Et tu, Warpath? (SPOILERS maybe...)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by BB Shockwave, Mar 28, 2009.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really spoilers, as anyone who has seen TRANSWARPED can freeze frame like I did, but anyway....

SPOILERS!!!!

[​IMG]

The scene where Ratchet finds Omega battered and broken on the battlefield in Transwarped part 2. - Yep, that's Warpath lying there.

[​IMG]

Just check, same color, same threads on arms/legs, same little grey pockets on the belt (Wyatt loves those...)

So I guess, he died when the Cons struck down Omega (wonder if we ever learn how that happened and who did that to Omega) - I guess he's dead, otherwise surely a medic like Ratchet would stop to give him first aid instead of walking by...

There goes our hopes of seeing a toy of Warpath (unlikely unless he makes a miraculous return). And Highbrow too, for that matter. A pity, I really liked his design.

2. Goldbot

Goldbot Deceptibot-predimal

Good eye.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well spotted! I'll update the resources page for him and credit you for this one!

That said, I don't think Warpath is dead, if only because he hasn't turned gray. Ratchet is probably just having a heroic BSOD at the devastation his charge has caused.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  4. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warpath! Noooo!

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah he's probably alive.

Not grey and the fact that he IS Warpath, it takes alot more than a MASSIVE ATTACK OF EPIC PROPORTIONS to kill him.

6. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Great catch!

7. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

REALLY good eye, but there's a snag in your "Warpath is Dead" theory:

He didn't turn gray.

Now I know you say "oh but Ratchet as a medic would stop to help the wounded" but think about it. In war ones senses are already numbed by the atrocities that are witnessed... now imagine you watching one of your closest friends take a severe hit and go down hard- you are not gonna stop to help the wounded at your feet, your priority is to help your best friend.

To me, Warpath had enough of a speaking role that he will show up in at least one more episode- and hopefully even have a toy made of him. Oil Slick had a toy BEFORE he was in the show, why not Warpath?! :D 

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Like everybody's pointing out, Warpath can't be dead because he did not turn gray, as what all the bots do when they die. Chances are he will resurface in an upcoming episode.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Warpaths are Autobot battle clones. This dead one is just one of many using that body shell design. Probably. :p 

10. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

Nice, very sharp of you to spot that

11. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Very cool..I think animated warpath is my favorite animated design....very badass.

12. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Great catch dude!!!!

13. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the credits! I stopped to look because a friend of mine said it was Perceptor lying there, but I did not agree... and after watching Five Servos, I was certain it was Warpath so I went back to check.

You might have a point in that, indeed he did not turn grey.

I kind of forget that, as I was remembering the other 'battlefield scenes' from the TFA comics, where the dead bodies never turned grey, but I guess that was the artist's liberty.

So maybe he's in stasis lock only, I mean, what's losing a leg to a bot like him? " T'is but a scratch!" :) 

I love Warpath, he's sort of like the Military Police of the Autobots. I do hope that at some point we get a toy of him.

And Mainframe. Must have Mainframe... (yeah I love Action Masters, stone me...)

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Great find! Before Five Servos Of Doom, I thought that Warpath was supposed to be in Transwarped. The only character I could find was that dead body, and I dismissed it, thinking to myself that probably wasn't it.

Awesome cameo! It's one you can only really spot once you have seen him in action in Five Servos Of Doom...and it adds much depth!

As for him not turning gray upon dying: I think this is being used as a homage, but with much freedom. So far two characters have turned gray, and both were in situations that were deemed 'dramatic'. Besides, if you all make them gray, you can't really spot who it is supposed to be!

In the Arrival comic with Oil Slick, there are alot of dead bodies lying around, and none of them are gray. I know this is 'only' the comic, but still.

Also, it seems Omega Supreme was pretty much dead. I know Ratchet shut him down, so it seems he was put into sleep-mode, but then why did he have to use the Allspark shards and place them in Omega's spark chamber? He didn't have a spark anymore, so practically, wasn't he dead?

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I agree with all. but i guess blurrs wrecked body didnt turn grey because they wanted it known that the cube was the leftovers.

16. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Starscream died countless times and never turned gray. His AllSpark shard would "reboot him" and bring him back to life, but he never once turned gray.

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    One could argue that he was never all dead. Only mostly dead.

18. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's UNDEAD! :lol 

"The night of the living Starscreams."

Anyway, I think Warpath could be brought back much easier (and without explanation) then Blurr, after all he was just shown for a moment in the background.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Megatron must already be partly dead if being grey is how you can tell. :p 

Personally I was never fond of the idea of a TF turning grey after they died. I can only assume their paintjobs are generated by their sparks and once the spark dies it turns off the paint. :) 

Also, Optimus died in the 1986 movie and turned grey, but then later he was repaired by a Quintesson, so that would suggest he was never actually dead at all.

20. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Good Find!
    Maybe Blackout killed him? Apparently he felled many an Omega Sentinel.