Eva SOC

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by EvaUnit13, Sep 20, 2007.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I've been interested with the Eva 01 SOC's, but I'm not sure which on to get. The SPEC seems like the best, but the fragility of the hip has me worried. Not interested in the 400% version. The GX-14 looks more realistic, but can't take off it's armor and has less accessories(I think). Should I just wait for the Rebuild?

2. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

The older SOC's can be found pretty cheap.

3. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Spec 1 is the most accurate so far, and comes with the biggest number of accessories.

I wouldn't worry that much about the hip. Sure, about 5-6 people had theirs break, but not mine. I had mine out on display from February to early September and frequently changed poses, no problem with the hip.

Here's a review of the regular Soul of Chogokin Eva

Here's the review of Soul of Chogokin Spec Eva

Mind you, I don't own the regular release and can't comment about it's articulation, but Soc Spec has around 38-40 points of articulation.

I believe the Rebuild Ver. Spec will come with much less accessories. Seen the pricepoint? That's around 1000 yen less than the "Regular" Spec Eva.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Anywhere to get them less than eBay?

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The regular SoC is a very good buy, and like others have said it's lowered significantly in cost. The SPEC one is awesome as well, however I have to admit I personally like the regular one a bit better due to I think it has more of a "Binaltech" feel to it with the paint and diecast, and both are equally as articulated. However the SPEC one comes with a massive amount of accessories and removable parts such as armor if your big into customizing your stuff.

Either way I highly recommend any of the SoC Eva's without question.

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

How much diecast is in the GX and SPEC? Might wait until I see the Rebuild and its accessories. Agh, whether to get this now or for Christmas...

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    The GX is pretty much all diecast whereas the SPEC only has diecast on the armor pieces.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a pretty well made figure...but there's some complaints of "split shins" in the very first batch. By "split shins", I mean that the shins aren't fully closed. I don't know if this was fixed in subsequent releases.

9. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

I have the SPEC. It's awesome. I didn't know there was a problem in the hip. It seems perfectly fine to me. Quite sturdy, actually. Tons of accessories, too. And, I like the non-metallic paint scheme.

One minor complaint is that the armor takes a while to get on to the figure. It could just be me, though. I'm terrible at that kind of stuff.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I have all 3 as of yesterday (thanks, Soundwave.ca :)  ), and they are all very good figures in their own right. If I had to choose one, I'd probably get the original SOC, just because it would would have Evas 00 (yellow), 00 (blue), 02, 03, and 04 to go with it, which all look amazing, especially 04 which is entirely mirror-chrome and looks incredible in person. I have them all except for the two 00s.