Heavy/Scratch: Et tu, Bruticus? Actual work started 11/05

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Oct 4, 2008.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

First off, ignore the bruticus mockup i have up right now. For some reason, it wont let me delete it.

Even though i have alot of ideas going on right now, i still keep coming back to the Combaticons. I just really really like the idea of a Shock Trooper team i guess. Also, i was given renewed vigor when i bought Universe Onslaught and saw that Moesizzlac made the Evac mold work even with the other limbs being deluxe class.

I pretty much owe all of my inpsirado here to Sculptbot, as my Vortex, Swindle, and Brawl are all almost exact copies of his. I just like them too much to not do them.

I'm only including Onslaught and Vortex right now though. There is still alot of work that needs to be done on both of them, especially a new head for Vortex, but i like where its going.

Onslaught Bot WiP
    [ATT] 16822 [/ATT]

Onslaught Alt WiP
    [ATT] 16823 [/ATT]

Vortex Bot WiP
    [ATT] 16824 [/ATT]

Vortex Alt WiP
    [ATT] 16825 [/ATT]

Attached Files:

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

It's nice to see I'm not the only one thinking Onslaught when looking at Dropshot.

Though I had thought of using the Evac mold myself,it would be big enough you wouldn't need much to finish the arm out.

What helo type will you be remolding Facture with?
    I've seen some Cobra helos that would fit the overall scale at Micheal's craft store.
    At the same time Blastoff could be remolded with a Facture and a spaceshuttle kit too.

Anyways goodluck with it,and keep posting updates on your progress.

3. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Well, I found a really cheap 1/100 Black Hawk model, which just so happens to be what Vortex was originally.

Oddly enough, I think that the most ambitious and difficult part of the project wont be making them all combine, but just making Vortex. I wouldnt think it was possible, but after I saw Sculptbots Afterburner made out of the Mirage mold, it seemed like you could do basically anything with it.

If the reshelling doesn't work out, i might turn to Energon Bulkhead, but I'll be pretty disappointed if it comes to that.

I'm glad you see Onslaught in the Scattershot mold too. He's got the kibble-less chest, the long range artillery idea, and an awesome rifle. Not that you couldn't just give his rifle to someone else, but its nice that he came with it.

4. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

True,there's a guy named Wheeljack who has used the Mirage mold for Tracks and a few others.

Just a guess but with the legs forming the front of the helo,the tail section would probably end up as a removeable part?

Though depending on the size of the shell the tail could be split in half with the two pieces folding down behind Vortex's shoulders,so as not to affect the rotor blades.

What kind of paint theme will you be doing with them? G1,Clean,Weathered,or Weapon damage?

5. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Actually, his arms will be come the tail. I'm trying to base him as much as possible off of his original form, since most of the others are pretty drastically different.

I'm planning on going with a weathered G1 paint scheme. Keep their original colors, but make it seem like they've been in the suck a little bit.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've been seeing a lot of people going with Mirage as the skeleton to their customs. Great idea.

7. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

The classics mirage mold is one of the best molds ever, in my opinion. Its too bad it was such a peg warmer while it was out, but the pictures just didnt do it justice.

For awhile I was planning a classics six shot using mirages legs/waist, octankors torso, and arms that are yet to be determined, but he just came out too short. Like as short as Classics Starscream.

8. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

new wip added

and once again, a photo is sideways. Anyone know how to stop that from happening?

9. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

u devil :) 

cant wait to see more. lovin onslaught

10. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

If you're using Photobucket, choose edit on the "flipped" photo. Flip it and save it over the old file. Then upload it to Radicons :) 

11. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    I like what your going to do with Vortex :D 
    and your Onslaught is lookin real sick as well, but dont you think the Classics Onslaught head is a litte too big for that mold?
    Cant wait too see what you have in store for Blast-Off

12. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

As it stands right now, yeah it is a bit too big. I'm going to remove the "neck" area of it, and i think that'll help alot.

13. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Alrite that sound like it will work:) 
    Question? How do you remove the head of him? i have a junker i bought the other day n i need to use his head, i unscrewed it but is there more too it?

14. defstar

defstar Autobot...

This guy is looking good...will be keeping an eye on this one...

15. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

If that don't work, you could always bulk up the chest. Could equal out the proportions.

Couldja shed some light on the subject of the MP Prime used in the gestault mode. Is that just a mockup of the parts you intend to use? (arms/hands, waist)

16. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Oh, no, no. He's just there because i didnt have a unicron or primus handy for the mock up.

17. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

someone is using the blades mold for......blades, using him as an arm for defensor, they might be able to help with the mods needed

18. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

yeah, Moesizzlac. He's the reason i decided to go with blades instead of reshelling a deluxe

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll be using a Blades as well, but with a lot of modification.

20. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

yeah. Something really needs to be done about his feet/nosecone of the chopper. It way too... i dont know, its not aggressive enough. I'm thinking of adding stabilizer wings to the sides of it too.