Ever felt like your collection is... complete?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Apr 15, 2011.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Until there are Classics versions of EVERY G1 character...my collection will not be complete.

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sometimes I have felt like it was somewhat complete but then other times I think if only I had that certain G1 figure it would be complete. Then othe times its well I don't have the cash to get that G1 I always wanted so its not complete. Then when they release these new TF's it makes me wanna get more and more cause their sooooooooo cool.

3. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my collection won't be never complete :D 

4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

oops thanks.

in that case, no i still do not find i have everything out there. my junkion army is does not feel right. i'm in between fireteam and squad. i have six. i need more. i'll feel complete after i get a platoon of em.

i'm also missing skywarp and magnus. i just kitbashed the hell out of springer used it as the fodder though so i'm missing him at the moment. my classics display are crying for rumble/frenzy...

5. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not in a snowballs chance in hell will my collection ever be completed, nor will I ever stop collecting. I merely see all of this as part of whom I am, plus it helps tremendously with my depression and reminds me of a simple time in my life, void of everything I've come to despise in this present life.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I base it off the retail stuff that's out there. And reissues of G1. Completing the Botcon/JP exclusive part of the collection is more of an icing on the cake, since I have trouble justifying spending more for Transformers than I would to get my kids bikes. That being said, my wife is the best ever for this, as she slaps me with the odd rare thing that I never thought I'd buy (See: Robot Heroes Thundercracker/Skywarp two pack, Henkei Minibot Attack Team, ehobby Diaclone repaints, etc...).

But with distribution the way it is, and that glaring hole in my collection that is reserved for Windcharger, Frumzy, and Bodyblock (God damn it, you just KNEW they'd have to cancel an awesome green repaint of anyone with the exception of Deep Dive), it'll never be complete

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No Overlord, no finale.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not yet, but I'm very close. Of the items that have been released and are currently available, the only things I want to complete my collection are:

G1 Runabout
    G1 Runamuck
    G1 Cyclonus
    G1 Wreckgar
    G1 Springer
    G1 Gnaw
    G1 Erector
    Alt Nemesis Prime
    BW Tigerhawk (possibly)
    BW TM2 Megatron (possibly)

Once I get those 8 - 10 figures, I'll have everything I want from G1 (except Fort Max, which is out of my price range for a toy), everything I want from BW and a complete Alternators collection. I already have everything I want from every other series. Then, I'll just be collecting new stuff.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  9. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I have as much chance of being complete as I have of getting x-9 Ravage.

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:

Same here.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unless I get all BW Neo kabaya, my collection will not be complete. (I consciously "collect" only BWN.) But I know it is impossible, so for now I feel my collection has come as far as it can.

Other series I just buy what I like and that will never end. Fortunately (?) I always find something I like :) 

12. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I keep thinking there's nothing else i really want.

But then they raise the bar a little higher,....

13. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In terms of current retail release, I'll be complete once BBTS ships my next box. There's almost always a couple old things or exclusives I'm after though. That and by the time I do get caught up there's usually another release coming out anyway.

14. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Just about. There's a few classics I still would like to get, but at this point I almost have all of the characters I want (that's been made). I'll buy a movie toy here and there, but they're more flavors of the month that end up in a plastic Ziploc in a Rubbermaid bin after a few weeks.

15. joevill

joevill Well-Known Member

It will never be complete. :-\

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If its complete, we are no longer collectors.

17. trionsupreme

trionsupreme Well-Known Member

gotta catch 'em all!

18. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Classics wise through Warpath, I'm done. It actually feels a good to not have to go look for a figure. Now I can concentrate on saving for "Not Devs" and other 3rd party stuff coming out later this year.

2011- Year of the 3rd Party

Thank you craptastic DOTM figures! (minus a couple nice looking ones)

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    In regards to having everything out right now. I've been there and am there right now. I'm waiting for Kup, Scourge, Wheeljack and Warpath to hit Canada before I am complete with my Classicverse.

Does this mean the 'verse is complete? Never. In regards to Classics there are still a lot of key characters that need an upgrade and between Hasbro and 3rd parties you know they will all get made.

One of the beauties of being a TF collector is that it never ends, or hasn't in the last 25 years (minus a year or two). So even if Classics were to get every figure made I still have TF: Prime to collect and then every other special surprise that pops out.

I never feel like my collection is complete.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Distribution is horrible to my area so it's still going to be a while before I have the figures that other places have had for months. I do feel like I'm getting close though on the stuff that has been seen or announced because there are only one or two figures that I might get from Dark of the Moon.

A few things I missed that I still need to pick up but I'm in no hurry for those.

So unless Hasbro shows off something really cool running at the same time as Dark of the Moon I'm almost caught up until the Transformers Prime toys get released and then I'll be tracking down Transformers action figures again. So more of a break than an end.