Eternal War Revised

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by herugrim, Jul 23, 2008.

1. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    The Eternal War, re-imagined

Introduction:
    I’m taking a reprieve from my photo comic to restart my fanfic from scratch. This story gets revived every time I get new figures to base it on, and the long-term goal is to make it into a full-fledged photo comic, but that’s far off in the distance. For now, enjoy the second (or more like sixth) revision of my story. This seems like the best place to get feedback for something like this (without having to heavily censor the content). Here’s the cast complete with Bios. The story will be told in a screenplay format, mainly because I’m too lazy to use the traditional style (and I like cinematics, anways).

Cybertron/Primus: Played by Cybertron Primus, naturally. The ‘Father’ of the transformers that inhabit his physical body. This story will explain how he came to be in his current state, and how his ‘children’ are related to him.

Vector Prime: played by his one and only incarnation from the Cybertron toy line. He’ll function as the narrator for the story.

Prima: played by Protoform Optimus Prime from the Movie line. He was the first transformer, and played the role of leader. His is the Matrix of Leadership. He’s also the lead ‘Supervisor’ of Cybertron at the start of the story.

Maximo: played by Protoform Starscream from the Movie line. The second of the original thirteen transformers, his is the Matrix of Wisdom. Maximo is in charge of military defenses of Cybertron.

Nemesis: played by The Fallen from the Titanium line. The third transformer from the original thirteen. The Matrix of Power is his, and his area of expertise on Cybertron is engineering.

The Quintessons: I do not, as of yet, have a stand-in figure for this bunch. Perhaps I’ll get Energon’s Alpha Q down the road to represent them, perhaps not. They are the current rulers of Cybertron at the beginning of Vector’s narration.

Now, onto the story. I hope you like it.

2. herugrim

Ebay:
    Episode 1: Prologue

The scene opens in a brightly lit room. Made entirely of metal, and covered in computer panels, the room’s only background noise is the steady beeps and whistles of computers. The lone figure of Vector Prime punches commands into the main console as he begins to record his log.

“This is Vector Prime, the last of the original thirteen. Our father, Primus, entrusted to me the powerful Matrix of Time, which grants me the ability to travel to any point in time, in any dimension. As such, I act as his herald. Generally, I remain here, in my pocket dimension, separate from all the timelines. From this outpost I observe the destiny of all Primus’ children, and record them to preserve their rich history.

Now, I record the story of the timeline from which I was created, or rather that this specific version of me was created. This is the record of timeline Omega-42484, Taurus. I’ll start with the record of my older brothers, the first three of the thirteen, who truly began the divergence in history. The following events were related to me by our father, since I was not yet created.

The story begins with the Quintessons. A highly advanced race of cybernetic organisms, the Quintessons spread throughout the galaxy, colonizing planets so that each of them might gain their own territory to rule. They all sought power, and only ever traveled in crews of a single ship. They found a large planetoid, void of life. A barren, rocky celestial body with no atmosphere. They quickly colonized the planet, and terraformed it into a planet of metal and electronics. Drones were built and programmed to perform menial tasks and maintenance. The Quintessons managed to harness a powerful source of energy, which we would come to know as the Well of All-Sparks. Using this source of energy, they created twelve Matrices. They then created robotic bodies to house these power generators. Much to their surprise, when they activated the machines, their new creations were actually found to have sentience.

The Quintessons thought that it was a by-product of the adaptive artificial intelligence that they programmed the robots with, but it was actually inherited from their generators, or matrices. They also designed each robot with the ability to transform into an alternate mode. This other form was useful for manual labor as well as mass transit, while their humanoid forms were useful for their technical ability as well as being able to adapt. Their advanced processors made them ideal ‘supervisors’ to oversee the Drones, and even defend the planet from would-be invaders.

But their creations were much more then they originally expected. The first of the robots to be created, Prima, was the one who discovered what he really was. Along with his younger siblings, they began what would turn out to be, an eternal war…”

3. herugrim

Ebay:
    Episode 2 - Revolution

The meeting took place in an old storage vault, deep underground. Prima chose it because there was no surveillance, keeping them safe from the eyes of the Quintessons. Maximo and Nemesis arrived. Their forms only visible as silhouettes against the dim light and their features barely outlined by the glow of their eyes, they began the discussion.

Nemesis: “Alright brother, what’s this about? What’s so important that we had to be pulled from our duties and risk reprimand?”

Maximo: “We must proceed quickly. It won’t take long for our absence to be discovered.”

Prima: “Don’t worry, brothers. I’ll make this quick. My internal receiver picked up a very faint message, heavily encrypted. It took me time to process it, but once I broke the code I found the message to be a distress signal. Once decrypted I traced the faint signal to it’s source, which surprisingly came from the Vector Sigma computer.”

Maximo: “How was it you were able to detect this signal and the Masters didn’t?”

Prima: “Somehow the encryption hid the signal from them. It was specifically designed to respond to my Matrix. I used the same protocols on the computer that I used to decode the message and found something astonishing, a map to a hidden location on Cybertron. It was an old server networked to several massive hard drives that contained data that prerecords our own creation. It showed me many things.”

Nemesis: “Get to the point, Prima!”

Prima: “Patience, Nemesis. I’m almost there. Remember those massive engine turbines you discovered beneath the energon storage pits?”

Nemesis: “Yeah, the ones I got locked up and tortured for finding. I thought the Masters were going to take me offline for it, but I guess that was too merciful and end for them.”

Prima: “Indeed, well I discovered those engines were once operational, and that Cybertron was originally designed as a war ship that the Masters planned to take over the galaxy with. They intended to make an entire fleet of them.”

Maximo: “Given the large proportions of the engines, that seems possible. They would certainly be capable of breaking light speed.”

Prima: “There’s more. It turns out that the central power core that runs Cybertron wasn’t actually designed by the Masters. The energy was here when they found this planet. They built the core around it to harness the energy and it was that energy source that they planned to use to power the ship when it was completed.”

Nemesis: “So, what happened? Why haven’t they conquered any other worlds.”

Prima: “They needed to create a new A.I. to manage all the subsystems. It was work beyond the capacity of the drones. So they built Vector Sigma, and programmed it with the new A.I. The problem started after the ship was completed and they booted up Vector Sigma. All of a sudden, the program gained it’s own sentience. When it learned of the Masters’ plan to conquer the galaxy, it not only refused to respond, but took over the drones and began to reconstruct itself. Before the A.I. could finish, the Masters shut it down, and reformed the ship back to a stationary planet. It has remained as such ever since, and they’ve had us building nonstop to cover it all up.”

Maximo: “That seems an unlikely account, brother. An A.I. cannot simply turn on the Masters like that, sentience is not obtained so easily.”

Prima: “That’s right, however the Masters were tapping into the unknown with the power core. It was from that which the sentience that took over Vector Sigma came. It actually predates them, and it was from this that we were created. When the Masters created the Matrices which we draw power from, the sentience that the power source contained was passed on to us. It is from that which we gained our own self-awareness, not the adaptive A.I. the masters programmed us with.”

Maximo: “This is most perplexing. What is this…’sentience’. What do we call this being?”

Prima: “According to the files, when it took over the ship it referred to itself as ‘Primus’. We are really his children, and not truly the creations of the Masters. Each Matrix that we and our brothers inherited embody an aspect of his personality. According to the files, these aspects are what our positions were based on, not pre-programmed parameters.”

Nemesis: “That does explain a lot, except what we’re really doing here. Did you just call us to give us a history lesson, or is there a point to this meeting?”

Prima: “Don’t you see, brothers?! This means that we are living beings, not at all like the drones we oversee! We have a family, and even a father. Right now, we are all slaves, and Primus is being held captive by ‘The Masters’. Imagine what we could accomplish without them to limit us? Imagine being free to explore the universe, to create our own children, to plan our own destinies! Is freedom not the right of all sentient beings?”

Maximo: “You have a good point, Prima. Do you have a plan?”

Prima: “I do, but I’ll need the two of you, and the rest of our brothers. Are we in agreement.”

Maximo: “Yes, I concur this to the optimal course of action. I want to see what my true potential is.”

Nemesis: “You mean agree to get rid of those crummy slavedrivers? Of course I agree! Let’s slag ‘em all!”

Prima: “Good, then here’s the plan…”