Ever recieve free TFs, not as a gift?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UnicronHound, Feb 21, 2007.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have anyone ever received free tfs whether from a friend or family member, that wasn't as a Gift? I received 53 tfs from my brother whose friend was going to throw them away, and it was a treasure of G1 TFs. They were all complete, and none are for sale before you ask. The list is below:
    Bruticus, Abominus, Menasor, Devastator, Megatron, Laserbeak, Frenzy, Ravage, Ratbat, Overkill, Slugfest, Superion, TM Blurr, Wheeljack, Snarl, Grimlock, Swoop, Jetfire, Sideswipe, Wheelie, Yellow Cliffjumper, Yellow Bumblebee, Brawn, Huffer, Gears, Windcharger, Goldbug, Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Rewind, Eject

Awesome haul huh? That is the most TFs I've ever recieved at one time.

2. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

WOW!!! (pick myself up off the floor) Thats a lot. And all complete?

3. UnicronHound

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it had acouple figures from Heman, and Gobots, too, so when my Brother told me to give some tfs to my nephew I gave him the Heman and Gobots. It all came in one of those big tubberware 30 gallon things.

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I just got a package from my father a few days ago with four Armada Coloring Books that I didn't have.

5. UnicronHound

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I got the one that has all the thin ones put together, my sister got it for me just because she was getting herself acouple of coloring books. Altogether I have about 150 free tfs, and about 60 free tf items given to me since I first started collecting TFs. Including a bunch of TF instruction books all G1, like Refelctor, the Scattorshot correction one, and acouple other, the same with tech specs. Way too much stuff to list.

6. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

you lucky bastard

7. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

8. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I never have. I even stopped asking for TFs for Christmas/birthdays/etc. years ago.

Nice haul, BTW.

9. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I have received TFs in trade for other figures or help, and as gifts, but never just been "given" one that I know of at this moment. Would be nice, though... :p 

10. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Yah, won some hasbro contest a few christmas's ago. got some tfs, and zoids in it, rought $100 worth.

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'm not really sure if you should be allowed to share things like this. Kinda makes me want to cry. :( 

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I won a Hasbro contest (like tfgraveyard), and one time I found an abandoned shed full of worn down 80's toys, including many Transformers. Those are the only free ones I've got that arent considered gifts, I guess

13. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well a few years back I had a friend who was about 4 or 5 years older than me and I'd told him I collected transformers and he started to tell me when he was younger he did the same, about a few weeks later I was over at his house and he had Reflector, all three guys with all the accessories, still in good condition(some of the joints were loose but I cant complain) and he just gave tht to me, I offered to give him some money for them but he passed. I think thats the only instance where someone just gave them to me.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I had a dealer at a convention last year that gave me a Rhinox Hard Hero statue. I'm still not sure why--guess he just felt generous. I mean, this was *after* he'd already given me a rock bottom deal for a lot of Hard Hero busts of Shockwave, Prime, and a Brak statue for $100 total. So I still don't understand why he threw Rhinox in with the deal.

But I never discount or neglect anything that's free.

I've also gotten two huge TF lots in trades with the same guy. Caught him at the right time as he was needing to reduce his collection size dramatically due to moving in with his g/f. The first trade was a Cybertron Prime that I paid only $20 for due to a WMT scanning error. And the second trade was for a Cybertron Primus w/ Unicron head.

And here's the total list of stuff I got in the two trades:

> G1 Metroplex with Parts and Box
    > G1 Trypticon Figure only
    > TRU Reissue Ricochet w nightstick still in box
    > G2 Jolt
    > BM T-Wrecks (complete w instructions)
    > BM Ultra Jetstorm [no missles]
    > Armada THundercracker
    > Armada Skywarp w Thunderclash and Box
    > Energon Prime with op 1 – 4 (no trailer or missle)
    > Energon Omega Sentinel (Missing missles, Headmaster has no legs)
    > RM Mirage
    > RM Starscream
    > RID Megatron
    > Universe Tankor
    > Energon Snowcat
    > Energon Scorponok
    > Energon Deluxe Optimus Prime
    > Energon [[smaller]] Megatron [complete]
    > Energon Overcast [complete]
    > Energon Terrorcons/omnicons (at least 1 each of about 6 - 8 figures)
    > Armada Tidal Wave [no missles]
    > Armada Demolisher
    > Machine Wars Megatron/ Megaplex (light blue one)
    > Mahchine wars Thundercracker
    > Universe Depth Charge [missing some disk and shark missles]
    > BW2 Dirge
    > Universe Triceradon
    > Universe Strika
    > Dinobot Striker
    > BM ultra- Jetstorm [missing missles]
    > BW TM2 Megatron [missing missle
    > universe threadshot vs Ultra Magnus MISB
    > universe threadshot (loose but complete)
    > universe ruination (missing Rotor only)
    > RID Jhiaxus complete
    > RID Yellow Landfill complete
    > BM Blackarchnia
    > BM Thrust
    > BM Longhorn (missing tail)
    > BW Tarantulas complete with some chrome wear
    > BW Wolfang [for parts includes shield]
    > BW Prowl (from Magnaboss)
    > about 15 mini cons
    > a lot of weapons
    > Target :2006 comic graphic novel
    > Dreamwave GI JOE verus Transformers vol 1
    > various Dreamwave comics

Considering what all I got in those two trades for so little in return (it was his call--he got what he wanted), I'd say that most of these were free.

15. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A few years ago my dad was helping some family friends move into their new house. They had a shed in the back with a bunch of TFs and Star Trek toys (since my dad loves Star Trek, he kept those). They gave me:

Near complete Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Hound, Prowl, bluestreak, Megatron, Soundwave, Rumble/Frenzy (the blue one), Optimus Prime, Iron Hide, Sunstreaker, Grapple, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Thrust, Brawn, huffer, Trailbreaker, the omnibots, powerdashers, slag, twin twist, smokescreen, warpath, outback, a shitload of TF and G.I. Joe weapons, and Snake Eyes :) 

Needless to say getting this for free ruled :D . Sadly, I sold/ traded most of this stuff a little while after I got it. Only wish I kept Omega because it was in such great condition :( 

16. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

double post

17. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

a friend wanted a studded wristband of mine, and he gave me a G1 Mirage junker for it...

a friend wanted a bag of gummyworms i had, and gave me Optimal Optimus, minus robot head...

a roommate got behind in rent and he gave me Rid Galvatron, wedge, heavyload, grimlock, prowl, mirage, ironhide, and Manterror

my latest girlfriend gave me a box of toys she had as a kid...
    Scalor, Brawl, Bomburst robot, Bludgeon robot and pretender helmet, Zartan, Skeletor, Prince Adam, and Jabba the hut

same GF's cousins gave me a box that included G1 prime robot, Slag, Venom g2 constructicons minus blastoff, strafe, Bw Retrax, Spittor, Op Minor, Scarem, Iguanus, Gobot Tank and black car, letter W, and some digimonformers (which i gave to GF son) and supposedly they have another box that has Dirge and Ramjet junkers, Polarclaw, Snapper, Silverbolt, more letters, and some other stuff, that they were giving me last christmas, but they forgot it... :( 

durring spring clean up, in other peoples piles, i found Astrotrain, near complete Skywarp, Highbeam, Rippersnapper, Sludge junker

18. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

I've never had gotten TFs for free, but last year I got a guys entire GI Joe Collection of over 4000 figures.