Escalation mode question

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by transtrekkie, Jul 2, 2010.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I looked through and didn't already see a thread for this so I have a question: In escalation mode, do you have to start off as the Autobots or can you start as the Decepticons? I downloaded Shockwave and was eager to play him, but when I went into escalation mode it only gave me Autobots to use. Is there a way to start as the Decepticons?

2. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first game is random. After that game is over, you will automatically switch to the other faction, assuming the host sticks around. You can also try vetoing to get the faction you want, but that requires some coordination with the other players.

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

It's random 50/50. I'd recommend hosting a public match. If you don't get the faction you want quit and try again. You can also play without hosting and then veto the Autobot map, as there's only two. If enough people veto you'll switch to the Decepticons.

4. transtrekkie

Thanks! I'll try this later.

... Uh, what do you mean? I hosted a game yesterday but had to leave after about 20 minutes. Didn't I just drop out and let them keep playing? I only ask because that seems to imply that by dropping out I ended the game. Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, but I've only played on xbox live a few times so I'm really new to all the quirks.

5. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    ^ yeah if the host quits it ends the game for everyone

6. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Yeah, there's no host migration. You host and go, so ends the game. If you don't get the faction you want, just veto. Right now it's not a problem, since there's only two maps. After the DLC comes out, it may be a different story - you may get the other faction, but the map will be in the air.

7. transtrekkie

Wow, that really bites! Making a mental note not to host any games (my gaming time is at a bit of a premium lately and I'd hate to do what I apparently did yesterday). I guess I just thought that it was like some sort of cyberspace where people just come and go at random. So, if anyone playing that yesterday is reading this (my gamertag is Shockwave1701), my apologies, I honestly thought you would go on without me.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you have to veto the maps? we've been playing that you just have to pick your side, but that's friends only

9. blumpy2000

It happens man. You're not the only one who's ever quit. Lack of host migration s a huge problem with this game.

I wouldn't necessarily not host, but if you're going to quit, try to do it in between matches. That's what I do. That way no one get's bailed on in the middle of a match.

10. blumpy2000

In private matches you can pick sides. In the public ones it's 50/50.

11. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you make a private game with friends you can choose the map,

damn, i was slow by 5 hours