Essential G1 Marvel, DW and IDW comics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Murasame, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I read very few of the Marvel comics as a kid and I recently read some of the newer comics like War Within and I have some of the Spotlights and some of those comics that end all with "..ion" in the title (which I still need to read).

But I was wondering which are the essential comics that one should really read because you really miss great stories?

And please don't say "all". I guess that must be hundreds of comics and I don't think that I have the time to read all comics that were ever released. But I'm quite certain that there must be some storylines that really rocked hard and that everyone would recommend.

Could you name me some? Thanks in advance :) 

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Getting all of the US and UK G1 is easy and a joy to read I highly recommend it. There is one story however from G1 UK that really stuck in my mind and that is "Space Pirates". Massacred Autobots strung up on Autobot City: Earth. Metroplex pwning an army (and he is HUGE like he should be) while still decorated with dead 'bots. It is an awesome story. but really you are missing out if you don't read the entire G1 run. Missing. Out.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're a Furman fan, you should really read his entire Marvel US run (#56-80), but in particular his Unicron story. The essential parts are reprinted in the "All Fall Down" and "End of the Road" trade paperbacks. Furman is on record as calling this his own personal favorite of all of his Transformer stories.