Escalation is.... easy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by JackWheel, Sep 1, 2012.

1. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I've finally gotten my hands on the game :D  ! And WOW is it awesome. But when I joined Escalation, I made it from level 2, and beat it. This NEVER happened in WFC and I feel thats what kept me coming back to it.

I had the difficulty on normal, so maybe Ill change it. But that was just way too easy.

2. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Yea u could set the difficulty on hard also certain maps have easier layouts so that could effect ur game aswell
    Personally I haven't found it that easy even on the easy setting (on the map with Optimus, ratchet, warpath and BB) and that's in a party of four and we work together well. We tried it on "normal" and we lost on level 11/12 ish

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    In a four person game, I've found that Escalation is not difficult to beat provided everyone is working together and supporting one another - no lone wolves running around and getting killed, no hot dogging, etc.

I've won a few times on I think all maps - I'm working on soloing the Decepticon map with Megatron, Shockwave, Soundwave and Starscream as Starscream. Makes life much easier when you have an ammo beacon you can call on.

4. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    This! In certain maps like the one with Warpath,Ratchet,& Bumblebee, & of course Optimus, theres like, no challenge as long as your together. I always do my best to get the Ammo guy :)  Once I get my cybertronian hands on an Energon Harvester I can pretty much solo the rest of the level :D 

5. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I always get in games where the ammo guy or healer run off lone wolf style or they no one ever puts in money for upgraded weapons. Ive won on hard a few times. It gets difficult after wave 10 on hard. Almost 1 shotted and takes 2 or 3 mags to drop a guy sometimes lol

6. G1Vanguard

G1Vanguard TRUKK NOT MUNKY

It's short and sweet.

But let's be honest, I really wish it was endless waves again.

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Have you played alone, or with just one friend? I just did, on Easy mode, and we never made it past Wave 5.

8. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I tried by myself on Normal. Made to level 0.2

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    This. I'm not even touching anything besides the campaign. WFC did it all better on the multiplayer side of things.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    ...damn

11. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    If you work together its easy if not its just gets really hard but some maps are easier because each map has diffrent soliders such as ignition has normal troppers and a few others but ancients has insecticons.

So some maps are easy and some are hard

12. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just played a round with a starscream who used his ability once, then never again. he was BUYING AMMO. escalation can be pretty easy when you have competent team mates, but is a frustrating nightmare when you don't.

i feel that in WfC even with crappy team mates you could still do decent if you were good, but here with out good ammo beacon/healer you're screwed. also flak shield is kind of worthless in this mode.

13. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking for someone people who know how to use their specials to help me get past Downfall. If you can play as a team, add me to a game: PSN id is djinnmage

14. IronRush

IronRush Musician Autobot

I dont like much. WFC Escalation is much better to me. Hardly I will play again. Very easy and short.

15. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'll add you. I'll be on most of today. Downfall is my best map but to succeed, I MUST be Onslaught. One time I played that map and my team sucked in the later rounds, so I completed waves 11, 13 and 14 by myself and wave 15 with just one other person. The key to that map is to get to the bridge in the middle of the map and stay there.

EDIT- I'm also friends with a guy who's in the top 50 on the leaderboards. Hopefully he's on too.

16. nehushtan

nehushtan Escalation Jedi

I was able to pull this off quite easily. The toughest waves are when the Sharpshooters spam you in Wave 9. If you can manage to avoid getting sniped you should easily be able to deal with the rest of those guys.

I haven't been able to duplicate it in Hard mode though as the Sharpshooters give you less time to track them, their armor is buffed, and their accuracy is improved.

17. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I find that Ammo Guy is one of the best to play as. Once you get the Thermo Rocket Cannon and the Riot Cannon, you're set. You just have to dodge and weave to avoid the heavy hitters.

I once managed to take on wave 10 in Ignition (Optimus/Bumblebee/Ratchet/Warpath) this way. Everyone else died. I lived and kicked ass.

18. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I use the Energon Harvester instead. If your ever down and there's an enemy around, you can just shoot him and you'll be revived instantly.

19. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Never had the funds, and the rest of the team was pretty incompetent.

Not as bad as one match on Downfall or whatever the Combaticon's level is; we had one bloke with over 8k cash and he never spent it on weapon upgrades, whereas the rest of us were.

20. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    Absolutely hate people who won't contribute to the team. Like what's the point if playing? Lol