Evac Scanning problems

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ectoneon, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I wanted to let everybody know about a potential problem. I was at Wal Mart tonight, and saw they had Evac out. So I grabbed him. When I went to checkout,it wouldn't scan- the register said unsellable or some other nonsense. Luckily for me I knew the cashier so she put it manually as $10.00 and Transformer. I didn't think there was a strict release date on him, it may just be a one off indecent. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you find him at Walmart.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    this stuff happens from time to time... he may just not have been imported into the system yet... but thats cool you got one...

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    So..are the problems with the mold solved? I loved the looks of Blazemaster, but he just won't hold together at all in robot mode..

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Should be easy enough to just find another nest deluxe like Tuner Mudflap and have the cashier at walmart scan that code instead when it doesn't work.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blazemaster holds together just fine in 'bot mode. Just make sure to lock his spine between his shoulderblades.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, every time there's a new release in a particular size class, it seems my local TRU doesn't import those into the system before they hit shelves. Last week I grabbed the two newest FABs - the Prime redeco and Night Blades Sideswipe... I knew they wouldn't ring up, so I brought an older FAB up to the register as well. Sure enough, they had to scan that one.

7. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Yeah. It has nothing to do with a release date, but rather someone within the Walmart chain not entering that UPC or whatever number the computer recognizes off of that barcode. Seems to happen every now and then at Walmart. Last time I remember that happening was with Universe Legends-class Beachcomber.

Depending on how informed the cashier is, you may or may not be able to purchase the item. Some have no clue and think it was put out before its release date or shouldn't have been sold, not knowing that the other figure(s) you bought were from the same assortment. Other cashiers recognize the system flaw a little better and just scan double of the toy that rang up or enters it under a generic toy code.

I had the same issue puchasing Evac from Walmart, as it's a problem with the UPC not being in the Walmart system. The woman just rang it up under the generic toy department code.

8. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I have done that, and although it does stabilize him better, it's not a solid fix. My main annoyance are the wings that are pretty much just hanging there, and the rotor blades that fall off if you even dare looking at him :lol 

I love the looks of the figure though.

9. ectoneon

I figured it was a upc problem. It's just the first time its happened to me on a toy at random. I've had it happen with toys before their release date, so I figured I'd check.

If you lock his shoulder blades in the spin correctly and make sure the front nosecone is folded down-he's really solid. Also-I hated where the blades go too, so I put each half behind his shoulders, resting on the pieces that his arms connect to. Gravity holds it in place and he looks a bit more like BLackout that way. Still not solid, but better than trying to put the rotors on his arms.

10. ectoneon

I figured it was a upc problem. It's just the first time its happened to me on a toy at random. I've had it happen with toys before their release date, so I figured I'd check.
    If you lock his shoulder blades in the spine correctly (there's two notches carved out of the part they snap into-I missed this for a long time) and make sure the front nosecone is folded down-he's really solid. Also-I hated where the blades go too, so I put each half behind his shoulders, resting on the pieces that his arms connect to. Gravity holds it in place and he looks a bit more like Blackout that way. Still not solid, but better than trying to put the rotors on his arms.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i may have been disappointed with Blazemaster (the colors are not that great) but the new images of Evac make me wanna grab 2.
    i'll have to get some talented 8 year old to transform one to bot mode, but i like his new colors in bot mode.

been scouring wal-marts for him every chance i get.

as for the problem, it's just a UPC thing. no biggie.
    even a half asleep cashier can tell it's the same price point as other deluxes and mkake the purchase easier for you.