Eureka 7

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Aug 29, 2006.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Watched an episode of this show, and it looks like it might be pretty cool. Any opinion? Is the English dub ok, or should I stick with the Japanese?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The dub is pretty bad. Very stiff. I haven't seen enough of it to give an opinion on the series, but man do I love the mecha designs!

3. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

I watched the bulk of it during a lull in fansub releases of shows I cared about.

Angst weighed in by the truckload in the latter half of the series, and it got so pervasive that I started wanting to do a shot every time I correctly anticipated when Renton would break down bawling. "Aaaaand... now."

The story, while solid, relied on clich├ęd melodrama. It was a mediocre core surrounded by some impressive animation. I can't say I'd recommend it.

4. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I saw some episodes on Adult Swim. To me it felt like generic anime wraped in nice animation.

5. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I've been watching it on Adult Swim, and I'd say it's worth watching considering that it's free to do so (as long as you have CN that is). It started off pretty slow, but actually seems to be picking up a little bit now. The dub really isn't that bad, nothing exceptional or terrible as far as dubs go, certainly not enough to make the show unwatchable on tv. There are around 8 more weeks of episodes to watch and then a hiatus though, so I'm not sure if you'd want to get into it at this point.

6. GogDog

News Credits:
    There are other ways to watch it for free.

7. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Of course there are, but I'm only going to condone the legal ways :sly:  .

8. Jesus

Jesus Destroyer of Scudsy

Streck took the words right outta my mouth.

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Isn't that the show with the Amputated Hand scene?

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I agree that it's an enjoyable show but nothing you really haven't seen before. I'm liking the dub, but I don't watch subs, so I can't really comment on differences and the like.

11. GogDog

News Credits:
    I don't really watch anime, so it is kinda fresh for me. The only anime I have really watched is the Robotech Macross saga, most of Dragonball Z, and Ghost in the Shell (the first movie). I love staying up late at night with a freind and just watching random anime that I have never seen before and trying to figure out what's going on. I love the art style, but I just hate cheesy shit, so it's been hard for me to get into a lot of anime. I don't really know where to start. I'm looking for something smart, witty, cool, but not cheesy and not for kids. I guess Eureka 7 may contradict that in some ways, but I am enjoying it none the less. i'm up to about episode 5 on the subbed Jap version.

12. flamepanther

You need to check out Macross Plus. It's one of the most un-cheesy transforming robot anime out there.

13. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

It's also the only Anime I enjoyed more in the original Japanese.

Watch the movie version if you can. It flows much better that way, IMHO.

14. GogDog

News Credits:
    Are they just two different versions of the same thing, or seperate?

15. flamepanther

That's ironic, because it's one of the few that I can stand to watch dubbed in English.
    Two versions of the same. There are advantages and disadvantages to each, and each has a couple of scenes that the other lacks. The series (or OVA, or OAV) is divided into four episodes, which the script wasn't really meant for, but there's an extra fight scene and the DVD transfer is cleaner. The movie sort of has a sex scene that wasn't in the OAV, and it has a much more graphic, more dramatic, better-animated death scene for one of the characters. If you watch either version and like it, I highly recommend watching the other as well, so that you get everything.

Do bear in mind that the scenario will not mesh with Robotech: The Macross Saga due to changes Carl Macek made to the Robotech version of Macross. :throw 

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Watched a couple of episodes of Eureka 7, could never really get into it. It just didn't do "it" for me.

17. Cypherdrive S7

Cypherdrive S7 J00 got pwnt!

I watched it and found the story boring, but the robots were facinating. I'll watch a show that sucks just for the cool robots. I even got myself the figure of the Nirvash Type-0 and I plan on getting some of the others.
    I LOVE Giant robots!