and it wouldn't look right on, say, Starscream.

Still though, major appreciation for Mirage.

6. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I concur with the rest of the comments. The best classics figure, that's for sure.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just wish he had a head larger than a corn niblet. :) 

8. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. Mirage is top notch, and interestingly I never liked it until I bought it. After that it was pure love, and I picked up a few back-ups on clearance.

It only helps that G1 Mirage was my first Transformer.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

He's a great fig, but it's almost required to 'fix' his ball joints. Mine started out firm and tight, but overtime he's worn himself floppy. But the same can be said of any ball joint.

Still a great TF

10. smf2045

smf2045 Autobot Air Guardian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, now I want a classics Mirage really bad. Stupid me for passing him up when he was common on the Wal-Mart pegs, and now there is nary a one to be found...

Must not pay E(vil)-Bay prices...must not...

11. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

Honestly, Mirage is probably my least favorite classics toy after the 2-pack Op and Megs. I'm not saying he's bad (like the latter two figures), I just think he's kind of... meh. He's very skinny and I don't like how he looks in robot mode, and in car mode, he's weird looking too.

Now if every TF were like Classics Jetfire... now that would be amazing.

12. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    His proportions take some getting used to, but when you consider what he is capable of it's worth the cost. Look at the bots in Classics 2.0, the molds are great but they all got the roided TF look. They look dull compared to a figure that can hold its gun with both hands and do Capoeira.

13. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Agreed. I have Mirage and cliffjumper posed back to back , and they look great. I actually almost passed him up when I found him last year since I was broke and never really cared about the character, but my fiance bought him (and cliffjumper) for me and I was instantly impressed.

14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He is awesome beyond words. I love the design of him, it's unique and oozes personality as well as fitting his function. Everyone should own one.

Gah, I'm kind of sad that Classics 2.0 probably isn't going to be as good as the original Classics.

15. Sage

Sage The ZetaConvoy

Totally agreed on the sheer awesome this figure offers. I just landed a "hologram" Botcon '07 Mirage from eBay and I eagerly await his arrival. For anyone who has one, is there any difference in the plastic quality seeing as he's translucent...?

16. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The figure's design is quite an appropriate update, although the alt mode is slightly odd.

17. Blackout

Blackout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should do a stop-motion of him breakdancing like that. :) 

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the toy and the poseablility, but poseability's not everything. Aesthetically, I have issues with his small head and hunchback like appearance, and blue and white just aren't the most appealing colors for me on a transformer. He also just looks kind of unimposing, and has a pretty weak looking weapon. Again, I like him a lot and he's a great update, but not my favorite.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He's was is probably the best figure from the entire Classics line.

He's Just just one of many awesome molds

Such as.

Energon Divebomb
    Cybertron Amorhide
    Movie Bonecrsuher
    Cybertron Shortround

20. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    crappy legs and arm articulation in the wrong place? Well I gotta say no thank you to that