Eureka 7 Full Series finally coming to DVD!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Soundwave84, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
  2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Definitely an awesome show. I own the first half on DVD already. I'm looking forward to the movie they announced, which is suppose to be a sequel. :D 

3. Blaster

Blaster Australian Ghetto Blaster

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's awesome. We just had our complete set (region 4) released last month. It was a shame I'd already bought all the individual volumes-haha

Oh, and just to let you know Venksta - I don't think the movie is a sequel.

This was taken from an anime board:

Finally, we have definitive information on the movie once and for all: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009...058/index.html

For the benefit of those that do not understand Japanese, I'll summarize the article instead of translating all of it, since it would take too long (sorry):

Story stuff:

- The movie is set in 2054 AD, and Holland is the captain of the Gekko-go, a ship leading the 303th Independant Combat Division fighting the war against the Image lifeforms

- Renton is the Nirvash pilot on board the Gekko-go, fighting in the military because he wants to find Eureka and get her back

- The love story between Renton and Eureka is a test of the bonds of love. They will have to face duty and emotions, truth and lies, the past and the future, life and death, reality and dreams, and Holland himself.

- The story will lead to the climax of the war against the Image, and show the entire world the birth of a new mythology.

Movie details:

- The theme of the movie is "rebirth" and the movie is considered a rebirth of the Eureka 7 themes, characters and designs.

- The footage in the movie will be a mix of "lots of brand new footage" as well as "footage adapted from the TV series footage", creating a brand new feature.

- The movie is NOT a re-edit movie, and there will be over 40% of brand new footage that is not based on any TV footage.

- The movie is 115 minutes long.

Staff details:

- Kyoda is not just the overall director of the project, but also the script editor. This means Dai Sato is not involved with this movie like he was in the TV series.

- Muraki is the special effects director specifically in charge of mecha battle scenes in the movie. One of his accomplishments in the movie is said to be a single continous aerial combat scene that lasts for 12.5 seconds. :eek: 

- The rest of the info is pretty much a repeat of what we already know previously.

And some promo pics too

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9374/rainbow2xd5.jpg
    http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7551/pocketcn7.jpg

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info Blaster. Well, I'm still glad its not just a straight retelling of the TV series. :D 

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sweet. :D 

6. Blaster

Blaster Australian Ghetto Blaster

Ebay:
    Instagram:

Eureka Seven Movie Trailer

Still a bit "meh", but I'm still looking forward to it :thumbs2: 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I am really excited for the movie i just started rewatching the series again i downloaded the entire series one of my favorites