Ever been suspended from your job

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scourge, May 6, 2008.

1. Scourge

Scourge I shall rise again

I was just suspended from work Sucks for me but i do not blame the company, I stood up for what i believe in and Do not regret it will next week but i did it for the right reasons Can treally go into it now but i will after i clear things up witht the owner of the company.

I want to hear your stories

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I have never been suspended but was on a two year "corrective action plan" which is basically probation.

I kind of flipped out at work one day and said the wrong thing to the wrong people...

3. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Did you threaten to give someone the brain?

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I worked for a company that generally contracts people and then hires from them, or lets you go when they stop needing you. I contracted for over a year more then originally planned because I was doing really well. While working on the contract, I often let it be known to my immediate bosses, other colleagues, and even higher up bosses I was interested in a permanant opening if one was ever available. When one was available though, they gave it to a friend of mine who had been there longer, which I was totally cool with. They even brought me back and told me "we are sorry but he had more seniority and we will notify you of anymore openings". Ok, still cool.

Alright, now over a year into me working there, they brought on some more contracters for the same thing. Now, a couple of them were obviously friends with some of the other employees. After about 6 months, both those guys were hired permenantly. So, me and this other guy who had been there a long time, very proffesionally, asked why they were hired over us. They told us "Sorry, we didn't think you were interested in full-time employment." This was obviously a cover up for a friend hiring another friend. So, I took it a step higher up and asked about it. All we got in response was "We were unaware of your interests and unfortunately we can't change anything." And a few weeks later both me and the other guy were told "You're contracts are up" and let go. So, total shit story, right?

It get's worse!

So, they told me that I could come back when they needed more contractors. So, I didn't kick up any fuss. I stood up for myself in a good, appropriate way and that didn't work and a friend of an employee got hired. I'm mad but I accepted this fate. So, a few months later, I was contacted via email for more contracts. I told them I was interested and they said they would get back to me. When they didn't I called up, and they told me (get this) that they said they didn't want to bring me on until they could promise a permanant position. Ok... they only hire from their contractors... and since I could no longer contract apparently... they made it so that it would be impossible for me to be employed. So, thanks to standing up for myself, I apparently was labeled a trouble maker and not allowed employment.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I am looking forward to your story about why you were suspended.

I have not been 'suspended,' but I was placed on a sort of 'professional probation' in my grad program for the way I spoke to other students. I realized that the way I behaved was wrong FOR THAT ENVIRONMENT. But it's the way I like acting and acceptable in the military, so I'm just being quiet now and returning the service when I graduate. Problem solved!

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Was fired once. Never "suspended" though.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I was suspended from middle school for "3/8th's of a day!" for writing a step by step process on how me and my friends would take over the world some day.
    Staff got their hands on it somehow (some douche bag left his copy, I dunno?), got my ass kicked by my dad and his strict ways (I didn't even know there was an Alternator Ravage because I had no INTERNET), etc. Apparently they didn't agree with some of my policies (hey man, I gave fame and fortune to everybody who needed help! We had a Governator clone army, giant rubber duckies, hobos living in pent houses and martians, I do something POSITIVE for a minority constantly harassed at my school and they get pissed about that?! What about the part where I convert the Eiffel Tower into a missile?)

To this day, I can only describe the whole event in one sentence "omg, wtf, srsly?".

Ah well, plenty of time to rule the world when I'm a legal adult and actually HAVE constitutional rights, right?
    DN

8. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    That was the same reason I lost a few civilian jobs...and I went back to the military, too.

And good for you, Scourge, standing up for what you believe in!

--Moony

9. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I have never been suspended but I too can not wait for why you was suspended.

10. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I was fired for a few hours once.

About 7 years ago, I worked in this factory, making plastic bottles. I would usually drive a co-worker to pick up her kid after work then home. One night, about 5 minutes before it was time to quit, we all worked till midnight, we were all told that we had to stay and repack some product. Being that late, there was no way, that the lady could get the babysitter to watch her kid any later, so she had to go pick him up. So, not being happy with the whole situation anyways, I decided that I wasn't staying, I was going to drive her as planned. The supervisor didn't like this, ended up screaming and swearing at both of us, trying to intimidate us to go repack the production. So, when it was time to clock out, I went to the time clock, the supervisor pulled me into the office, told me that if I left, not to come back. I felt I was right, so I told him I was leaving, he then proceeded to cuss me out about it.

So, I left. Took her and the kid home. About 5 minutes after I got home, the phone rang (about 130 in the morning). Its my supervisor. He got chewed out by the graveyard shift supervisor over the whole thing. He apologized, and offered me my job back. So, I was fired for less than 2 hours.

11. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was fired for embesseling once. but never suspended

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    In school I was once suspended...for cutting school too much...then when I pointed out that forbidding me to go to school really wasn't a great punishment for failing to go to school they extended my suspention by another week for being a smart ass :) 

13. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I never a had job as such so I can't say... I think I've done about 200 job applications but none seem to be willing to use a person with a master of arts degree.

I'm only employed part-time in a business council, but that's not enough to keep things rollin'... I hope I won't get suspended from that place then I'm really screwed.

14. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    The closest I got to any sort of probation or suspension was in college. I was put on academic probation for a semester. A big reason for that was because the Las Vegas Strip was only 5 minutes away and my roommate was Hawaiian.

Other than that, I'm usually the one giving suspensions or firings.

15. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    nope never been suspended but have been investigated, equally as discomforting I imagine.

16. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Never got suspended from my job. Or fired for that matter. Me and some people (around 7-8) got laid off for a month and a half due to lack of production. A week later after the Labor Day weekend, they called me back (that was like 4 years ago). They do make me and the employees go home early if there's no production or if it's slow.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Never been suspened. Been fired a few times though ....

18. Scourge

Scourge I shall rise again

Here is my story edited for it to be short and too the point, And Just to point this out now I agree with the companys descion to suspended me.

I work for a web hosting company and we do phones and chats tech support
    well this customer comes and hes starts doing this CANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUNDCANCEL MY ACCOUNT GIVE ME A REFUND
    He did this for 8 pages before i could even get a word in so when i finally did start to get some words in he started to make honor strikes against me insulting me personally and my company call us all a bunch of liars and scum bag thieves.

I broke in and was finally able to say "Excuse me sir I am not a liar or a thief and Neither is the company i work for we both have Honor and integrety. He said thanks to some ASSHOLE that replied to my ticket I am now gonna be a Bigger Asshole than your company. I replied" I am a bigger one" He replied FUCK YOU amd I told him in a smart ass way "Nah dude I am only into animals" Now mind you Iam not the sick and demeted i was just trying to take this guy down a peg So after 15 mins of him calline me and my company every cuss word in the book i finally got this guy to calm down. After the Chat was over I emalied the whole transcript to my managers email to cover my ass and told i Fought fire with fire and will accept any consequnce of my actions But i do not regret what i did.

Anyway for my un professional behavior i was suspended for a week. Even thou i got the results and I agree with them in thier decession I stood up for myself as well as the company i work for I do not regret it and Would do it again.

NOw i am gonna open this up for your Opppions and Cristisims
    I do not want to read page after page of abodon your honor at work or anything derogatory like that if it is a negitive comment please eleborate why you feel that way.

Respectfully Scourge

19. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I was fired once from Lowes. Called out sick two days in a row, over-night manager didn't tell the opening manager I called out.. and well.. they ruled me as a no show.
    ..kinda believe they just used that as a lie to get rid of me because they didn't like me :D ; much.
    Now I work over nights at Home Depot.
    Go figure....
    Yes... it's all going according to plan..

Was suspended a lot in Middle School.
    Don't start a fight with/pick on the strange quiet androgynous girl who family is going through a divorce. She'll beat you senseless.
    I was also suspended a few times in High School too- at one point me losing my cool and...slamming whoever looked at me the wrong way or made fun of me into a wall or throwing something at them or just clobbering them...became a bi-weekly event. Where after the fight they just kept me in the guidance office and let me draw until it was time to leave. e__e and told the kid who set me off it's best to leave me alone...

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I gave them the goat.