Escalation By Yourself?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Aug 10, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Tonight I decided to see how far I could get on my own in an Escalation Match, just to see.

MAN is it HARD. I played on Broken Hope as Bumblebee and I was only able to get to wave 6 before I was surrounded by Shot Gunners and Rocketeers. With no teammates at my side, I was swarmed and killed before I was able to buy an Overshield.

It was fun though. Has anyone else tried to do this?

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I've tried it a few times to test out a character, check out rooms I've never been to before, or just mess with glitches. It's HARD as hell to go by yourself. You get crowded by enemies and always run out of ammo.

3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried doing it today. Didn't last beyond wave 5.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I tried it out. Man, its freaking difficult! But its kinda fun as well. :D 

5. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    You can do that?! Wow I'm stupid.

6. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I think the highest I went to was 5? :lol 

7. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really difficult on your own,highest i got was wave 6 as Jazz on Broken hope Barrier helps.

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried this the very first day I got the game just to see what the mode was like. I died quite quickly. Now that I've had some practice with the game I'm sure I'd last longer but still probably wouldn't make it very far by myself. It's more fun with other people anyway!

9. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

it's essentially impossible... even if you can land yourself on a vendor. as soon as you get downed the game automatically makes you selfdestruct. so the only true way to survive for a LONG time is to use a cloaker and camp alot.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    even then, you're not getting far because of the autodestruct, i like it though, i've made it to 6 alone

11. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

The highest I can get to is 5. My friend supposedly made it to wave 15 alone, but I doubt it. He wouldn't tell me how he got it (what map/character etc.) and just kept saying he was awesome. Lmao.

12. Langrisser

Langrisser Crawling Chaos

News Credits:
    Only tried it twice made it to 10 with the autobots and 7 with the decepticons. It's fun takes some patience.

13. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    How do you play alone on the 360 ? What did I miss?

14. Langrisser

Langrisser Crawling Chaos

News Credits:
    well first you have to connect online. Host a escalation game and set it to invite only then just start it up.

15. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    I got stuck in one last night with Scattershot on the map that sends out the spiders. In round two I decided, screw it, and nuked myself when I got surrounded.

16. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He must have some skills..

17. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

if anything he could have either glitched it (implying he has no skillz) or he used a cloaker (implying he has camping skillz) either way I doubt anyone could make it to wave 15 by themself without exploiting a glitch or using a cloaker. especially since once you get shot down you're boned and half the time you get surrounded when solo'ng

18. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

Nah, I doubt he did it on his own. Especially after he wouldn't answer what map what character he used or anything like that, pretty sure he had some help.

19. filosupastar

filosupastar Member

this can be done if you've played a map enough times... Have reached level 17 on my own in Broken Hope using Arcee... Cloaking does not mean camping. Its very handy to have when you do get surrounded with low health or need to do an ammo run.

First door to open is scrap maker/null ray. Then overshield and the bridge connecting to the ammo room (don't open the door leading down though). You can get majority of enemies from the bridge then if you get surrounded up there simply cloak, jump down and grab health or ammo (or if you are Air Raid you can fly back up).

I only did this when I get tired of ppl quiting after wave 15 when they get their achievement.

Personally, my friends and I don't play broken hope anymore cause it gets boring after a while. The new maps are alot more fun. District and Forsaken seem more exciting at this stage but if anyone needs a hand on XBL hit me or my friends up. Turtlebaite (me) or Farzy88. Just put escalation help in subject line.

20. farzy88

farzy88 New Member

what do u mean by glitched it? and please explain how anyone can camp using a cloaker? I do admit it is easier being able to cloak however the other guys have pretty handy abilities aswell.....sentries for example is a good way of distracting the baddies while you make a run for health/ammo it all depends on your style of playing really.....this isnt COD where u can camp.

i reach wave 15 almost everytime on broken hope playing solo with arcee or air raid (cloakers). ill do it 2nite and post up a pic :) 

i'd say any good player should be able to reach up to wave 10 in all escalation maps playing solo, however if you really want to test out your skills play solo as decepticons(ramnant or district) and try to reach wave 12+.

personally i find it easier to play solo.... you get all points :)