Escalation is dissapointing.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by darkone96, Aug 21, 2012.

1. darkone96

darkone96 Member

Why is there only 4 characters you can pick on one map? And escalation is missing a lot of charactes. Where's ironhide, air-raid, silverbolt, vortex, etc? Seriously, it was very depressing to see only 4 playable characters for each map. Hope they release escalation dlc soon.

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Did you not know this before? If you didn't then you should have been prepared to be disappointed.

3. darkone96

darkone96 Member

No, I didn't know the characters were going to be that limited in escalation. War for cybertron had more. Isn't this game supposed to be better? Yeah, not seeing that when it comes to escalation.

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

How does one prepare for disappointment? Because I run into it frequently and would like to be prepared.

5. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

^This... I was having fun with Escalation at first but...

6. darkone96

darkone96 Member

And it's so stupid how they only give you four characters just because they're four unique classes. Couldn't they put in two of each class just to add more variety? No, of course not. They'll release characters that are already in the game(campaign) as escalation dlc and they'll rip us off. I mean, they just released some fucking character parts for 10 fucking bucks yesterday? I'm sorry, this game is good and all, but it's also a huge scam. But hey, it's Activision, don't be so surprised. It's more egotistical and greedy than the likes of starscream or megatron.

7. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

^I couldn't have said it better myself.

8. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The character roster was one of the best things about WFC Escalation, and I was extremely dissappointed when I first heard it was trimmed down so obscenely. It felt like the developers didn't understand their own game when I heard that they had done this.

I haven't played FoC Escalation yet, but even if its great, that's still going to be a sticking point for me. I'm hoping they wise up and at least give us a character select within each class so while it may be the same class variety, its not the same exact four *characters* on each map. There's no reason the seekers couldn't be interchangeable, for example. Granted, I shouldn't even need to suggest this. It should have been in the game from square one once they realized they were putting class and power restrictions in Escalation.

9. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    It just makes me angry because the shortened roster makes it seem like they are forcing us to use these roles. I would rather be whoever I want and if me and my team sucked, so be it. It's better than being forced to be a character just because they think it's what is "best".

10. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Call me crazy but I like it this way, you don't have repeat classes. You HAVE to have a healer, it's more strategic. Sure if your team is a bunch of randoms with no mics it might suck but from a co-op lover's point of view, it's a welcome change.

I'm sure DLC maps will have different groups and you'll all forget about the changes and go back to loving the mode in no time.

11. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Completely agreed.

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    No more solid teams of Cloakers. Thats worth it alone.

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I get having the 4 distinct classes. Thats fine (and awesome) but i too was a bit surprised that each map has its own preset characters. Like has been mentioned, woulda been nice to choose your class then choose from a few characters within that class.

But still, ive yet to properly try escalation out with a group of friends so we'll see. Ill reserve judgement til then before i say 'omg ruined forevar'
    (And there is the option of dlc too. And who knows, if community feedback is strong enough maybe theyl make some adjustments?)

14. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

This. Don't worry folks, Dinobots will be coming i guarantee it.

15. darkone96

darkone96 Member

Yeah. They'll probably release dlc that they could've implemented during the game's development phase, but didn't because they had plans on ripping us off with bullshit dlc. Oh, and don't get your hopes up for the dinobots and insecticons, they'll probably be underpowered shits that are nothing compared to what they are in the campaign. Escalation's character roster is just plain stupid(less than WFC, wtf?). They could've given more characters for each class for each map. There is no excuse for this. They obviously plan on ripping us off later on again just like they did yesterday.

16. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though it's gonna take some getting used to, I have to admit, I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. I'm... playing as Wheeljack.. *fanboy squee*

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Well, we're getting a DLC that adds more maps soon.

18. darkone96

darkone96 Member

Proof or retract.

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    :rolleyes2 
    They confirmed that a DLC will get Escalation maps, I think it may have been the Dinobot/Insecticon DLC.

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate the "DLC WILL FIX IT LOL" mentality. Yeah it will fix the problems inherit to the base game, for more dosh. Says a whooooole lot about the game at launch.

The game probably should have come with a lot more groups. There are so many characters in FOC that barely play any sort of role in the game. It's mindboggling.