Escalation - Wave 66 - New Record

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by atomicmuffin, Oct 23, 2010.

1. atomicmuffin

atomicmuffin Escalationer

Escalation - Wave 66

-from another thread on this forum.

Alright, about our wave 66 run last night... It started out with me(themuffinman) and whyme101. In wave 2, danx5000 joined us. About wave 4 or 5, mrmouse45 joined our game as well. danx5000 lasted until about wave 10-12 when he quit and xxlavaxx joined our game where he remained until the final wave. about wave 22-24 or so, mrmouse45 quit, and Shooter joined up with us. Shooter would stay with us for about 10 waves before he had to quit. So at about wave 32-33 shooter quit, and hunter78 joined our game where he lasted until about wave 46-47. Cergo56 took his place and lasted about 5-6 waves, making him quit around wave 51-52. After that, shooter joined back and played with us for the remained 12 rounds or so, up till wave 66. This game really never started out to go beat the record, as like all the other times weve done this before. but it ended up happening. There were a total of 8 players over the course of this match, 3 (lava, whyme, and myself) of which pretty much were the same all the way through, the fourth guy changed alot over the match.

Heres the link to the screenshot of the final score...
    http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5563/twfc2010102204525538.png

NOTE: when you do 66 waves going on 7 hours of total playing time start to finish, your mind tends to turn to mush. literally. I estimated what waves people came in at based on how long it felt like they were there.... Most of them I could remember about when they came into the game and left, but im not exactly sure. I may have got some of the names wrong as well, but they should be pretty close. I think...

This was done on the PC, where games ought to be played. jk.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. Valsion

Valsion Jack-Of-All-Trades

Wowie-wow-wow! Congratulations. You should get an award, or something...

And yeah, that game should be played on PC ;) 

3. whyme101

whyme101 Member

Thanx Valsion, not an award please....I'm very shy.....lol. Let muffin represent or Lava....or shooter.

4. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Mind blowing.
    And I get what was said about the endurance challenge. I love gaming but after even 1 hour I gotta take a break!

5. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

I wasn't there WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It doesn't count because with the ini edit, "down" time is extended which means you were like cheating or something.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Heh. Good job guys.

I've suggested this before on Vent: What we should do is start a game on Saturday, go a whole bunch of levels, then everyone "pauses". How? By killing everything on the level except for a tank, then hiding where the tank can't reach. As long as no one kills it, you can keep the game running overnight, which means everyone can take a break and not have their brains turned into mush.

6. atomicmuffin

You werent on... so how were we supposed to let you know? The most important thing however is the fact the record is back in the hand of us PC players (no offense to anyone else).

Snipe has already stated that he was going to wave 75 Tuesday night, with or without us, but i guess ill be on vent then to see if he actually goes through with it.

7. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

LOL @ keeping the record with PC gamers. haha.. If I had a full day to devote to gaming I am sure myself and MrGreen would be happy to break the record and take it back to the console where it doesn't belong... LOL

8. atomicmuffin

lol... yea its good that console players are trying to get up that high. I probably wont be doing it many more times, sitting in a chair for 6+ hours gets old real fast.

9. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

I think I'm in on this. If we start sufficiently early, we might actually not have to stay up to ridiculous hours of the morning.

10. atomicmuffin

Haha... yes earlier the better. Ill be on about 6-7 (CT) tonight, or earlier according to when I'm allowed too. Go ahead and start as early as possible (don't wait for me), and ill join in when I get there.

11. nehushtan

I agree. We took a break when we did the 59 wave run but the console crashed in the end. I don't know that I am up for 7 hours of gaming only to have the console crash in the end..

Still, I will bring it up to a few guys and see what they think although I probably won't do Broken Hope because it's just boring. We'll shoot for Forsaken or District instead..

12. atomicmuffin

Yes it is boring, but its the only map we got that we can do it on. Its really sad that they won't give us a dlc or something like that.

13. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

We got to Wave 74, which I have to say was pretty darn difficult.

We were fighting against invisible enemies; the only person who could see them was SnipeXD (the host). When he died, we had to rely on him telling us where to aim our shots (plus, for most enemies we had to use rockets or magma frags). We only were able to get through a single wave in this manner; for waves 63-73 (when enemies started disappearing entirely), we were able to protect SnipeXD like a VIP while he killed pretty much everything.

14. atomicmuffin

This deserves its own new thread.

15. nehushtan

no offense taken..

[​IMG]

16. RGZ Archer

RGZ Archer Well-Known Member

Hey nehushtan, feel like taking the record back?

17. nehushtan

...records are boring.

18. RGZ Archer

RGZ Archer Well-Known Member

True, but popping peoples ego is fun lol.

19. atomicmuffin

seriously, we dont have a ego

20. atomicmuffin

Thats awesome dude! That really must have taken forever, probably like 13 hours or so, how did you deal with that? Surprised, though, that your game did not freeze up.
    You are now the kings of escalation, I do not foresee us ever trying to go for that again, but we may. However, we do not have district, so we will not be able to play that map. You know how it goes, I cant justify playing 10+ hours on a map that i have spent so much time playing already.