Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in TLK

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smashs, Jun 1, 2017.

1. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Thank you for explaining Walkthedinosaur's question for me, Unicron's Herald - spot on!

Now I don't think that we would necessarily hear about it, if it's a previously used shot from another movie, with added CGI menace outside of the window, Walkthedinosaur. Try to think of it as the many famous sound bites, "spoken" by Bee. No one outside of these boards really picks these details apart. People don't really say: "Oh AOE has Samuel L. Jackson in it", "Oh Denzel Washington is in ROTF", "Agent from Get Smart is in DOTM", "Tom Hanks!", etc. :) 

Until someone confirms otherwise, I'll stick to my instinct about Georgee George, being in TLK, with Marky Mark.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the plot for the bumblebee film is said to resemble that of the iron giant who can reassemble himself just like bumblebee did in the last knight

could this be an intended reference or nod the the incoming spinoff ?

3. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    Hound refers to Daytrader as "deep 6's pickpocket" although it was never called it in the films themselves, deep 6 is a alternate name used for the Laurentian Abyss (which is the place all the first movie cons were dumped and Megatron was resurrected) in the tie-in material for ROTF, most notably in the game. I guess Daytrader can swim.

EDIT: Doh! got beat to draw by a dude already, I just got giddy when saw a clip on youtube and made the connection, they must have a series bible or something to be making references like that.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Bamond

Bamond Robbie Rotten's step brother.

News Credits:
    When Vivian arrives to the museum around the beginning of her introduction, the car is right sided (steering wheel on the right), yet steps out from the left side.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The13Primes

The13Primes Jaxius._

News Credits:
    I reckon Megatrons new body was thanks to Quintessa 'stabilising' his transformium

• Like Like x 1
  6. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

I'm making a list of all the 86 movies references I can remember in TLK, though I thought I should mention one right now which I just remembered (22 so far):

The International Space Station's engines failed just as it was overtaken by Cybertron, a reference to the Autobot shuttle's engines that failed just as it was overtaken by Unicron.

Yes, in TLK; Cybertron has taken Unicron's place.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

There's a sign near Sherman's trailer and it reads "now leaving the Oglala Lakota Reservation". Him yelling "this is protected land" is true because reservations are sovereign land. Only the Feds have any say and trump local/state law inforcment. Of course nobody stopped but that reality would have given Cade a bit of safety. Since local law enforcment must go through tribal police (aka Sherman). If there had been an advance group made up of local cops.It would give him time to alert Cade.

Sherman on the horse is yes because his cruiser was a Grimlock snack. It's also a trope that all Native people own a horse. And use it for transportation.

When Izzy is asking Cade about his family there's a shot of one wall. Hanging amid the clutter is a Lakota beaded necklace. One that's often given to family members from another family member. Yes it's probably a random bit of set dressing but it does have a subtle meaning.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MrDipnSlip

MrDipnSlip Well-Known Member

In the Transformer (2007) game, Bumblebee is shown to come land on Earth. The game doesn't tie well with the movie but it's just a speculation.

9. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    The game matched up with the movie continuity about as well as FoC does to TF Prime.

Bumblebee being able to make himself fall apart and re-assemble could be a nod to the Junkions, who had no qualms with being blown apart, they could just build themselves back up again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Slimybug

Slimybug Member

Um.....Quintessa has nothing to do with the number 5?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

Interesting

12. Shockwavers

Did someone else find it funny that when Optimus takes the staff he tucks it away in one of his chestplates... it looks like a woman hiding something away in her cleavage:D 
    [​IMG]

Note: I always thoughts Optimus Primes chestplates were fixed on his body. this also explains why there was no visible damage when lockdowns missile went through him... his chestplates could move so the missile could pass through

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  13. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    Waitaminute if they can move, does that mean... oh no.
    Terry_Crews.gif

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shockwavers

Cannot be unseen

Maybe i should stop making those GIFs before this thread devolves into a spam thread and gets closed down.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. G1DeadEnd

News Credits:
    Right before Megatron and Nitro Zeus fire at Optimus, watch Cade, as he's anticipating the blast. Chalk it up to real pyrotechnics on set, and Mark Wahlberg, not wanting to get injured ... I don't blame him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shockwavers

Don't know if this has been said but was the whole Berserker scene meant as a reference to Hannibal Lecter?

• Like Like x 1
  17. G1DeadEnd

News Credits:
    /\ That's an interesting observation.

Upon my fifth and perhaps final viewing of TLK, earlier, yesterday.

When Hound transforms in the junkyard for the first time, if you look closely by his feet, Izzy drops out of him, as she was stowed away, probably somewhere in his aft. She then hurriedly proceeds to scramble between his legs, and runs to hide behind a junked car. She was lucky not to get kinked in one of Hound's parts.

When Megatron transforms in the desert, in the negotiations scene, he drops off the two C.I.A. hostages in the sand, as a part of him brushes the ground. It happens so quickly, I'm surprised they survived the drop off.

After Grimlock with Slug, make short work of the TRF convoy, they don't just disappear. We jump-cut to a location far behind the doomed TRF vehicles, to the tail end of their entourage, where the mini drones are being released, and where Santos has an angry exchange with Lennox - the dinobot carnage aftermath is seen in the background as a fiery inferno with billowing, black smoke. The two legendary warriors are not percieved from this vantage point, but could easily be getting away at that point.

When Simmons is on the phone with Burton, he calls him Folgers (a brand of coffee), instead of his family name: Folgan.

I have previously thought that a mysterious object, resembling a giant sword, falls off, over the edge of the knight ship, when it first rises out of the sea. I now realize, that the object in question, is none other, than the old submarine transformer, that Optimus bumped his noggin on underwater.

Why is Cogman worried, about his gears and cogs, getting water in them, when he shot out of the sub earlier, not unlike a torpedo?

I believe that three guardian knights bite it. Skullitron, who falls over the edge, where Viviane later threatens to drop Merlin's staff to, and then the two others, that Optimus slices through. Which, if my math is correct, leaves nine more knights who turn into Dragonstorm, as they leap off of the Autobot's ship.

18. Shockwavers

Wow didn't notice that, nice observation. I also think Transformers have some kind of warning system when they know they have passengers in their vehicle mode which prevents them from harming anyone. Besides they have to if they so many complex gears and panel moving around

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 7:25 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

not much of a reference per say but when sherman said his police cruiser was "stolen" i thougt that barricade scanned it (hence his new look) and destroyed it afterwards.

would have been funny when in the scene where the cons drive/fly up to the junkyard,sherman sees his former car and makes a salty remark towards barricade :p 

• Like Like x 1
  20. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

tlk is the first movie of the series without ratchet in it

tlk is the 3rd film in a row where at least 2 autobots which survived the events of the immediate preceding film but are absent in it's direct sequel

2-3 missing:*
    chromia
    jolt

3-4 missing**
    dino
    roadbuster
    sideswipe
    topspin

4-5 missing:
    brains
    scorn
    strafe

topspin & wheelie are the first autobots to pull a 'barricade' & return to a film after not appearing in the film prior

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017 at 1:58 PM
    • Like Like x 4