Customs: Evasion Mode Optimus advice

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by timelord10, May 26, 2014.

1. timelord10

timelord10 Reverse the polarity!

News Credits:
    I've got Evasion Optimus on the way, and I want to add some silver/grey detailing on the faux smoke stacks, shoulder things and bicep. Any advice on the best way to do this for an absolute customising newbie? I've never used paint before.

Also, I've heard quite a few reviews say his hands and feet are cast in grey plastic and painted blue. Is this true, and has anyone stripped the paint of these parts with any success?

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Breadchildren. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Silver Sharpie. Easy to use, relatively cheap, and the results look nice.

The feet are on a pin, so not easy to take apart for the inexperienced. I think the arms can be unscrewed to remove the hands, but I'm not positive.
    These could be more places the silver Sharpie can work for you.

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Start practicing painting details on some old toys, then when you feel confident, move to the Prime. It just takes practice, there is no shortcut to painting.

But if you don't want to mess with paint, I've been surprised what people have done with sharpies, like what Yaujta said. Don't try to "scribble" the paint on it though. Use long even strokes (just like when painting) and let the "paint" dry before you try and put on another coat.