eugenesis

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Banzaitron, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Banzaitron

Banzaitron New Member

I recently heard about the book Eugenesis by James roberts, which, I am told is a 500 page tour de force of transformers lore. Unfortunately, the book is very rare, but I wish to procure a copy. So I've put up this request around the transformer fan sites, does anyone know how to get a copy of this book or get in touch with James Roberts?

Your fellow fan,
    Banzaitron.

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

first i've heard of it.i'll assume you googled it and whatnot already.last i heard,there were 6 tf paperbacks-not comics-from 2 publishers to date...where did you hear about this one?

3. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

4. Banzaitron

Banzaitron New Member

I have looked it up on google and asked around on various sites I even sent an email to the author, so far no good. The quest goes on!

5. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

are you talking about Transformers Genesis?

6. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I did see this posted in that february interview...

12. How can any Transformers fans who have yet to read Eugenesis get hold of a copy?

Well, since you ask, Eugenesis will soon be available as a PDF document that can be downloaded and printed out free of charge. The novel has been extensively re-edited (a few bits added, some taken away) and the second edition even comes with a Beginner’s Guide to the Marvel TF/TMUK Universe in which the story takes place. The Eugen micro-site will be up and running in a couple of months, and TransFans.net will be the first to know about it.

7. Silverwynde

Silverwynde PsychoCompletist-by-proxy

Transformers: Eugenesis was a fan-written and fan-published endeavor that was set in a fan-created continuity taking place somewhere past the end of Marvel UK G1. This book is a brick, and it's a pretty damned good one. I've read real stinkers of fanfiction before, and hey hey, this isn't one. Some might feel disinclined to try to read it BECAUSE they know crap-all about Marvel UK's run....I count myself in that number.....but read it anyway.
    A copy was a pretty penny (or pence, technically), and we bought two during the first run (Def reads and rereads-to-the-infinite-power, so he always gets two copies of books he's sure he's going to want to have around for years). The last I heard, James was going to do a second run once he had enough orders, but that was a good while ago, I think, so it might've happened already. I think Def's mentioned seeing copies on eBay rare and again, so take your chances there if need be.
    Hmmmm. I guess this .pdf is the second edition, then. That's sort of disappointing, though less so than if I'd not gotten a copy of the first at all. :D  A .pdf is all well and good, but man, can you imagine sitting in front of whatever you have for a screen and reading the sick number of pages you'd be in for? There's something about holding a book, we both know....

8. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting! I'd like to read this.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought a copy off him at one of the UK conventions around 2000 / 2001 for 10 quid. I knew absolutely nothing about the UK comic universe but it was still an excellent read. It's still sitting on my shelf, I should read it again sometime.

Out of interest, does anyone know how much a copy generally goes for these days?

10. deepex

deepex Member

Sounds interesting. Will have to keep an eye out for a copy of this. Printing the PDF version would take up a lot of paper! :)