ever have a tooth pulled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by friendship pony, Nov 4, 2011.

1. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    i did today. 3 of them. it sucks.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ugh, three? What happened? I hope you get better soon. :( 

I've never had any of my current set of teeth extracted, knock on wood. I pulled all my kid teeth out myself, though.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    That sucks. I wish you the best.

I've never had any adult teeth pulled, but I had eight baby teeth pulled in one day.

4. friendship pony

News Credits:
    thanks. it was a mix between a fight and bad genes.

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

When I was a kid I had to have a permanent tooth pulled out.The dentist just gave me some local anesthetic and grabbed a pliers and then proceeded to yank on that sucker until it came out.I still have it today as a little souvenir.

6. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I had all 4 wisdom teeth pull, if that counts....at the same time...aw vidicon can be your friend...

7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes. And I can honestly say it was my most enjoyable experience at the dentist.

Drugs is gooood...

8. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:
    When I had my wisdom teeth removed they pulled one of my adult molars out and with the help of my braces moved the wisdom tooth into its place. The molar had grown in without enamel for some reason so it had to have a cap over it. I hated that tooth. The cap would occasionally fall off and it would hurt so bad. Life has been so much better without that bastard.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had 4 pulled out this past Summer. It sucked ass at the time but looking back it's kinda funny. All I remember is going out then waking up and feeling as high as a bird, then the drugs wore off and I could barely talk for about a day.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    me too! Yes, it sucked HARDCORE lol

11. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Four in one day. Wisdom teeth. It wasn't as bad as people make it sound.

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    6 at one time, 2 bad ones and 4 impacted wisdom teeth.

13. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I yanked out my baby teeth when they got loose because they were hurting alot and I thought "Fuck it, it would hurt for about five seconds and there'd be a little blood" so I went ahead and did it.
    I put only one tooth under my pillow. The rest I collected in a bag until all of them fell out. When they did I buried them in my backyard in hopes of them becoming fossilized and some paleontologist finding them in several thousand years :lol 

I have to get my wisdom teeth out soon. The headaches are becoming more frequent and painful.

14. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

I had all four wisdom teeth done at the same time. Two were impacted. The oral surgeon had a hell of a time getting one of the impacted teeth out. She was a very petite woman and practically had a knee on my chest trying to get this thing out. When she finally did get it out I heard it Bounce off the wall across the room.

15. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Yep. Had all 4 wisdom teeth yanked in one day. Was put to sleep with some anesthetic, and those suckers were yanked out. Twenty minutes later, I woke up with guaze in my mouth. It was pretty crazy. Hurt for two days afterwards, but it was worth it.:D 

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Had a few baby teeth pulled when I was younger, not sure how many.
    - Got a root canal, post and cap after breaking one of my top front teeth in a bicycle accident (also had to get another tooth capped). Wasn't 'pulled', but pertinent because...
    - Got that same front tooth pulled after breaking it in another bicycle accident; also cracked the tooth beside it and had to have that pulled as well. Given that both teeth were broken off fairly close to the gum line, they had to be removed by an oral surgeon cutting into my upper palate, rather than a standard extraction. Both replaced with a bridge.

However, I still have all my wisdom teeth - three impacted, but not going anywhere, and the fourth actually grown in proper place. Unless they become a problem, that's exactly where they'll stay, since I see no reason to just get them pulled for the hell of it.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pain meds kick ass.

18. friendship pony

News Credits:
    Yes they do!

19. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I only had 2 Wisdom teeth come in and they were taken out post haste since they were giving me wicked headaches on top of dealing with run of the mill migraines. Apparently the stuff the oral surgeon gave me was pretty good cause I was pretty high. Mashed potatoes and vicodin <<<3

Had a lower rear molar removed cause the cavity was hella deep and the dentist couldn't cap it and had an upper premolar removed because of the insane pain it was causing, Dentist couldn't find a cavity in the tooth but baby once it was gone the difference was night and day.

I had some problems though with bleeding though because of the saliva production the extraction sites wouldn't clot so the dentist recommended put a tea bag there. Enzymes or something in the tea have clotting properties and it helped. Avoid crunchy things like the plague and of course now that you can't have them is when you will crave them most; like tortilla chips and salsa.

Hope you feel better soon.

20. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I had one this past spring. Was a back top molar. The whole side was off of it, so the dentist didn't bother with trying to save it. Any attempt at a root canal would probably have destroyed whatever was left of it, anyway. I'd already told the dentists I didn't want a root canal. My dad had some done, and wound up losing those teeth, later.

I never felt a thing! There was just a some pressure when it got yanked, and that was it. When the stuff they injected in my mouth started wearing off, I started to get a faint dull ache. Ibuprofen knocked that out. It started coming back hours later, but I'd already taken more Ibuprofen for a headache. Other than my gum being sore for a while, that was all the "pain" I had. A month later, they patched up the molar on the other side. (they didn't want to beat up both sides of my mouth, in one session) I actually had more pain from that, because he was really pushing on the inside of mouth, while he worked on it.

I never had wisdom teeth. In fact, one of my back most lower molar never never grew in, either. That's the same side as the molar that got pulled,so it actually works out well. :lol