ever been sent the wrong transformer from a buyer/seller?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SG hailstorm, Jun 6, 2012.

1. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

i bought a dinobots T-wrecks off eBay saturday and when my package arrived today, it was aLOT smaller than what a ultra class figure would fit in, turns out the buyer accidently sent me a transmetal rattrap a girl in north Carolina ordered from the same buyer, it turns out the buyer printed my address twice and forgot to check the labels before he sent them, mines on the way and will arrive by friday, the buyer was very nice about it too and as an apology for the inconvenience offering me a discount on future transformer purchases from him

but my question is have any of YOU my fellow TFers have ever recieved either the wrong TF figure or someone elses or even a non TF figure

2. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A few times from hts.com ordered dotm topspin and got sid.eswipe. Also ordered 1 gen sky shadow and they sent 2

3. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Yeah,

Bought a HA Soundwave and got the deluxe. By the time it arrived and I sent it back to him the time to make a PayPal/eBay claim had passed. Now he claims it never got back to him and won't send me the right thing.

So I'm out about $50 and am so soured by it that I don't even want to try to get another HA Soundwave.

4. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered from K-mart's website once, and they sent me the wrong figure. Since then I've heard it's pretty common they do that. For example, if you order a certain deluxe figure they send a random deluxe figure, you might get what you ordered, you might not.

I won't buy from their site again.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

4 years ago, a board member sent me an Energon Prowl when I wanted an Energon Mirage. Making a connection to G1, he mistook the blue race car for Mirage. I alerted him of this and he allowed me to keep the Prowl while refunding what I had paid.

6. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I ordered the Ultra Magnus version of Faith Leader from Igear and got the Shattered Glass version instead. As it turned out I was happy with the switch.

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    A seller switched my item with someone else's once, I think it was a MOTU 200X figure. I contacted him and he had us 2 buyers send each other our items and he reimbursed both of us our shipping costs. It all worked out.

^ Yeah, Kmart.com is a crapshoot. You can pretty much count on getting the wrong item.

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    My dad knew I'd been wanting a Universe 2.0 red Powerglide for a while, so he bought the blah Takara version instead with its red arms(he thought it looked better, and never bothered asking me). Instead, they sent him Takara's white Silverbolt.

I'm actually glad they botched the order. I would've been disappointed with that Powerglide.

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I ordered HtfD Battle Blades Optimus Prime from Kmart once and received HftD The Fallen instead. I liked The Fallen figure so I ended up keeping it. Afterwards I ordering my Prime from Amazon instead.

10. SG hailstorm

a blessing in disguise i guess =)

i'd be happy with that too

aamen

man, what a jerk

two generations sky shadows instead of one is a total win win sitch

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ordered a few WSTs late last spring from one seller (Bumblebee, Skywarp and Sideswipe) cheaply since they were looking to move them immediately. I missed out on their Soundwave but figured at least I got the other three for a good price.

When they arrived, the seller had sent Bumblebee, Skywarp and Soundwave.

They realized their mistake and sent an e-mail that same day asking me to ship back the Soundwave so they could ship it to the person that had purchased it. The seller was cool about the whole thing, immediately sent me the Sideswipe they had forgotten to include the first time around and threw in a little History Collection Starscream as well (plus they refunded me the cost of shipping the Soundwave back to him).

12. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Happened to me twice. Ones with Energon Starscream. I had bought the G1 colored version, but got the other. Contacted the seller and got the G1 version as well without any extra charge.

And in 2003 I bought for the first time from Digital Toys. Within a week of ordering I received a package from them (even though I had opted for international surface mail: takes 6-7 weeks). In it was a RiD Cryotek meant for someone in Canada. Turned out the postoffice had made a mistake (switched custom forms and used the printed address on my package and the customsform of the other package). Contacted Mike, shipped Cryotek back to him and received free shipping on my next order: BT Smokescreen, BT Sideswipe, Universe Landfill set and MP Optimus Prime...I think I made money on that :) 

13. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

i got the wrong lot from a seller on ebay. when i told him he sent me paypal money to cover the return trip and said to keep the change. it was a super cheap order so i ended up making money. I got my order and came out in the green. He either was only concerned with his feedback score or is just a great guy. Either way he got full stars.

14. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

It may sound wierd but I ordered a deluxe 2007 arcee from ebay but instead of getting the purple one I got a black one.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I worked out a trade with another member on here once,and when he sent out my package he accidentally also sent someone else's package to my house.I sure was surprised to open the second box and find the Munitioner/Explorer sets.So I contacted him and sent it back right away.He sent me something back just for being honest with him.

16. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

If it's all the same, I'd like to Tell y'all a story about how I won't buy from Toys R Us online anymore

Back when I was real into collecting Halo, I bought a Mudsplattered edition Warthog toy from their website. They ship it. It arrived late, under the wrong carrier, and I had to pay $10.45 extra postage (On top of what I had paid when I placed the order, Cheap fuckers) just to get it from the postman.

This, friends and neighbors, is why I don't buy online from Toys R Us anymore.

17. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    Truth be told, I did this as a seller once. I sold two items (a G1 trailbreaker box and a G1 loose Skywarp) and only had two of the same size boxes. Anyway, I packed them and paired them with what I thought were the right address slips. Ultimately, I refunded and paid return fee to one buyer, and offered the same to the other, but he decided to keep the item and never returned it.

It's was pretty embarrassing though.

18. SG hailstorm

i'm pretty sure i'd make that mistake at least a couple times lol

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Not as a buyer. I guess I've been lucky?

As a seller, I one time sent the wrong side part to someone... He wasn't specific as to which left it was. We were doing a trade, so it ended up being no big deal because I sent first and he just mailed back the other part with his end of the trade.

20. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Nothing "Transformers'' related has happend to me but this happened to me:

I ordered a copy of the album Almost Human from Vintage Stock,but they sent me the soundtrack to the film,Felix the Cat. It was very odd.