European Alternators?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Jul 10, 2006.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Ya know, being out of the hospital and back home, where I can be with my Alternators I've noticed something. We have plenty of Japanese and American vehicles, but what about European cars? I'm not necessarily talking about exotics but vehicles that would be recognizeable overseas as some of the vehicles are here. I'd love to see cars from:

Citroen
    Peugot
    Aston Martin
    Jaguar (which is likely)
    Lamborghini
    BMW
    Mercedes Benz
    Opel
    Porsche
    Volvo
    Rolls Royce
    Bentley
    Fiat
    Ferrari
    Maserati
    Volkswagen

Now, I chose just the manufacturers because it would be difficult to pick specific cars from each manufacturer. With some of the manufacturers mentioned it is not hard to guess which vehicles I'd like. But, are the specific cars you'd like to see? For me, I'd love to see some of the luxury cars from Jaguar, Bentley, Mercedes Benz and others.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Well, according to Wal-Mart listings and various other rumors, we are getting a Jag. If the line continues past 2006, I do hope we'll see some more European cars. Of course, with both Porsche and VW having refused to participate in the line, it looks like that might be harder than getting US and Japanese licenses.

3. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Meister/Jazz is rumored to be a Lamborghini Murcielago, and if I recall right Lamborghini is owned by VW. I'd like to see the already licensed Alternators used in the movie, but as we all know that apparently wont happen. I do hope we see 1:24 scale figures of the movie characters.

4. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I'd like to see European cars too. BMW for sure and I'm simply not that familiar with most European cars. I'd also like to see some Volvo cars but that aint happening.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Volkswagen won't happen. Darn Germans don't want their cars made into "war machines." Razza-frackin Adolph Hitler...

I've mentioned in various dream Alt threads here that one of the ones I'd most like to see is an Aston Martin Alt of Punch/Counterpunch as an homage to both 007 and TF G1. That would be so friggin sweet.

6. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    That, would be kick-ass. An Aston-Martin DB-9 as an Alternator would definitely be cool. Since Ford owns Aston-Martin we might eventually get one.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    get them to get their heads outta their asses thinking that their cars as transformers will make people think they're war mongerers just because TFs have guns, and maybe we'll get some :rolleyes2 :

8. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    True. The only "war mongerers" of the Transformers are the Decepticons. Bumblebee was always around Spike, yet hardly drew his gun. I'd LOVE to see him as ANY vehicle, VW New Beetle or not. I'd even take a Ford Focus SVT even though it isn't the best vehicle for him. I'm working on a Lugnutz custom for BB, since it works (as I think) and is close (if not) 1:24 scale.

9. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

I'd love seeing a Renault Alternator, only because I think Renaults are the cool. Especially the Clio V6 Renault Sport, which I consider to be le sexy.

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    well there's a crapload of european cars I'd love to see as alts... too many to list for sure.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The irony is that Europe probably wouldn't even get them.

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    hey, would it be Alternators otherwise? :p 

13. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Who cares if they get them? Pick the right vehicles and American fans would pick them up. I love cars in general and having a 1:24 Transformer is just awesome to me. Most of the Alternators can seemlessly be displayed next to plain 1:24 scale cars and most people wouldn't be the wiser.

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm talking about getting the actual TOYS, not the concept.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Peugeot, Citroen basically the same company. Not impossible i guess, but how many people would be bothered with one.

Aston Martin isn't impossible - it's owned by Ford, so are Volvo.

Lamborghini, Benlty, VW are all part of the VW group, so it's not going to happen. IIRC VW basically said to Hasbro 'NO quit asking'

Porsche is a defiante no too.

BMW isn't going to happen, and they own Rolls Royce.

Ferrari is near impossible, and they run Maserati.
    I can't remember how Fiat fit into the equation, but i think they have a contoling interest in Ferrari.
    How popular a Fiat TF would be i can't say....
    ....and personally, i dislike the idea of an TF turning into a Fiat.

Opel, not impossible, the brand is owned by GM however since GM market other cars instead other than Opel in North America, it's pretty unlikely.

Plus Hasbro UK would have to get the boxes changed to that it displays the Vauxhall logo, as the Opel brand doesen't technically exist in The UK

16. TwoKingMick

TwoKingMick Mick

I do for one, you big jerk.

17. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

I think generally you can forget about any German-owned car company because of the whole "WW2 - War machines" thing, which is a shame, but just they way it is. Im not sure, but Fiat might be in that boat too.
    Most of the British car companies are owned by GM or BMW, and its been stated before in this thread where they stand. As godsendeath said, Peugeot and Citroen (i.e. the French interests) might do it, but they seem to have their own line of Transforming cars for their advertising.
    I think that leaves the possibilities pared down to...
    Alternators Massey Ferguson?!?

18. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Oh, sorry. I forgot about our Asian & Japanese fans for a moment. Sorry. I also don't mean to offend any of our resident Brits. Also, not to blame the drugs, I did have pain medication (Dilaudid) on board when I posted that comment. I hate having to take that crap, but it can help with the (at times) severe chronic pain that I have.

So, moving on, I do think we will get a Jaguar XK or some Jaguar vehicle and some of the other "European" companies are not impossible or improbable. As I mentioned, in the live action movie Jazz is rumoredly going to be a Lamborghini Murcielago so I don't think Lamborghini is entirely out. I just would like to see more in the line then American and Japanese automotive manufacturers. I will say that there are plenty American and Japanese cars that I'd LOVE to see such as the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Dodge Caliber, Chevy HHR, Honda Ridgeline, and other unique looking vehicles.

19. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Perhaps I'm out of touch... i do remember Don Murphy saying something along the lines of VW are interested .. but where did that rumor come from?? I'm kinda suprised at the apparent lack of Toyotas in the line - it's a well known brand
    in North America and Japan ..... plus the Lexus brand now exists in Japan too.

I can see it now; Alternators 'Track-tor'

20. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    Who knows, but now since Hasbro has a "live-action" movie coming out that to some screams "money-maker" don't you think VW would be interested? It is likely much too late for them to have anything other then sponsorship (I.E. VW billboard on a street), but maybe they'll wake up and allow Hasbro to use licenses on a restrictive basis.

Heck, look at poor Overdrive/Windcharger. Hasbro listened to Honda and neutered the poor guy's gun. He had something to brag about to the femme-bots, then SNAP! The circumcision cut off more then just the tip... so to speak.

I don't have the TF Guide that shows pictures of the VW Bumblebee prototype, but if he can be released in the Classics line as some obscure non-licensed car, can't we get him as something close to his G1 self? Man, even though I'm not a big VW fan, I'd like to see Bumblebee as a New Beetle and maybe Ironhide maybe as the VW Touareg TDI.

Please, Hasbro (like they actually read these boards), give us some non-American and non-Japanese cars in the continuing Alternators line! Sure, the Honda Civic is a popular car in the UK, but give us something we would see in the streets of the UK!

As for Toyota, I'm a big Toyota fan. My family is close to being all Toyota vehicles. I'd LOVE to see more Toyota and Honda vehicles used for that matter and quirky vehicles like the Toyota FJ Cruiser, Toyota Tacoma X-Runner (or Prerunner), Honda Ridgeline, Honda Fit (Jazz in UK), and others would be awesome in 1:24 scale. I'm not saying to stop with the American or Japanese companies but mix up the line a bit with some more "international" companies.