Ever been disappointed in finds of old childhood toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bignick1693, Jun 28, 2011.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Just found a g1 bluestreak today. I was surprised when i saw it but yet upset that he is so destroyed. I just want to restore him now if it possible( pm me if you can help) just wondering if any one else fell into this problem too
    IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    sorry for small pics 1st time posting picks.

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    My only disappointment was when i was selling my G1 collection some years back. I always kept everything MIB 100% and flawless inluding all inserts, bubbles, and all.

My disappointment was finding my RedAlert box and inserts but no figure! Still have no idea where it ended up.

3. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I was disappointed just the other day when I found an old TM Spittor that turned out to be a KO. No wonder he doesn't transform properly or deploy his tail claw.

4. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    Might sound really dumb to you guys but I was disappointed to learn that my childhood OP was actually Power Master version and not regular G1 version. I seriously thought all along G1 prime was the "one" I loved. G1 prime is so much cheaper and easier to find compared to Power Master version. I was also upset about G1 prime's inability to hold his gun straight and fat looking face :) 

5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    DUDE!!! Same here, I always thought that it was just regular old Prime but no. That's super hilarious.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found this transforming toy insect I got many years back. I was hoping to alter and repaint it into an insecticon, but it was really loose and missing an arm. I just threw it back.

7. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

recently found my G2 laser OP and he can no longer stand up becuase his thigh joints are too loose

i also thought i had a G1 OP but nope it was the G2 re-release witht eh black trailer and voice box

8. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    Realized that almost all the TF's I owned as a kid were never featured in any show.

9. UNI Prof

UNI Prof Well-Known Member

Couldn't find my old TopSpin but I did find his knockoff in my mom's attic. His wheels had melted!

On the other end of the spectrum, I've been very pleased with my old GoBots. Jeepers Creepers and Blockhead are simply brilliant figures. Zero, Dive Dive and a few others are really cool as well.

10. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not "disappointed" per se, but when I started collecting G1 reissues a few years back I was surprised at just how small certain bots were when I finally held them in my adult hands (especially ones I never owned): Jazz, the Datsuns, Hound, etc.

The Opposite:
    Pleasantly surprised when I dug up some old G1s, found my brother's G1 Siren. Open him up to find the head (Quig) AND helmut! Atta boy!! Now if only I can track down those stupid tiny antenna pistols...

11. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man the disappointment to find all my TF from back in the day were ravaged by my cousin. All that was left was my Soundwave all broken and scratched up. Never will like this kid again. (that's just 1 reason.)