Ever accidentally thrown away a weapon/missile?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WhiteMocha, Jan 31, 2011.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Dammit.... second time I've done this. Got United WFC Bumblebee in recently, opened him up, and totally forgot to check for his little blaster. It must've still been stuck in the plastic bubble, and now it is happily headed off to be recycled into soda bottles or something. Same thing happened with Animated Shadow Blade Megatron's missile. Sigh.

At least they are recyclable, I guess.

2. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Yeah man, that sucks. I actually threw away a MOSC G1 Override at one point. I had put it back in the shipping box after I opening it, and it somehow ended up in the scrap pile.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The missile for my Botcon Alpha Trion went up the hose of my Shop-Vac during my spring cleaning last year.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    In the early 90's my friend bought me a new wheeljack and Sunstreaker. I was totally out of TFs at this time and forgot most of the names. Somewhere between 1990 and 1996 when I became hardcore I threw away the Wings and those yellow shoulder things that Sunstreaker has.

Go figure the most expensive part of the figures...oh well at least everything else survived.

5. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Missiles annoy the hell out of me - I've got a huge tub of them. Yet, for some reason, it REALLY annoys me when I lose one/throw one out. God knows where two of my Optimal Optimus ones went...

On a non TF related note, When I was a kid I spent what felt like years looking for one of my Batmobile missiles. I actually liked those missiles because they were hidden until you lifted the gear lever. Plus, the spring was INSIDE the missile, which blew my little mind...

Also lost a "Blood Sample" missile for my Jurassic Park Ford Explorer. Thats probably karma for shooting it at my cat.

6. WhiteMocha

Ouch.... yeah, I feel you on that one, too. Coincidentally, my Alpha Trion's missile is gone as well. I don't actually know when or how it disappeared, likely it just fired off and vanished during some collection packing or re-shuffling. That's a particularly annoying one to lose, an accessory to a limited figure.

Gah, that's painful too. And entire MOSC G1 figure! That's worse than a missile or weapon. Sorry to hear that!

7. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I have no idea where the two missiles for my Classics Skywarp are. It pisses me off because he's such an expensive figure.

Does anyone know where I could get replacements? I know they can't be that rare since Dirge also came with an identical pair of black missiles. (Which now belong to Skywarp, but Dirge looks naked without his missiles.)

8. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron Voyager Vector prime may have had the missile taped on the package rather than on the bubble and it was thrown away. That is why I keep packaging whenever possible.

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Luckily I realized it in time, I heard it rattle up the hose in fact. So I looked through my toys on display to see whose missile was gone. Then I went through the bag on the back porch until I found it.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Oh yes. Energon Jetfire's gun, then the missile, Energon Ironhide's missile, among others.

I also have lost many parts that have undoubtably been thrown away, and my mum threw away my Beast Wars Megatron years ago.

11. WhiteMocha

That is lucky! Quite a close call. I'm still hoping my A3's missile turns up some day, but I'm not too optimistic.

Things like this are part of why I'm generally not in favor of firing missiles. They just become one more part to keep track of.

12. Skalor

Skalor Stunticon

I guess that was the benefit of getting three missiles on the spruces back in the day. Now though, you lose one, you're assed out.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    sadly yes I have lost several missiles over the years and the guns to several spy changers thanks to my cats XD

14. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of the barrels for the large cannons on Classics Jetfire. One of my favourite figures now can't use his BFGs :( 

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    For sure. Now I keep all extra pieces in a ziploc with the toy's name written on it. Alpha Trion doesn't need that missile when he's on display at all anyway. One tail flip from a passing cat, he falls on his back and hits the button. Probably what happened last time.

16. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I was fiddling with my KO Mini-Seeker Thrust the other day. And I tell yea, those missile-launchers have a very sensitive hair-trigger on them. Plus, them missiles are awfully damn tiny as well! Worst ones to lose are Starscreams gray missile in a gray carpet, and Starscream's Ghost missile which is clear.
    I searched for Thrusts missile for which seemed like two hours when I finally found it a few feet in front of the coffee table.

I double-check my packages and the boxes they come in just in case. It would suck to have a rare figure and lose it's precious pieces.

17. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    Never threw away a weapon or a missile, which is a great thing, but I did however unintentionally throw away a box during my move into my new house 5 years ago and it's bothered me ever since.

The box I threw away was a Brave Maximus box! :banghead: 

What sucks is that it was in pristine condition with all the paperwork!

I don't know how I did that, but that sucker is long gone now!

Oh well, at least I manage to get another box and all the paperwork as well... Thanks to a buddy of mine!

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That sucks, CURAMEN! Hopefully Max wasn't inside the box at the time! I still store mine in there.

19. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Absolutely. Henkei Galvatron's missile & Human Alliance Mikaela are currently behind the bed in which I'm unable to reach there at all. It's impossible to ever get there without moving the whole freakn bed. The bed weighs a ton! and I'm too lazy to do it.. :p 

Oh yeah one more. I mistakenly threw away Leader Starscream's missile pod and all his missiles...Very clumsy of me, I was in such a rush to open the darn thing and completely threw it away off guard...

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm most certain that my Cybertron Optimus Prime's missiles were thrown out like 5 years ago when i got him.

:banghead:  Only a couple months later i had started keeping packaging.

I almost lost my Movie 1 deluxe Brawl missile in the car but then i found it. :D  Armada Red Alert's missiles disspered not even sure if i even bought it with it oh well i have TF1 Inferno's missile insted.

*Anyone have a spare Cybertron Optimus Prime trailer with 3 missiles anyone!!!!* *Come on help a poor dude out*