Ever have one of those days?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TFPrime, May 31, 2011.

1. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Ever have one of those days? I am..My truck is old and I just need it to last 2 more months until my school loan is all paid off and then I can get a new loan and get a new car..and this bitch has been fighting me every single step of the way..First steering column locked up and wouldn't release the key. So had to get that fixed, 125$..next, electrical, my turn signals, hazards and lower brake lights wouldn't work..I took a baseball bat to my steering coulmn and that seemed to fix it..this morning I went over a manhole cover..that was it..nothing major..and poof, well, not poof more like bang and grindddddd...And after my wheel broke off at the ball joint, tow truck came and got me..I stepped on the Step Up Bar on the passenger side, and the rusted bar broke and my leg went thru it...Had to then sit and wait for him to remove the 2 broken halves of the bar, and then get under way.

I had a good morning for exactly 1/4 mile today.

Attached Files:

2. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

yup...that's why my miata became a project car.
    Clutch was wearing out, idle problems, body rust, and lots of other fun stuff.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Yesterday I went to meet with my editor. The second...AND I MEAN SECOND, I parked my car I hear a bang!!!

Some fucking kid kicked a soccer ball over the fence and smacked my car. I now have a big dent near my driver side door :( 

SO yes I've had many of THOSE days.

I will say this though...you got lucky. That baring was going to break soon and better over a manhole cover than when you are doing 60. That tire at 60 would have flipped your car.

4. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My truck hasn't been able to do 60mph in like a year..lol but I get what you mean yeah..This isn't a surprise by any means. It's a 15yr old truck thru a LOT of salted winters up here and all..body is fine but the bottoms one giant piece of rust falling off a section at a time.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Man, when it rains it pours. Timing is always off. Last year, when my company called me off of layoff, that very mornig, my car wouldnt start. I could go on but I feel ya.

6. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Last time heard a bang in a car, the differential blew up on my Camaro. That thing wasn't going anywhere! :lol 

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yep, been there, done that as the saying goes.

In 2009, I finished putting a brand new CV axle on the front of my 1996 Honda Civic DX and about a mild down the road, some stupid bitch in a brand new Mercedes SUV pulls out with me only 10 feet away, totaling the car and fucking up my right wrist.

So yea, I've been there man.

8. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Oh yeah finally got me a newer truck from my brother in-law. Things were great for a little bit then one day the water pump and other things decided they needed to blow up or blow out. The next thing I know there water everywhere under the truck and the heat gauge is going nuts. One good thing I made it to the repair shop with out killing myself or the Truck BUT....................... 2000 later the Truck was fix and I am paying off a Loan to the bank -_- fun times.