Ever do something stupid that looked like it came straight out of a movie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ranoobu, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    It's hard to describe what I'm trying to ask...

But have you done something that was dumb ... no matter how you look at it and thought to yourself "that only happens in movies"

This is what made me think of this..

I was in class last night.. and this guy next to me got coffee during our break..

he sets it on the table and gets ready for the second half of class..He starts sweeping his side of the table with his hand.. I think to remove all the eraser stuff off and knocks over his coffee onto the table.. (luckily.. on his side..)

Immediately after, the lecture starts.. and instead of just getting up to get a napkin... he stares at the spill for a few seconds... and then decides it's just easier to hand scoop the coffee down TOWARDS HIS PANTS.. he does this until all the coffee on the table is either on the carpet or on his pants (I would say 95% of it was donated to his pants)

I think he was uncomfortable for a bit (lots of hot coffee).. because he had one of his hands on his forehead .. (imagine the statue "The Thinker" only the fist is at the forehead) for a bit

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    LOL

Wow that was brilliantly stupid.

LOL

Thanx for the laugh.
    Transbot90210

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    EPIC LULZ

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    wow, just wow.

5. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

So I was in 7th grade. I turn on the propane on the grill. I turn the nozzels and push the "ignite" switch. Nothing happens. I try again and again, nothing. So I go inside to get matches.

I leave the propane on.

So I come back, like five minutes later. I light a match, put my head OVER THE GRILL TO MAKE SURE IT LIGHTS BECAUSE I WAS SMART, and toss in the match.

The firey pillar was about seven feet high. I jolted back pretty fast and had a skunk head for a while due to the singed, now white, hairs towards the front of my head. The hair also had hairspray on it.

It was hilarious.

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I slipped on a patch of ice a couple of weeks ago. I actually did a flip. My legs swung straight up in the air all akimbo. It would have been hilarious if I hadn't come straight down on my elbow, which then swelled up like Popeye and still hurts.

Who am I kidding, that makes it even funnier.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    When I was in middle school my friend was having a barbecue. While I was supervising, he was attempting to get the briquettes going and kept adding lighter fluid. Maybe after half the container he goes to put a lit match in and the whole thing turns into a 6-foot fireball. Luckily the only damage was the complete loss of his arm hair.

8. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

So, I put some waffles into a toaster, right? Push down the handle, leave them to cook, and go into the other room to talk to my then two year old son. My back's to the thing, and seriously, I'm not watching this thing for just, like, a minute. So, he laughs at something, I turn around, and a lil' pillar of fire is coming out of the toaster there, and about to reach the kitchen cabinets.

So, I run over, and rather than find the fire extinguisher, I knock the toaster into the sink. I see it's cord is white, and unplug a white cord from the outlet. Then, I turn on the water, and move the toaster to put out the fire...and as the shock travels up my arm, I realize that all the appliances in that kitchen had white cords.

Could have been a scene from a movie...if the movie in question was a Final Destination movie, anyway.

9. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

At first I thought the title of the thread was "Ever do something stupid that came straight out of a movie?" I can name a few things there but I won't.:lolol 

10. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My freshman year, I meet this cute girl at the recreation center while I'm lifting weights. We start talking and she says she wants to run on the treadmill. Being that I'd never run on a treadmill before I volunteer for the indoor track, but she has her mind set on the treadmill (you've guessed how it ends right)....

We start running, and about 15 minutes into it I'm tired, but me being me, won't stop running until she does. 20 minutes in, I tell myself its time to stop and you guessed what happened: I fall face first on the treadmill, then slide backwards inbetween these 2 girls doing sit-ups.

So yeah, I can relate :lol 

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two things I did:

When I was 12, I was playing in my backyard and stepped on the pointy end of a rake. I caused it to flip forward and the handle smacked me in the nose. I felt like Disney's Goofey.

Another time much later, I was at Toys R Us with my girlfriend, who was moving slowly down an isle on a skateboard. When I came over she got off and I said "I'll show you how it's done". Then I stepped on it, and it immediately flew forward, but I didn't. My legs flew in the air and I slammed onto the ground.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    A friend of mine caught a chicken, and asked me to get some gas out of the storage building ( for the lawn mower ) and pour some into a brass pitcher. I hand it to him and he gently pours it a few drops at a time onto the chicken until all his feathers are damp with gasoline. He then releases the chicken and begins to flip matches at it. He uses the technique where you put the match on the box holding the back end with your finger and the head against the strike patch, then flipping it with the other hand. The head of the match lights as it rubs over the patch and flies through the air. He hit the chicken on the first flip.

We then proceed to watch a flaming ball shoot across the lawn and make it's way to the creek. It was mid summer and the creek was dry, so the poor chicken just laid there and roasted.

It looked like something out of a movie, and I had no idea what he was gonna do with the gas at the time. I was young and naive. I felt really bad about it and wished I'd figured out what he was gonna do before it was too late to stop him.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I screamed like Sebastian the Crab (From the Little Mermaid) once when I was running from my brother and sister, in the dark, once and tripped over my Doll House. Not his shocked gasp, but "Scream Bloody Murder" Scream he does when something totally freaks him out.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

IDK if it would be in a movie, but a few days ago my friends and I were sleeping over at one of my friend's house and someone sprayed Cheese-Whiz in my hair, his mom got pissed as fuck...

I also have a tendency to get hit in the head with shoes

15. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    My friend had one of those ziplines in his backyard. Every time I would use it, I wouldn't make it all the way to the other side. I decided "Hmm maybe I should give myself a push form the railing". So I did just that, and 1, 2, 3, PUSH. I went feet straight up in front of me and went crashing into the ground. Landed on a loose concrete block. At first I thought "Woah, what just happened", I satre at my arm, "Eww, better go show Mom". Well she freaked out when I showed her. So she took some gauze and wrapped it around my arm. I got lucky, nothing broken, but a huge spiraled scar going down my arm. Unfortunately we were going to Mammoth the next day.

16. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Some guys barged into my apartment and one of them asked me to describe what Marcellus Wallace looks like…

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lol  does he look like a bitch?!! then why you try to play him like a bitch?!! :lol 

18. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

A short and simple example would be when I slipped on a banana peal.

19. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

What?

20. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    What?