Ever had problems selling/shipping to Italy ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TTT, May 12, 2008.

1. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Just wondering cause I just sold to a guy in Italy for the first time and this has been my ONLY problem selling on eBay since I started in 2002.(my feedback is 500 all positive, no negs or neuts)

I have seen MANY sellers say they don't ship to Italy for many years now but I thought I'd be safe...I'm wrong.

So this guy is demanding ALL(including shipping) his money back even though I sent him a copy of the insurance form which proves I sent it...because the insurance claim has taken 7 days ...so far.
    He says he'll leave me neg. cause it's taking too long.

Why didn't I listen to the thousands of other eBayers and just say "F^CK ITALY"

WHY...why why why why why ? ? ? ? ?

Well, goodbye 500 (100% POSITIVE) feedback.

If anyone reading this still ships to Italy...don't be stupid like me.

I have changed my shipping policy, NO MORE TO ITALY ! ! ! ...
    ...I suggest everyone else do the same.

Anyone else ?

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Yeah, the last time I checked the shipping section of the eBay forums (on eBay, not here) around half the threads dealt with shipping to Italy. Someone here had a thread a few months ago discussing the same problems. I do believe the problem is their post office being quite terrible.

Also, Transformers are prohibited as are all
    (http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/il_008.htm), so the buyer's items may have been pitched into a void, never to return.

Did you ship Int'l Priority or Express? If the items actually reach the buyer, Paypal should back since those shipping methods are trackable.

3. TTT

News Credits:
    K, thanks...it's making more sense now.
    It was a GI Joe(still plastic).
    I live in Canada so it was sent Small Packets Int.(insured)
    But buyer wanted a full refund including shipping 20 days after payment...whatta maroon.

4. TTT

News Credits:
    In other words...

Don't send toys to Italy...unless it's "LOG" from Ren & Stimpy.

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bearing in mind the reputation that the Italian postal service has combined with a respectable feedback rating, i doubt any informed person would hold that negative against you.

(No offense meant to anybody living in Italy, but some of the stories i've heard are ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if two months from now, the item in question turns up on the buyers doorstep.)

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  6. TTT

News Credits:
    Yah, thanks for the reassurance. I guess I'm just P.O.ed that after all these years of having a 100% rating I'll get an uncalled for feedback for something that had nothing to do with me.

I just noticed he left me a neutral so that's not TOO bad...I guess...still, had nothing to do with me as the seller.

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My only negative feedback in 10 years on ebay was from someone in Italy who didn't receive a package I sent.

Still, I think the obsession some have over having perfect 100% feedback is a little overwrought. Nobody is going to second guess buying something from you because you have 99.9% feedback. Every now and then you're going to get a jerk who negs you for something that isn't your fault, and it's inevitable and unavoidable no matter how good you are. As long as you have high feedback and 97% or higher, no reasonable person would ever think twice about not trusting you.

8. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I never deal internationally.

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Never again will i ship to Italy. EVERY package, even insured, with tracking have disapeared into the void.

10. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Only toys made entirely of wood are allowed in Italy? That's insane.

I've only got two negatives, neither of which are my fault. The first guy never replied to my e-mails (I think his junk mail filter may have blocked my e-mails), and the second guy was from the UK and paid for surface shipping (he wanted the cheapest shipping, and surface takes 6-8 weeks, after two weeks he left me a flaming negative saying how I'd ripped him off). I wouldn't mind so much, but I've only got 69 total feedback, so two negatives really chews up my reputation. It also doesn't help that most of the sellers I buy from never EVER leave feedback or reply to any e-mails after they've sent the item in the mail. Pisses me off something fierce.

11. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    A canadapost rep told me that if customs in italy get ahold of the package it can take up to 6 months for it to be released. Never ship to italy

12. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks!

Don't ever ship to Italy. The Italian postal system has a reputation for a reason.

13. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Not all countries have Italian style postal services. I usually try to stick to Canada, U.S., U.K., Australia, and New Zealand, but I'll ship elsewhere if I know the guy. I mailed HiQ a bunch of stuff a while back, and he's a mate so I don't mind helping him out. I also did a big trade with a guy in Sweden a long time ago, that went off without a hitch.

14. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Me miss Raiden Jr. giftset:( 

Sold to fellow in Italy 8 years ago.

I take a picture of all packages being sent overseas at the post office on the clerks counter-top. The photo will show the sender/receiver address label, postage paid label, green custom form label, and the receipt that was just given to me by the clerk for the transaction. In case shit happens.

15. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    Not every country has a shit postal system.

Tell me about it:banghead: 

16. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just sent a package to Italy. Hope it get there fine.

17. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

18. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

eginadelkaos (49 ) View Listings | Report Feb-28-07 12:35 PST 23 of 516
    Hi people.
    I'm an Italian girl and i would like to inform you about the shipping problems of my country.

We are not thieves, italian ebayers are honest!
    Unfortunately who works in our postal office is a thief!
    They steal our stuff, sometimes packages arrived opened, and often pakages do not arrive properly even if we have the tracking code.

There is people that is waiting for his packages from december. TOTAL CHAOS thousand of objects stopped or stolen in Milan!
    Our postal service is not able to answer to our questions, they are unclear, and often ebayers decide to ask to paypal to help them.

I know that is not the right thing to do but often we can not communicate with our postal service and the only thing to do is ask to paypal.

So when you send to italy ask for insurance!

Sorry for my bad english I hope you'll continue to trade with us!

Jessica

19. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I've had a few packages go missing to Italy too. Notably an Alt. Mirage :(  Considering stopping selling there myself.

edit: I think we just hit the reason.

http://milano.repubblica.it/multimedia/home/1560412

That was posted in that eBay thread linked above. Along with this post, from another Italian. Post 482 if you're interested, on page 13. Not sure if I can post it here as it has comments on political parties in Italy.