Ever meet someone cool, just before they scare you away?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos Muffin, May 22, 2011.

1. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

He was quite stupid for doing it during school in the cafeteria of all places, and after a while I found out he was kind of a weirdo. Is that enough?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Well, depends on how you define 'weirdo'. We're all weird to a certain degree.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah if anything, I find the people who aren't the least bit weird to be the weirdest of all. You know the ones. The people who're literally abnormally normal to the point of insanity.

Speaking of nothing alike, there was a kid who I've known since grade 1 or 2. We weren't really friends or anything, but we knew each other for a long time & never had any issues. Well, that is until this one day in our grade 9 or 10 gym class where he starts shooting off this 10 minute racist rant about how much he hates black people, and how the only reason he wasn't picked to be on the basketball team was because he's white. Now at first, I assumed that I was just interpreting things wrong (given that his best friend for 10 or so years was black), so I asked because I didn't wanna get the wrong idea.

As it turns out, he was dead serious about all of this, proceeded to insult his former friend with more racist comments, and then said that I wouldn't understand because I didn't have to spend my entire elementary school years with one of "them". Definitely one of my strangest "bench moments", and I was quite shocked because he always seemed like a nice guy, especially when we were younger.

Yup.