Ethical Question : The Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gnaw, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Hey guys, I was just thinking about the movie and how many hours/ how many days ill be waiting in line just to be first. Well, it hit me, would I download it if it is leaked? I thought no as I would want to support the film. But my eagerness might get the best of me. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    if i see it for download, im not saying I wouldn't download it, but I would still see it in theaters no matter what.

BTW: downloading movies is bad, be legit and legal :p  ;) 

3. r0guearmy

r0guearmy Wizrd. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    it's not like there'd be a worthy copy for about a month anyway

4. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wouldn't download it as downloaded CAM releases suck the big one. I guess I'm spoilt on DVD releases. :) 

Plus I havn't been to the cinema this year and I don't plan to either, (not because I download movies, it's just they suck so much I don't want to see them. Hear that MPAA? Downloads arn't the problem, your shitty movies are), so my very rare journey to the cinemas will be for this movie next year.

5. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

I would see it first simply because I don't want to rob myself of the theatrical experience to watch it on my puny monitor with crappy speakers.

6. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

lol, curiosity kill's the cat so, I wont download, just to ensure my good 20-30 dollar's spent on the movie make's it for the budget of the next TF movie.

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Movies with giant robots should be seen on a giant screen.
    But do what you want. If you're going to see the movie anyway then you might as well dl it. YOu're only hurting your own experience.

8. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    My primary reason as well. Even the screeners (that are DVD quality) have safeguards in case they're pirated, ie, tickers at the bottom of the screen, certain scenes being cast in black and white, etc.

The really good cam videos (the ones captured via Digital Camcorder) suffer from sound issues...it's apparent that it was filmed inside a theatre, and not a DVD rip. Great image, but handicapped sound.

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It would be tempting.

But not when its riding on the casual fan's dollars. The producers KNOW most if not all of us will be there even if it wasn't made just for the die-hards.

10. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

i wouldnt mainly because i feel i want to support the movie by going to see it in the cinema. especially in the Uk as it is up against the simpsons movie and maybe Die hard 4 at around the same time!
    i want them to make a sequel!!!

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm just gonna buy the pirated DVD. maybe even a couple and give to some friends.

because hasbro already have too much of my money. so i'm stealing some back.

take that, evil corpotate entity!

12. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I'd bet anyone who did see it early... would also pay to see the film at a theature. Then eventually buy the DVD... DVD special edition... directors cut.... super extended edition.... blue ray... blue ray special edition.... blue ray directors cut..... etc.

I think we will all get our chance to support this film.

13. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I used to laugh when the news would show stories about all the nerds waiting in line for DAYS to get tickets to the first showing of the new SW movies.

Come Next summer, guess where I'll be. Sad, yes.

14. Autobot_Jedi

Autobot_Jedi Member

I would go see the movie at the theaters first, and then download a pirate copy. The first time should be a special, like sex.

15. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Ill say this .... I will most likely download the movie, as I normally do. And I will also go see it in the movies with friends as I ALWAYS do. The experience when seeing a movie by yourself and seeing it in the cinema with a bunch of your closest friends is a completely different experience.

When I download the movie it going to be to determine if it is total crap. I normally organize a movie day by telling the 6 friends I go with that we should go see the certain movie. I absolutely HATE it when I suggest to my friends we should see a movie ... only to find out that they all think their money was wasted.

So I guess the only people we are "stealing money from" by not buying tickets are the people who put out crap movies, and those movies I will not support.

That being said .... I normally downloa movies for that reason, but not the Transformers because I plan to see it on the earliest day I can at the Cinema .... because it is Transformers. There mostly will not be a quality leaked copy before the first showing.

16. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

to me this is just like asking if you would steal an MP-01 from a toy store.

support it. pay for it.
    ENJOY IT!!!!!!!

i hate watching movies on anything short of a theater screen or my 50 inch grand wega with 5.1 dolby digital.

DVD FTW.

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Absolutely not...Never. Don't steal!

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'll be at the cinema watching it. In fact, this gives me an idea...

19. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I will more then likely do both. I hate paying to go see the same movie twice. so I'll probably see it opening weekend then I will download it later so that I can watch it again.

20. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a poor man with little free time. So if I didn't download a movie to watch it, I would never ever see the movie period.
    However, this is the mother fuggin' Transformers, yo. I will be there opening day, fighting it out for seat around a million stinky and fat fan boys, putting up with their putrid odor just so I can see Transformers on the movie theater screen and so I can support the title whih I've been addicted to like crack since I was 4 years old.
    I never got to see the original movie in the theater, and I wish I could've, so this will make up for it a little. However, if any theaters decide to do a double feature, I might die with happiness.