Even More Transformers: The Last Knight Toy Packaging Art Leaked - Hot Rod Confirmed?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Apr 23, 2017.

1. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only role info so far we know is  Wembly comes face to face with the longtime friend she didn’t even know she had — the Autobot covert agent Hot Rod. She’s freaked out — and not planning to go quietly.Hot Rod has secretly been serving as her protector in the guise of her father’s 1963 Citroën DS.“It’s a rickety old thing, but she can’t part with it because she adores it,” Haddock says of the vintage vehicle. “This car has actually been put there to watch her and feedback information to Anthony Hopkins’s character about what she’s up to and her life. So yeah, she gets kind of taken [by surprise] in a really funny, dramatic way by this Hot Rod.”The revelation also reshapes how she viewed her dad. “She’s not had a very good relationship with her father, but this is one thing that her father has done that makes her realize that maybe he cared than she thought.” and also too 

So far, the new robot doesn’t have an actor attached. “It’s still in the works,” di Bonaventura says.

source of the info Here’s a First Look at Hot Rod In 'Transformers: The Last Knight'

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd just like to point out Mirage/Dino as one example. He was featured in the movie comics, he was featured in the movie video game, they had artwork of him, he had a speaking part in the movie and guess what, no figure.

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I have a feeling TLK toy line will end after wave 3 and it will continue with Mission to Cybertron.

Also, since Hot Rod is confirmed as an exclusive, Our little mystery wave 3 deluxe friend is still a mystery.

4. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

Wait I thought he had a voice in some IMAX screening events? Huh....maybe they are changing it because it screened badly? I did hear a lot of people couldn't understand him very well....

5. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    These interviews are made months ago, so his IMAX voice is a go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. STARBLAST

STARBLAST Banned

Well there goes all hope...oh well.

7. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro had plans but Ferrari said no that's not even close to the situation with hot rod
    They have permission and it's just a matter of when

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I still wonder why Hasbro was unable to release MP Sideswipe though. Also, if they had licensing for the mack truck that Optimus was in 1 to 3, I'm sure they will have it for this one, right?

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dang. Seems this is time as any to dust off my latin language exam... :D 

Except, while I know \"Ipsum\" means \"very\", Lorem apparently does not mean anything.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Optimus was never a Mack truck, he was a heavily customized Peterbilt 379 in the first three movies.

Customized and genericized specifically so Hasbro could release the toy without a license.

11. Matt TooFast4U

Matt TooFast4U Needs a life

You needn't waste your time, it's merely filler text as the news article states. There's nothing meaningful there to translate.

12. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based off what we now know from the spoiler, it sounds like there is an excellent chance he'll be relatively major in the Bumblebee movie.

13. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I shouldn't ask, but I'm just curious to know. Does licensing qualify for 4900SF tow truck?

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I guess the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

15. RobHar

RobHar Member

So there is now a fourth character above the already small third character. Wonder who this one is?

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well this does seem to confirm that Hot Rod will see a release in this sub line after all. Hopefully this means characters like Onslaught,Hooligan and Mohawk aren't far behind.

17. johndoe4880

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry Folks for posting this in here but i was trying to reply to some one comment and i screw up and hit the wrong button and post this In here but i do thank TFw2005 for giving me credit in front page for it.

18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Somehow I'm thinking Hooligan and Mohawk might be in a 2 pack.

• Like Like x 1
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That would be a cool idea. Perhaps they can also do a two pack of Onslaught along with either Conopy or Bulldog.

20. johndoe4880

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they actraully did have a bunch of Mirage/Dino figures cyberbers and A deluex

Cyberverse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Mirage (Cyberverse Legion, 2012)
      • Accessories: Blaster
    Part of the second wave of Series 2 Cyberverse Legion Class toys, Mirage is a redeco/retool of Revenge of the Fallen Legends Class Sideways, transforming into an unlicensed mock Audi R8. The retool was principally to give him hands and 3mm ports capable of holding Cyberverse weapons, such as his translucent red "blaster", a sword which can sort of be used as a blaster when turned around. The "blaster", in the same colors, was carried by Cliffjumper and Ratchet, while differently-colored versions were each used by Quickblade Bumblebee and the single-release redeco of Knock Out.
    The United States market release of Mirage used the template for the Transformers: Prime-based Series 2 Cyberverse Legion Class packaging style but lacked the "Prime" moniker. The multilingual European market packaging, meanwhile, retained the Prime title.
    The original version of this sculpt was also used to make Override, while the retooled version was also used for Age of Extinction Stinger.

Movie Advanced Series
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Autobot Dino (Deluxe Class, 2014)
      • Release Date: June 21st, 2014
      • Japanese ID number: AD16
      • Accessories: Armblades
    Released in June 2014 in Japan, Movie Advanced Series Deluxe Class Dino is a red redeco and retool of Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Class Sideways. He features Automorph action during the conversion from car to robot mode. When the front bumper is pressed, his front pair of wheels automatically flip underneath the hood, and his robot abs flip down. There is also some Mech Alive: you can see internal gears moving in his fore-arms when moving his arms, as well as a turning disk on each of his elbows. On his right arm is a spinning "saw" blade. He transforms into an unlicensed approximation of an Audi R8.
    In addition to his new, movie-accurate head sculpt, Dino also comes with removable arm blades to simulate the ones he had in the movie. The original version of this sculpt was also retooled into Revenge of the Fallen Dead End.
    (Yeah, we're not sure how this got made either.)

Source Mirage (Movie) - Transformers Wiki