Ever think that you're Fate's personal hacky sack?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TJOmega, Feb 20, 2007.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The last few days has felt like Fate has kicked me back and forth over and over... Here's the story.

Friday comes around, which is pay day here. I'm on a tight budget so I limit myself to $30 a week for my Transformer collection, one so I don't go out of control and spend too much, and so there's always something out there to go after still. Works well for me. This weekend I knew I was going out with my girlfriend to the mall and TRU so I saved last week's cash to have a nice amount for the toy shop.

I always go with a backup plan however. JRS Toyworld had Titanium Scourge for sale and had Titanium Rodimus Prime, a figure I've wanted badly, in stock. I decided if I couldn't find Titaniums at TRU, I'd come back and order there.

Sunday comes around, we head off. TRU has Classics Jetfire, the last Classic I needed. They had Titanium Optimal, I have the original so I pass, annoyed that it was the only one they had and the only one I didn't really want. They had reissue Soundwave who I wanted badly, but I decide against it so I can afford Titaniums when I get home.

Upon arriving here, I check JRS - Rodimus is sold out. Happened while I was at the mall, go figure. I have to order RID Prime, who I also wanted, as a backup, along with Scourge. Prime is overcharged and shipping price is outrageous but every other place is sold out of Scourge, who is the oldest and the one I need most, and if I cant find a series here I don't mind overcharge as much. I actually get a kick out of this cause both Scourge and Prime are the last ones the store had in stock.

This afternoon I check HTS for the heck of it. Most every 6" Titanium is back in stock. Including Rodimus Prime... and with coupon codes and cheaper shipping, that means I missed a big oppertunity. But I'm willing to bite the bullet... more on why in a bit.

At 11pm I get an e-mail from Bill at JRS. RiD Prime was broken inside it's factory case so my order can't get processed, as mentioned before, it WAS the last one he had... He voided my credit card and I e-mailed back to confirm canceling the order. This leaves me open to purchase from HTS's restock of Titaniums.

This comes at a risk. Last time I ordered from them was for 6" Titaniums, and it took 3 weeks for me to get them because they botched their listings. The upside is I get to order all three Titaniums I want, Rodimus, Scourge, and RID Prime, but it also risks that I may not get them for a much longer time. I'm hoping that because these are toys they've had in before that they're more accurate about their stock, my previous order was when wave 2 was brand new there.

That's how Fate messes with me, good luck/bad luck. Found Jetfire/Rodimus sold out. Scourge on sale/RiD Prime broken. All 3 ordered/history with HTS...

My credit card's tight at the moment so I'm hoping my balance covers both orders at once while the first transaction is cleared... It's been a frustrating trip just to get a few metal Transformers.

2. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah... "don't buy what you can't afford" is a very good rule to go by.

3. TJOmega

News Credits:
    I can afford it just fine, I just dont know when the first transaction will be canceled and the second will go through. I'd rather not have $45 unaccounted for if I should need it tomorrow.

4. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I have to ask, in times like these, do you ever consider getting out of the whole game?

5. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Nah, not really. It's not like my collection is what's drained my bank account, it's just been rough lately. This is more a treat this week to celebrate getting passed the rough spot. That's why I keep my spending to $30 a week, it keeps me from getting everything out there and it doesn't strain my budget at all.

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

What is this new code for HTS of which you speak?

7. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Not really a new code, just the only one that works right now and just 10% off, enough to kill an online overcharge. CATWEB10

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Oh ok. I thought it might be another really good coupon.