Ever feel like selling off your entire collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Corbet, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I look back at the past 3 series (Armada, Energon, and Cybertron) and see wall to walls shelves.

Although I still buy transformers, I feel like I've wasted so much money. I look at my energon and armada complete collections, and now that I think about it I wouldn't have bought 1/2 of my collection.

Some of them are horrible. Sideswipe, Ironhide, Hot Shot (armada), and many others.

Now I am finally being picky to what transformers I buy, and its hard because so much of Cybertron is awesome.

Ever get this feeling?

2. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I know how you feel. I try to be very picky about the toys I buy, but I usually end up buying most of them anyway. I love Transformers, but they take up so much space and I spend a lot of money on them. I think that I would enjoy a small, focused collection, but I can't bring myself to sell many of my current toys or stop buying new ones. I blame the crack that is used in the plastic mix which literally addicts me to toys.

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I used to be a diehard completist. Now I only get what I actually like and leave the rest of the less-desirable molds for the kiddies.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I got all of Armada bar Laserbeak. Loved it all apart from Sideways and Sideswipe.

I skipped on a lot of Energon because I didn't like it.

I got all of Galaxy Force because it is the win.

5. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

I guess it stems down to one thing. Do you still enjoy it? I was also a completest for many different toy lines, Star Wars being one of them. Since ep 3 came out I have only bought like 10 figs from the movie. I have however gone strong with Transformers. Star wars didn't keep my interest as much anymore (How many Obi-wans do I need in my collection) so I moved on. Will I sell my collection? Probably never. I may box some up that don't hold my continuing interest, but I still like them enough to hold on to them.

6. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Well NO.

With that said I do not get everything. I do not have the room. I think I got closest to a complete set with RID. I think I am missing 3 or 4 things.

I will probably try to get all on show Galaxy force/Cybertron characters, and some of the more interesting non show ones too. I will not get the Cybertron minicons!

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I have complete RID. I have complete Energon. I have complete Alternators. But that's all I think I will have. Transformers Classics, most likely.

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I enjoy collecting RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron. Heck I have majority of BM and I still like them. I think of them as evolution of TFs and if you don't buy them you are missing out on those gimmicks that's specific to each line. Sure most of them may not look that great but they are still TFs and besides a lot of G1 is crap but people love them regardless. If you are running out of space and you don't want to sell them just put them in a box and stash away in your closet or attic until you feel like displaying them again.

9. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just sold almost 99% of my collection, and it feels good! From now on im a selective collector.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The whole thing? No way. Parts, yeah. I bought practically all of Energon (missed 3 or 4 figures) and now wish I'd skipped half of it. There's a bunch I have that I wish I hadn't bought, so I just sell or trade them now. I'm being more selective with Cybertron, and it's paying off. Only 2 or 3 duds so far.

11. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

No.... I did cull off a number of TF's last year but that was mainly stuff I bought on a whim anyway

But I often feel that my collection takes too much space... I don't spend that much per month... well within what I can afford...but 2 to 4 TF's or 6-8 3.75" Gi Joe figures a month is really mounting up

What I may end up doing is cease buying anything above deluxe size.

12. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

No. I'm am anything but a completist. From RiD I only bought Prime. From Armada I only bought Unicron and Deluxe Prime. From Energon I only bought about 4 basics and half of Superion(because I never saw the last 2 limbs). I guess it was mostly because I didn't really care for those shows that I didn't have a desire to buy more toys. With the exception of Unicron I could see myself selling those some day. Although it's so few that it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Even with Alts. I've only bought about half of them. So Far with Cybertron I have only bought about 6 TFs. However, I do plan on buying most(but not all) of the show characters.

My G1 collection will probably end up having the most pieces, but there is still quite a bit of G1 that I don't plan on getting. For BW, I only plan on getting the show characters and maybe 1 or 2 nonshow molds.

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel that way all the time...It would just be too much of a pain in the ass. But I think I am alot pickier now which is a really good thing. I used to have to buy everything just because it had the Transformers name on it...I've only bought 1 Cybertron figure thus far (Vector Prime) and have just put in my pre-order for Primus. With Energon I think I bought a handful of figures, though there are definitely a few a should have skipped.

Looking throughout my things I would love to get rid of about half of my collection, not just TF's but other figures as well. It's just really hard to figure out what to let go, and then actually let those pieces go.

Even though I am being more selective, I still like to get alot of the reissues and E-Hobby recolors...which gets pricey quick.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I want to continue expanding my collection to include every mold released since 1984. I'm doing well, but space is an issue. I only display around 100 at a time.

15. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Ever feel like selling off your entire collection?"

Not a single Transformer nor Transformer item in my 20+ years of collecting.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    when I decided to get serious about transformer collecting, I sold off most of my collection to a local comic shop. why the hell would I do that? to get rid of anything that was broke, extremely loose, or in shit condition (bad chrome, yellowed plastic). I got rid of over 150 figures from G1/G2/BW.

I realize many people would have kept them, but I really like the fact that every last thing in my collection is in the most perfect condition that is humanly possible. I havent gotten a replacement of everything I got rid of though, thats the only part that bugs me.

17. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is what I did also. Approx. 2 years ago I sold off all of my Transformers that were not in mint condition. (Exceptions were Omega Supreme G1 and Jetfire G1) Now I only collect and display mint condition Transformers.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That just gives you a good goal, Valkysas!

19. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I've never had the urge to get rid of the whole collection. Though for space and sometimes money considerations, I had to sell off a few nice items here and there. It's sad sometimes to see a figure go though.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I would never sell all my collection and I pretty much get what I want, pretty much always have.

There’s a few things I have regretting buying and there is stuff in my collection that comes and goes and stuff I would probably sell off in the future but by enlarge I’m very content with my collection :)