Ever "adopted" a non-Transformer?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Feralstorm, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    inspired in part by this thread http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=111079

By "adopted", I mean have you ever taken a robot toy that was not an official part of a Transformers toyline, and either because you liked it enough or thought it fit in unusually well, decided to include it in your collection as a "Transformer", perhaps even sticking a faction sticker on the thing to seal the deal?

Here's a few toys where I have done that:
    Bandai Macross7 'Stealth Valkyrie', which became a nifty Decepticon counterpart to Jetfire, named "Sky Shadow"

Takara (Sonokong, actually) Brave "Death Garry". - Well, that was actually a Transformer before, so it's not a big leap to make.

Knockoff of Brave "Fire Dagwon" (747 with ambulance & fire truck), now an Autobot "Skylift".

Thought about adopting, but didn't officially:

Knockoff Power Rangers Turbo Rescue Megazord

Those little limbs/ Ambulance nurse robots from 'Machine Robo Rescue'.

And now, you!

2. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I got that CVS tank transforming robot with the sunstreaker face that I threw in with the rest of my TFs.

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm... mainly the ol' Megazords that had you know, robot modes besides megazord mode.

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have with go-bots and rock lords

5. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

yeah, same here with the Gobots...

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I am pretty well a Transformers snob...if it doesn’t say transformers on the box, it doesn't go on the shelf.

But if it is cool enough it will go on a separate shelf. I collected for a time Neon Genises (SP?) and Gundam wing.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. Even when I had Diaclone toys as a kid, I didn't include them as TFs...bloody stupid of me...especially when I had the Diaclone version of Grimlock, Inferno, Skids etc.

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I was little, I had the silver and black version of the Omega Surpreme mold. I used it as a Decepticon to fight Omega until I saw an episode with the Guardian Robots..then I used it as one of them.
    Lately I "adopted' the Radio Shack Galactic Man (Shackwave) as Shockwave's twin brother...the one that got all the emotions and no brains.

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Go-Bots: Leader-1 (Aviator, Herald of Unicron under command of Altercron :D  )
    PR: Turbo Rescue Megazord (Defensor)
    PR: Astro megazord(?) (can't remember what I called it)

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, I had a Shackwave as a kid, which WAS my Shockwave until I got a legit one as an adult. Shackwave was better-hung, as I remember. :) 

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My Braves are Braves, although they've been known to crossover. I've adopted a KO Black Ox from Tetsujin 28 FX as a Brave villain, I've also got Servo and Xenon from Superhuman Samurai hanging around. Mostly, I just get robots as robots, but they all share spaces in my collection. Odd robots generally end up as guys to fight with my other robots.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Only thing at the moment is 1/48 valk as alt Skyfire but any good transforming toy stand a chanse of getting put in with my TF, I love the transformers story and a good toy should stand a chanse to be part of that.

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a few KOs on my shelves- gestalts and a greenTM2 Megatron. Other than that, the Marvel Megamorph Hulk is currently on a shelf, but is about to get packed up with his friends once I start rearranging shelves.

-Tony!

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Not robots but the mini April O'neal I got at the dollar store is almost exactly in scale with the alts, and the new 2.5" Sigma 6 stuff fits pretty well too, Duke, Roadblock and April all hang out with my TFs!

15. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I had him too, thinking he was the real one...

He got waaayyyy more 'action' than the real one though...LOL

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, if this applies to other toylines...I guess I mix my ML with my DC Direct stuff along with SOTA Street Fighters. I'm most pleased that the toy companies have decided to may the standard size of action figures to be 6 inches.

17. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Braves and Web Divers are TFs, as far as I'm concerned. It's easy for me to see them that way since I have no connection with their backstories or shows.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    G1 knock off constructicons, called "Team construx". I love the little guys and I plan to by a second set. They are now their own faction and highjack autobot shuttles for building materials.

By the way, what does Shackwave look like?

19. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Check out the link for pictures of the ToyCo Astro Magnum, which is basically the same toy that Radio Shack put out.

http://www.robot-japan.com/Gallery/Takara/Transformers/G1/AstroMagnum/Toybox-Astro-Magnum.asp

Mostly, the color scheme is different and Shockwave's trigger is modifed from the Astro Magnum design. One of the pictures has a close up of the trigger and grip.

Edit: Oh and regarding the topic of this thread, I used to have a lot of the Gundam Wing model kits standing next to my TFs, until I boxed them all away to make more room for more official TFs. Now my shelves are full of the real deal, and I guess I've become a TF snob as well.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I have a few Gobots (including Tux.... how can you not love a robot with a top hat?). But they aren't really included with the Transformers. The reside in a little Gobot Ghetto on the next shelf down. :) 

I do have a Gromit toy (yes, the dog from "Wallace and Gromit") that always sits with my Transformers. Don't ask me why.... I think it's just because he looks so completely, totally out of place.... and I find that amusing.