Ever Regret Selling a TF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticonSpike, Jan 18, 2010.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sometimes real life and bills get in the way of transformers collecting, and we sell part of our collections to get by. This thread is for those of us that sold TF's, and now wish we hadn't.
    For me, I regret selling my complete G1 Galvatron, G1 Ramjet, G1 Thrust, G1 Dirge, MISB G1 Jazz, G1 Thundercracker, and Botcon 2001 Arcee.

I guess on the plus side, selling them did pay the rent, but damn, I wish I still had them.

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

YES OH GOD YES.

I really miss my TM2 Megatron, Optimal Optimus, and Armada Megatron. I really miss those for some reason.

3. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    At one time I had every E-Hobby G1 exclusive, MISB. However, the cost to buy them kept going up and I didn't have the shelf room for them anymore. I sold them all off and have regretted it since.

The good news was figures like Astrotrain and Ramjet went crazy with appreciation. I paid $35 and $50 respectively and sold them for three times that. Several others went double what I paid and one even went almost five times what I paid (Trailbreaker, it was before his Encore reissue came out).

I'm not in this to make money, mind you, but if you're going to sell off some toys it doesn't hurt to come out on top.

4. Altercron

Unfortunately I only really have two toys that are probably worth anything and those are Shokaract and Sentinel Maximus. And they are my "babies". Especially Shokky...I couldnt sell them unless my first born needed a kidney. And since I dont have a first born....

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Nope.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Not the same situation, but I sold my Beast Wars figures when I got older and grew out of it. Wish I hadn't done that!

7. Altercron

Oh snap, I had Polar Claw. ^$*@^(#)&#^(@(&#(#$&@)&$^(@#&# I miss that one now too... DAMN UNEMPLOYMENT

8. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I don't think I've ever had to sell a TF out of necessity, so I can't really say I have regrets about it. In fact, I've made a mental list of the ones that I wouldn't mind selling if I had too.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Damn that sucks! I only had Cheetor (the one toy I bought myself new)..then later on I bought Dinobot, Rattrap and Scorponok off a couple of friends. My brother had the Prime bat and Megatron crocodile, as well.

Not the hardest figures to find now, I guess..but still. :( 

10. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I regret selling a MISC Energon Starscream in G1 colors a couple years back. Also regret throwing away a broken G1 Smokescreen in the early 1990's. Shame on me. :(  Didn't realize he was in the "throw away" pile until it was too late.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I've more often regretted buying some figures to be honest.

Though there is one case where I sold my Energon Snow Cat to someone here (I remember who, and it's not that I'm about to say anything bad, but I'll prefer to keep them anonymous). And roughly a week or so after shipping it out, someone posts a thread in the Radicons about taking that exact mold to create Kup.

After a quick and sudden "Aw, son of a-", I let it go. The person I sold it to also posted often in Radicons and they've probably found more use to the figure than I would have.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Occasionally I will sacrifice one tf for another. That being said, I recently put my cybertron metroplex (100% complete, flawless) on ebay and he went for a whole $10.51!! Whooo-who! Oh and cybertron leo breaker..yeah, I gave it to my nieghbor's kid only to see it in pieces a few weeks later.

13. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Any regret I have about selling figures is more along the lines of, "I should've had the foresight to see that I didn't really need this." Especially since more often than not, the figures sell for less than what I bought them at.

14. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

fort max

15. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

I dearly miss my RID Fort Max. It was the largest TF I've ever owned and was the pinnacle of my collection. Its too bad I had to sell it to fix my car. :( 

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I got the TFA 3-pack Dx Stealth Lockdown with Legends BB & OP. I sold the Dx because I collected mostly Legends then. Now that I'm collecting Dx figures, I regret selling Lockdown, it was such a cool figure, a translucent one at that, also reminds of the Batmobile. :) 

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I've been selling toys to clear space and in the process sold my G1 MIB Scorponok. It's in a great condition with all the stickers intact. A little part of me wish I still have the Headmaster but it is taking up too much space for me to justify keeping it around. I still got 70 toys or so that I want to sell but those I don't really care for that much (except RID Scourge and G1 Predaking).

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I would never sell my tfs!!!

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to pick on you dude, but never say never. There are a lot of people on the boards now who a few years ago wouldn't consider selling their TFs. Now they're in the process of liquidating some or all of their collection, for a wide variety of reasons. You may be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to, but you never know.

Of the 220 items I've sold there was only one I couldn't sell, that's as close as I've come. I haven't missed any of the ones I've sold, granted most were duplicates or repaints, but that's besides the point :p 

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    liokaiser....brave max (but he was almost too big).....and many more