Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I can't see it lol.

2. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    The scene where the camera follows sam and carly to the bus stop after ratchet says "mortar that bridge". Look in the background real close and you can see Ratchet's vehicle mode, even though he's supposed to be in robot mode.

3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @transformervic1
    Good eye & well-spotted.

4. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Just made this, i think it's funny :D 
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Okay, please ignore this, if this has already been mentioned . . .
    . . . I'm rewatching DOTM on my Bluray, and am at the part, where Starscream blasts the shuttle out of the air. Right in the shot as the tanks blow up, Starscream can be seen making a sharp 90 degree turn, and flying away from the original path of the rocket fast. In the next shot (wide shot, with debree falling, and ending with Sam looking on in amazement), Starscream can be seen trailing away to the right, ending out of frame. I've never noticed that before.

One more. I have mentioned this back, when DOTM was still in theatres, but if you go to every guy's favorite part at the start of the movie (DOTM), right after the titles, when Rosie can be seen, ascending the stairs . . . how many of you have noticed, that she is wearing a baseball cap? Huh? :) 

6. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

When he says that it sounds like he's been shot in the face.

7. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

Great catch on the Starscream one, I always looked at the left side to try to find him haha

8. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    Never noticed Starscream in that scene before... Very cool and good find!

As for Rosie in the beginning... Uhm, I noticed the hat upon my first viewing, while also enjoying the shot of her ass. I'm neither talented nor special, but my eyes work normally, I guess? I don't get it. Is it so rare that you see an ass, you were so totally engrossed in it (that lasted what 2 seconds?) that you couldn't see anything else in the shot? Notice also how the hat disappears there-after.

9. Niv3k

News Credits:
    I wasn't looking at the baseball cap at all, haha.

10. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm a straight girl and even I didn't notice she had a baseball cap lmao

11. Niv3k

News Credits:
    Haha that's actually pretty funny =p

12. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I bet no one has noticed this one. I was doing a film analysis for my college class so I was paying attention to every little detail of the Chicago invasion.

The invasion starts off with a building exploding. Just a couple of scenes later when Devcon is shooting humans, the same building is there and it's completely fine with no signs of damage. On top of that, the name on the building reads "Michigan National Bank." They filmed some scenes in Michigan and used them for Chicago, but it's interesting that they would let that slide when they were editing. Albeit I didn't notice it until like my 25th viewing of the movie when I was going frame by frame analyzing the shots.

13. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Hard to spot things in DOTM? Well...the fact that it got a sequel.

14. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure this hasn't been mentioned but when Sam and bumblebee first meet outside of nest after arguing with bee you can hear him making tha same "whatever" sound he made in ROTF

15. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    Just noticed one today: not sure if it's been pointed out, but at the Transformers DOTM scene with Carly leaving Sam, you see in the background Sideswipe and Dino/Mirage making an entrance. Dino swerves a bit to the left but in the next shot he's parked on the right.

16. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When shockwave steps of the driller after knocking primes trailer off in Chicago you can see the drillers tail moving in the background

17. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Watching it a few seconds ago, I've noticed more oddities in the Office Sequence (Beyond Jerry Wang)
    there's all of about a minute, 2 minutes, tops between when Jerry Wang tells Sam to get out of his office and when Laserbeak "Suicides" Jerry... during which Sam Descends an unknown number of floors to the point where John Malkovitch goes all Officer Barbrady "Nothing to see here, Move along!" in no time flat.
    Speaking of Wang, He makes all that commotion confronting Laserbeak "Who wants some Chicken Dinner, NOW, Bitch?!" and nobody hears it... Not even the receptionist lady who was visibly alarmed when he was screaming at Sam a minute earlier.
    I also have to point out Wang's Trackball Mouse has to be a Transformer all in its own because it forms no part of Laserbeak when it releases him moments later as Laserbeak reconfigures from the Flat-Screen Monitor across the room to threaten the Pistol-Packing creep.

Also, Laserbeak manages to get from Jerry's Office to Where Sam and Malkovich are (Bruce Brazos, John Malkovich, same person, really)... several stories below... in a few seconds flat... I pointed this one out before though.

One of the Acuretta Office Workers is the same woman that Voiced Naruto Uzumaki and Plays Principal Perry on Lab Rats... She's the Short woman in the foreground of the Elevator and the same one who scolds her co-worker with folded-up paperwork for gawking at what was left of poor Jerry.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  18. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Maybe the glass in Wang's office was soundproof and the workers probably weren't paying attention to what was happening in the office, and didn't hear or see Jerry and Laserbeak scuffling.

When Jerry was flung out of the window, and word of his death got around the building, it's possible, even though not shown on-screen, that someone went into his office and Laserbeak pulled a "Frenzy" (meaning he transformed into an alternate mode of his and was transported to a different location by someone, ala Frenzy in the first film on Air Force One).

19. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I'll give you those two, But this next one boggles my mind:
    Sam and Epps drive from Cape Canaveral, Florida to Chicago, Illinois (A Seventeen Hour Trip even without having to slog through the exodus out of Chicago) and neither of them noticed Brains or Wheelie? (They get out of The back seat of Epps's Car just after the Wreckers Explain that the other Autobots weren't in the Xantium when Starscream blew it up) Given the characters, I don't care what kind of explanation you give, One of the idiot bots would've opened his mouth before they hit Illinois.

I know the Wiki says they were with the other Autobots in the Booster Rocket, But they got out of the Back Seat of Epps's Car in the movie.

20. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    You do realize they were exiled along with the other Autobots, too, right? Meaning they returned at the same time the other Autobots did. Most likely, they were riding on or in one of the Autobots and when everyone transformed and surrounded Sam, Epps, Stone, "Hardcore" Eddie, etc., they transitioned over to the vehicle, in order to mount atop it.

Also, Leadfoot mentioned that they (meaning ALL Autobots) weren't concealed in the main part of Xanthium, but rather, the first booster rocket designed to drop back down into the Atlantic. Therefore, all of the Autobots were aboard the Xanthium, but in the smaller component of the ship.

As for the travel from Florida to Chicago, it's quite possible it did take them seventeen hours and they did have to get through traffic after the attack, since multiple cut-to-black shots were featured, indicating a time progression in those scenes.