Ever had a bad toy hunting trip go good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SwindlesShop, Feb 2, 2010.

1. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    Me and my friends went to a plaza with four hobby shops, i brought my ROTF toys i didn't want to trade with the shops.
    I ended up trading my ROTF thrust for a classics Ramjet
    And picked up a good condition G1 Blurr for twenty bucks
    used with the money I traded my voyager Long Haul with

At first i was bummed out because i thought I hadn't left with the usual good deals i find. But when I took a closer look it was actually a HENKEI Ramjet and Targetmasters Blurr.

anyone have similar experiences?

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I probably would if i knew were these shops were in pa! I dont know anywhere ican trade figs!

3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Woh... wait.. 4 hobby shops in the same plaza???
    is this near LA?

4. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    4 hobby shops in the same plaza? Hell, I'm not even sure they are 4 hobby shops in the state! :lol 

Well, I'm sure there are, but I know there are only like 3 anywhere near me.

As for the actual topic, I know I've gone out on retail shopping expeditions where I'll go to a few stores and find nothing, then hit the last store and find either a new release or something nice on clearance. That's always a welcome surprise.

5. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I know how it is - not a single hobby shop around here that carries TFs like that or trades. When I went to California last summer, however, I found like 5 or 6! Unfortunately, all I could fit in luggage was a G1 BB keychain (and that was on the zipper of the luggage) :mad .

6. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i wish we had that around here. the only place remotely like a hobby shop has one helluva markup for transformers.

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I need to hit some big flea markets in the spring.

8. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The last hunt I did before Christmas - kept seeing nothing until I finally found ROTF Dirge at a Target, and like onyl days after he'd been first sighted.

9. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    ^This^

I've never really had hunting trips turn out quite that good, however this latest trip to find Bludgeon netted me a Legends Devy and HA Barricade so I'm pretty happy about that (my wallet? well he's not so happy but ahh well)

10. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

I'm going to hunt for Legends Devy after work. I don't expect to find it so maybe today will be a bad hunt gone good.
    I was out over the weekend looking for Legends Devy and came across Supreme Devy on clearance for 56 bucks. I didn't snag it yet. Don't know if I should.

11. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'd snag it up at 56 bucks i'm the i gotta have it now guy, and have to have 2 one open and one in the box so long story short 2 devy's at full price! why can't i just ever wait?

12. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

A couple of months ago I stopped by a crappy K-Mart (I hate K-Mart) just to run in and grab one of those gift bags to drop a bday gift in and although K-Mart is over priced and 5 years behind the rest of the world I can't resist walking down the toy aisle. I found one Classics Ironhide without the price tag. Most of the " more famous" Classic characters came out before I was collecting, so finding Ironhide was nice. I figured it would be somewhere around $17-$18 since it's K-Mart, but it rang up at $7.00.

That's all I got on this topic.

13. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I had to have MP Skywarp NOW!! Now Theyre all over around here for 30 bucks. Impatience is a bitch.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    lucky, i never get a hobby shop that has transformers, hell any hobby shop we get closes after a month ugh

15. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Question--- Why would you take the toys you didn't want to trade?

16. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

He means toys he wanted to trade, as in he doesn't want to keep them.

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Nope. :/ If it starts good, it'll end good. If it starts bad, it ends bad.

Haven't been to a Flea Market in a while though, maybe I should try that.

18. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Went to Galena, IL for Thanksgiving last year and went poking around the Wal-Mart. I managed to find a SWTF Emperor Palpatine (I love that shuttle :p ) on the pegs in the aisles.

Went back the next day with family and came across their clearance aisle. Not marked down BUT on the pegs, I found two Universe Sideswipes and a Universe Ironhide. Extremely excited, grabbed all three, and gave a SS to my roommate. I thought that was a nice little find ;) 

19. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Went to Walmart just a few weeks ago looking for Bludgeon. Struck out and found Recon Ironhide instead, who was at home in a BBTS box waiting for me, so it just reminded me of how close I came. Wandered over to the clearance section for a $10 consolation Fearswoop set, and happened into MP Skywarp, half off. $30 consolation prize, not bad, took it to the register... rung up for $20. HELL of a consolation prize.

20. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Day after Christmas, had $25 and went to Walmart to pick up the last clearanced MP Skywarp there. And of course, there were none, so I went to look at other clearance stuff and found... nothing.

Then I went to the toy department to meet someone and what is there on the shelf? About 4 Bludgeons and 4 Recon Ironhides, so I picked up Bludgeon. Returned later that night, and only one Ironhide was left. Next day, you couldn't even tell they were there.