EU exclusive minicon 8-pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Pavol Palat, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    This is just a quick and very brief review of the "EU exclusive minicon set". It must have appeared on shelves in Slovakia (in Tesco stores) sometime at the end of October/beginning of November; I spotted it on November 8.
    The set is priced at EUR 23.99 (Ouch! 4 EUR for a minicon?), which seems to me a bit too much for what you get.
    [​IMG]

Summarized in one sentence: you get 4 very nice minicons, 1 cute weirdo, 2 nice minicons and 1 I did not like from the start.
    My camera was running low on power and I only had time to take quick shots.

Let me start with Heavy Liftor. The vehicle mode is fine. It's the robot mode's boobs (they are more striking in person) and absence of any hint of hands or movie-style claws/guns that make me consider him the worst of the set.
    In addition, as if the poor fella could sense my hard feelings towards him, he split apart. Literarily. After the first transformation I noticed one of the torso halves just won't stay on the peg and will dislodge with the slightest play. Well, well, I though, I can still live with that. Then I tried to transform the robot into vehicle mode and -tamtadada- his waist joint broke off! Let's hope this is not a general defect present in the whole run of this figure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IMO, the '2 nice minicons' are Barrel Roll and Iron Claw. BR is a standard jet minicon with interesting transformation. IC could very easily move a grade higher if it were not for his silly feet. Am I doing something wrong? He stands only if both his arms are stretched pretty far out (moonwalking minicon anyone?). He seems to have functional thigh joints and I thought I could hunch him a bit forwards, but they are super tight and I can still remember the Heavy Liftor incident... so there is no way I am even going to try. Speaking of tightness, his shoulder joints are quite tight too and I swear I can hear them crack nanometer by nanometer every time I move the arms around...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next is the cute weirdo - Ironside. Poor bugger can hardly stand on his legs. He is more unstable than ROTF deluxe Sideswipe or Animated Blackarachnia. Can't strike any pose, can barely move his arms around... but for some reason I like him a lot. His colors remind of Energon Cyclonus (copter).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Airlift and Diveplane. Very nice minicons with lots of molded detail, especially on Diveplane. AL is a good sidekick plane for PCC Skyhammer (may do a short review tomorrow). Too bad the picture is blurry (sorry).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Among all these minicons, I like Reachout and Buckshot best. Great vehicle modes smelling of G1 micromasters, very nice robot modes with lots of small detail and clever paint apps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I tend to use The mould that Diveplane shares as a Gun for bigger robots if placed upsidedown in Sub mode - the post on the top is ideal for it. I also use use the arms "Upside down" in the robot mode as I just feel it looks better.

That Black Decepticon car Iron Claw really reminds me of The Decepticon Strormtooper Rage.

I find that if you invert the horizontal stabilisers in the robot mode of that Jet type so they face forward that mould ; Barrel Roll will stand up better.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    All of them are in cool colors. Can't wait to get mine.

4. Laulau

Laulau Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Actually, I got it at 18 euros in France (in a "Leclerc" shop). A slightly better deal.

Ah ! So I'm not the only one to do that ! This mistransformation made him move from "very bad" to "awesome" in my hit parade. I also use him as a weapon but in "crossbow" mode with the leg deployed.

I personnaly use him as an armor plate for "Minisor" (the black PCC huffer with the "rallye" cars limb) as the original Menasor had a black car on the chest too.

5. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    The dumptruck reminds me of Wideload.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I swear I keep seeing this thread on the main page, and the underline on the thread name makes me read it "FU exclusive minicon 8-pack" instead of EU.

Mind, that reading isn't necessarily incorrect, given the WTH distribution on it.

7. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I have a small handful of MInicons and legends I got at a Carboot sale at the end of the season that I keep near by to fiddle with while watching TV and that includes the orange version of that Muscle car mould and I too was trying him out as a chest plate for Powercore combiners recently too - I was also trying to see if you could make "Power Scissors" out of him too for characters that have an arm mounted Mini-con post - this new version being black may be even better suited to that idea.

If anyone has a photo or can jot down the barcode number from the 8 pack perhaps I can see if there's a way to trace the stock availability in the UK someplace. ?????

8. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *sigh* Anyone willing to help me get a set? PM me if you are a kind soul :( 

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    O RLY?

10. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

He probably meant Wideload.

Thanks for the review, all of these look great, I really like the realistic colouring on these minicons. I think I might pick up a set if I find them.

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    can someone take pictures of the front and back of the packaging?

thanks

12. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Yeah and the barcode # please.

13. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:

14. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

If anyone in the sales area of this thing is willing to buy up a bunch and get them over to us in the States, count me in on that as well, please.

15. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Thanks.

16. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Got my hands on this set yesterday.

The decos on the figures are really nice, however most of the MiniCons show signs of mould degradation, so it's no wonder that the reviewers Heavy Liftor broke.

I transformed a couple of them, but most of them will remain in alt mode as that's how I prefer my MiniCons.

17. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

BigPhill did you buy the set in a shop or online?

18. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I got it from EBay France. If you want the Item # I can provide it.

19. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

sure, thank you.