Ever met a real Decepticon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cappeca, Jan 2, 2012.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I'm just venting here. We are always saying how the Decepticons are cool and mean and stuff, how Megatron looks menacing, how Starscream is vicious, etc. But have you guys ever had to deal with someone that actually embraces those qualities? That actually goes ahead and gets to *be* evil for his own gain, his own purposes?

A co-worker, friend of mine for 8 years, has asked for my head last month, in the most treacherous way possible. He failed. Needless to say this guy is dead to me, but due to circunstances, we still have to work together. I'm very depressed, very disappointed, and my only motivation right now is that I have always been true and right to my friends and my team, and I have to stay under the light, being true and right, because right now I think this is the only thing that will keep me safe.

Have you guys ever been in a position where the fight against the gossip and the lies is so intense that you feel you're actually fighting the forces of evil? Have you ever had enemies you didn't know, until the first blow, who actually directly ASKED for your doom?

I don't follow any religion, but I have a very strict moral compass. Sometimes when I need support, I go for figures that I admire precisely because of that. I have a Battle Blades Prime on my desk that has achieved a status of spiritual guide right now, giving me inspiration to keep on going. I feel like I'm fighting real Decepticons.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yes, I've met a few, but discussion of politics and religion is forbidden here.

3. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Yeah, well, I meant not those you actually "expect" to be evil. Just wanted to share a personal experience about friends who aren't.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Obviously something happened to cause this.

Whether it was your fault or not we will never know the full story.

5. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    just always try to do the right thing. one thing that you should have learned from transformers is good always wins in the end.

6. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

excatly good will always win.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Most likely this guy was never really your friend. Chances are he's never anyone's real friend, unless the situation calls for it. People do extremely shitty things when they think they'll get away with it, especially when money is on the line.

He has done a douche thing to you. However, we don't know the full story, whether there are circumstances that mitigate things, or damn him further. We don't know for sure what he was thinking, why he did the things he did. You are perfectly right to be hurt by his actions, to feel betrayed, and to want nothing more to do with this guy for his asshole behavior. But does it make him an evil person? I don't know. I don't know if this is another incidence in a long, ongoing, unbroken history of malice, and with all due respect, I don't think you do either.

Evil's an abstract concept. How we perceive it is as much subjective as it is objective. It's a part of every one of us, and not a single one of us out there can say we have never brought evil into this world. You are totally in the right to say "fuck this guy", but I don't know if it makes him the cartoonish level of evil we in our fictional robot stories.

It sucks that this had to happen to you, it sucks even more that it seems to have come about due to someone you trusted, but I don't think we can be sure of it being an example of someone truly embracing the essence of evil.

Similarly, I don't think I've ever been unfortunate to run into anyone I would consider truly "evil". Misguided, ignorant, malicious, petty, selfish, arrogant, sure, like I said earlier, people do extremely shitty things for extremely shitty reasons, and I can't say that I completely understand people's motivations in doing them every time. But I haven't look at anyone I've had to deal with and thought "this person is without empathy, logic, or human compassion. They are a completely evil thing, they choose to be evil, and they enjoy it."

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  8. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I regularly manipulate, scheme and lie to people to such a degree they rarely get a chance to do it to me. Sometimes I do it for a reason, just for fun. A lot of the time I can't help myself, and I do it to people I genuinely like. I think I have a problem in this regard.

I didn't used to do it, but my experiances have taught me that everyone is out for themselves in the most meanspirited way possible, the best way for me to get ahead was to out do them. I don't think I've ever encountered someone who didn't end up either betraying me, or I betraying them. Perhaps it's the environment.

But 'evil'? No, I'm not. Nor is anyone, really. People are defined (in my mind, at least), by their actions, not their nature. Many a good man has done wicked things for selfish reasons, and many an selfish, angry, hate filled man has done good things - do they still fall into the categories of 'good' and 'evil'? I think perhaps not. Evil is far, far too simplistic to describe anyone, or anything - even the Decepticons, who work much better as a set of well rounded and generally hostile characters than a force of evil

Incidentally, I did see Megatron once, but that was during a period of my life when I did a fair amount of drugs, so I generally don't consider the conversation valid.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Evil will always triumph...because good is dumb.

10. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Pawns, I tell you.

PAWNS!

/cackle
    /moustache twirl

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Mostly I got in contact with, what I call, real life evil persons, through some friends. Of course there are much more evil persons. Like those people in many of the war torn countries. The thing is, girls often do not notice that those evil persons are really bad for them. At the end they always suffer because of the wrong people and I have the urge to protect them. From anything bad.

12. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Like others have said, I think this guy might be an opportunist... taking whatever actions he can to promote/develop his own personal gain while disregarding others. I've met this kind before and I found it best to not take anything personally and just move on.