Ever got so mad at a video game...(something REALLY stupid I did in anger)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Eric, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    That you wanted to break something? Well, unfortunately, that happened to me today. I was playing Super Smash Bros Brawl for the first time in about a week, what with the fact that I own an Xbox 360 now (along with Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4, both great games to own). Anyway, I was playing through the Boss Battles mode with Bowser on Hard Difficulty, just so I can unlock a trophy for the Challenges I still have to complete (and I've been doing this for a good three days now), and I kept losing every time. I got really pissed, so I used other characters. I used Kirby, Pikachu, Sonic, Ganondorf, hell, even Wario to get through the Boss Battles, and I can only seem to defeat from 4 to at least 7 bosses. Still kept losing. Well, in a fit of rage (or every time I lost), I kept throwing my silver Gamecube controller against my dresser (I know, stupid idea :redface2: ). Well, after my last attempt, I think I finally did my controller in. Look at the damage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The analog stick is busted, and I think I screwed over some of the other buttons too. It won't work now. I feel really stupid destroying a controller just because I lost at a game. There goes $25 down the drain. :banghead:  Luckily, I happen to have a Wavebird Gamecube controller to tide me over until I can get a new Gamecube controller...and some more anger management.

Anyway, ever had an experience like this with video games?

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Don't play games if you cannot handle losing. When you start to throw shit, that's a good sign to PUT THE CONTROLLER DOWN AND READ A BOOK!

I get mad at shit all the time, but I'm not going to take it out on physical objects.

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, not a good idea to get violent with your controllers. XBox 360 controllers are about $60 (wireless).

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I screamed at the TV over a game of SST this weekend.

GOOD TIMES.

And I danced when I won.

Then sat on Boardwise.

5. SuperPrimalZ

SuperPrimalZ Well-Known Member

You know, Grand Theft Auto is my anger management. If I can't defeat a boss, or clear a stage in another game, I pop in a GTA disc, and start randomnly destroying stuff.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Its not nearly as bad as tossing a Wiimote through a several thousand dollar HDTV.
    DN

7. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

You can call the controller 'battle damaged' and sell it for $100 on eBay.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The worst I’ll do is cuss at the TV or in extreme cases punch my fist into my other hand but I have never busted anything.

9. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

I threw my game boy advance at the wall and it broke in half

but I got a new one the next year

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I'd love to see the damage after trying it on Intense mode.

The worst I'll do when I'm mad at a game is hit the couch or bed I'm sitting on. Soft on the fist and I can be full of rage.

11. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I've dropped my PS2 controllers in frustration before, but never with enough force to damage them. I know I'd just be that much more pissed if they did break.

12. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Don't break that Wavebird, they go for $50 - $75 used these days.

When I was little, I chipped the glass on my old Samsung GXTV with an SNES controller, and I used to tear the cords out of those very controllers once in a while. Luckily my parents could solder and always fixed them up like new.

13. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I get so mad sometimes, and I know I should just quit. Sometimes I do... sometimes I do this:

Either way, I probably need to find a way to control the anger. Or get better...

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Not that mad, no. Screaming obscenities? Yes. Want to break something? Yes. Actually breaking something? No.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I've gotten mad at a game. Never broken anything but I did say: "Fuck you pointy dogs" under my breath to Hunters while I was trying to beat Half-Life 2 Ep 2. I eventually won but still, I can't beat it a second time and I keep coming up with new curses for them.

16. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Nope, and I don't intend to break something or throw a hissy fit over some game. I do tend to give the finger at the game if I get my ass stomped or find it too repetitive/hard.

But yeah, going out and hanging around with friends or watching a movie sounds like a better idea.

17. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Yeah never got so mad at a game to break stuff but then again I have a good job were I can take all my aggression out at.

18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Once my friend got so pissed that he used my fake nunchucks to break his GBA and all the colors swirled through the screen. I just cuss like mad at the TV, but never throw stuff

19. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

About ten years ago I busted a PSone controller so bad I had to drag out the ductape to fix it.

Now days game that make me angry drive me to beat them. but then one could call that experience gained.

Now my cousin on the other hand tossed a Xbox into a tree shredder once.

OP:Take your controller apart,if there anything like the PS2 sticks they just need to be pushed back in place.

20. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Whew...Accessories are way too expensive to break now adays. I get angry as well but I wont throw my PS3 DS3 controller or my 360 Controller. Not to mention damaging what your controller hit. I grew out of that 20 years ago. After having a hard time with a game take a break so you can refresh yourself go get a coke or watch some TV for 30 minutes or so then come back and play.