Ever ripped open a store pallet/case to get what you wanted?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dormamu, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Yesterday a group of us in NC got together for lunch and decided to do a little hunting a the local Wal-Marts/Targets.

We were all looking for something, and we happened to go into the Garner Wal-Mart and didn't find anything on the pegs, but one of the group noticed a few boxes marked with Voyager and Deluxe class Universe figures.

So I did what any self respecting collector would do. I snatched those boxes off the cart, pulled out the trusty Swiss Army knife and we all pulled out what we were looking for.

The remainder of what we didn't want I proceeded to do the other step of what a self respecting collector would do as well....I did a better job than the Wal-Mart employees of putting the remaining stock from those boxes on the pegs and shelves, and left the empty boxes back on the cart. Took all of 2 minutes, and the best part was the kid and dad who was looking after us found what he wanted too because we had put it right there on the peg, and bought it with his dad.

Anyone ever rip open into those wrapped pallets or cases to get the figures you wanted?

(Edit Note: I'm not saying I'm better than a Wal-Mart employee since I know some of you TFW's work for em, but lets face it, it's nigh impossible to deal with the tornado of stock that flys in, off and around on the shelves. Where I live, there's not always a lot of respect from the workers, and even less for doing a good job. If I'm facing the product, it's purely out of respect for the toys and for the work that has to be done by everyone)

2. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, got me Animated Swoop and Universe Ironhide and Sideswipe a month or so ago from doing that.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is how I got Classics Hound, Cyclonus, Starscream, & Cheetor.

4. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Yes, done that a few times.

That's how I got my Movie '77 BB

5. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I do that all the time. I mostly go to Walmarts around 12-3am, so that's usually the time they have the stock out. I can't tell you how many boxes I've opened up and looked through lol. You're actually not supposed to do that, and some workers have given me a hard time, but I don't care, I needs mah toys!

6. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah i do this all the time, but i know most of the overnight stockers so they are cool with it

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use my car keys more to open pallet box tape than to drive my car.

8. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I do it all the time .... Transformers, GIJoe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, and Several other Toylines.

9. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Certainly! I always open the box carefully and leave the rest of the contents undisturbed. Can't say I've ever put the rest of the contents on the shelves though, as I worry that will mess up the stock work somehow.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    No because those kind of situations don't really present themself over here. New toy stock is either placed by employees without leaving the cart unattended or the stock is in the storehouse, unaccesible to customers.

Wal-Marts sound like a total mess.:p 

Putting the rest of the boxes onto the pegs is pretty funny/awesome/crazy/cool!! :lol 

11. Cheez Doodle23

Cheez Doodle23 Plastic Crack Club Member

News Credits:
    I've wanted to sometimes, but didn't know how the Wal-mart Associates would react lol.

12. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I have done that a few times but here is how I look at it, the product is going up that night (usually) and it doesn't need to get marked you can just scan and go, and since us Transformers fans know how much they are going to be it is fine to open the box and get the figure you want, as long as you don't make a mess of everything.

I had a couple Walmart employees tell me that it definitely was alright just don't make a mess.

Got my Snarl, Soundwave, Jazz that way, a few weeks before they were readily available.

I also got a few Alternators that way last year, that was pretty sweet.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Sweet!

Yeah, I've worked in a supermarket for 5 years. I don't think any employee should have a problem with you taking boxed stuff, it saves them a bit of work, right? :) 

14. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Yes several times in fact. It's how I got Prowl, Sunstreaker, Octane, Dropshot and Spiderman Classic Heroes Venom. To me it's like Christmas without the wrapping paper or tree.

15. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Sometimes I do. But I never find anything when I do.

16. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I rarely ever shop at Walmart. I only let them get my $ if it's absolutely necessary.

Target doesn't leave boxes out that I have ever seen. And TRU keeps their boxes way up high on the shelves where I can't reach them. Never bothered asking an employee to snag them either. They are usually the first in my area to have certain figures show up.

17. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Around here they are disorganized a little bit, but actually most of them are kept quite clean and well stocked and organized. I don't shop at WalMart so much for low prices as I do for the reason that they *have* stock and it is usually on the shelves.
    We have a chain here in Canada called Zellers and the ones near me are - in my opinion - chronically disorganized. Often stock is all over the place, on the floor, in the wrong aisles, opened and abandoned - yeah this stuff happens but unlike the local WalMarts the Zellers staff don't seem to care to clean anything up a lot of the time (at least that's how it seems to me).

I think I'd actually enjoy stocking toys.

18. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

I'll pallet-dive at Walmart, no doubt. At Target, I never see cases out and at TRU I only found cases out once.

A few months back I found my Indy TLC figures at Walmart pallet-diving; when they were still really hard to find. It was 10:00 at night and the cases were coming out - so I grabbed the nearest two and scored.

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I just ask the employees to open the case for me (though sometimes I strike out and they have figures I already have)

20. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

I got my concept camaro bumblebee by doing it, and my walmart mp starscream.