Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 28, 2011.

1. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Part of BB's speech "I will always be your friend" to Sam used a snippet of Spock's "I am and shall always be your friend." from Star Trek.

Wheeljack has a giant ass sniper rifle on his back, for all the good it did him.

The Ark's turret is shaped like Omega Supreme's head.

In the opening shots on Cybertron, there are giant quadraped Decepticons that sorta look like Ravage.

The Datsun's bee ornament says "BZZ-OTCH" instead of "BEE-OTCH"

Soundwave's gun looks a lot like a Bolter from the Warhammer 40k series.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    LOVED this touch... the first and last transformations of the movie series had the noise.

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Megatron kills The Doctor. I'm suprised that no one has brought this up yet. But it's during the camp scene, Megatron picks The Doctor from his face and squishes him between his fingers.

4. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

He kills a few of those Doctor clones, one then, one later on when he is sitting in the alley. More are visible, though.

5. Gamofsteak

Gamofsteak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sam was not holding Brain!!!

When Sam and Carly are "arguing" about Wheelie and Brain, Sam goes to the back of the room with Brain in hand, to get a cage. He picks up the cage and his other hand is opened clutching what meant to be Brain, but there is no Brain.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the blindingly obvious one is Sentinel spouting Spock's iconic line.

It's also surprising how big a role Barricade winds up with, considering I had him pegged as a no show forever.

It's somewhat interesting that the Autobots are faced with essentially the same situation as they are in "The Ultimate Doom" and tackle it in the opposite way.

Also bordering on blindingly obvious: Sam had his Datsun painted like Bumblebee.

Scrapper cameos as one of Optimus' many victims. But he still won't get a toy.

7. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheelie still had his Decepticon insignia on his back, even though he was busy destroying their ship and happy to be an Autobot.

Guess it's like a tattoo, and he couldn't get rid of it.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Lazerbeak as the copy machine beeped the "robots in disguise" riff.

9. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    I'll update the first post with the best things people have found from the thread.

here's some new stuff I noticed on second viewing

Some new stuff I noticed on 2nd viewing

Soundwave is missing the Mercedes badge from his chest during the camp scene, probably to hide his reveal later

The giant walker on cybertron at the very start is a giant Ravage model

When the cons first arrive before the garbage truck scan you see a con transform into a white police car whilst jumping to the floor, look dead center of the screen to see

I *think* igor is a long haul head, Have a look

Sentinels "helmet" is identical shape to Optimus's - Look at the sides, it gets knocked off Sentinel by Megatron at the end - Does this mean Optimus's comes off?

As Sentinal lines up to cut off primes head he says "there can be only one" - reference to Highlander movies

Finally, and I think I may start a debate here. I think BARRICADE kills Que. It happens so fast but look to the right of the screen as Que is fatally shot, I'm SURE it was Barricade!

10. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I always thought that Shia looked a bit like Chris Barrie, the actor that plays Rimmer on Red Dwarf. Somebody else must have thought this also, because his fridge is a "SMEG" model.

If I'm wrong or only seeing part of a name brand, sorry about that!

11. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am sure it was Barricade too, not to mention he's showing having a pointed weapon at Que, and laughing.

Makes his brief reappearance all the more awesome.

12. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    The Russian guy that Simmons and Sam go to talk to also plays the landlord from the Spider-Man movies.

13. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    The "Bee-otch" air freshner in Sam's Bumblebee look-alike actually says "Bzz-oetch", but has the same disco ball as the first movie. [already been posted, but consider this verification].

Mistake: The soldiers that parachute out of the building originally pop all black parachutes, but when they show them descending on Shockwave and the other Decepticons the chutes are primarily white with a black stripe down the center (the same ones that were used when the soldiers jumped out of the Osprey earlier in the film).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  14. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Another Star Trek reference: During his farewell to Sam, 'Bee uses a snippet of the "I have been, and always will be your friend" from Star Trek II. They also have a Tom Hanks line snippet. Could be coincidence, but they've had 'Bee use a Hanks line in every movie, and Hanks is a big TF fan.

I could be wrong about this, but I think 'Bee's last line in the movie was taken out of G1, something about "doing the best I can". I think it was a Wheeljack line, I could be wrong, though. Have to see it again to be sure.

Bones is with Sam and Carly, despite the fact he was Mikaela's dog.

The last time Bumblebee transforms(the last time anyone in the movie does so), you can hear the G1 transformation sound effect.

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

a few things I noticed:
    -barricade has a couple lines.One I don't remember,but he definitely tells wheeljack "your time is up!"
    -wheeljack has yellow teeth :lol 
    -the huge 4 legged con in chicago is scene being killed by the wreckers in the background
    -mirage is holding his arm at the end like he's wounded
    -barricade is using the standard protoform rifle in his scene
    -barricade IS the one that finishes off wheeljack
    -Not really something I noticed,but mirage's movie voice is AWFUL. Makes me feel glad that he only has 2 lines

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I believe it was a flat screen TV.

He also grabbed a shield from his trailer in the fight scene against the Driller in the Chernobyl building.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:

My brother said it was a wall mounted stereo system, too long to be a tv

i would say upon awakening he linked with the world wide web and learned our language.

The BEST reference, imho, is when they took out Wheeljack. Bumblebee looked incredibly depressed and uttered the phrase "he was my oldest friend" or something similar. Too big to be coincidental-the first 2 robots ever shown in the old show were, of course, Wheeljack and Bumblebee. Too cool

18. RedCometCustom

RedCometCustom Zeon Ace

News Credits:
    I very clearly remember it being one of those wall-mounted CD player stereos

19. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    ^ it was one of those high-class cd players. Something like 6 discs side-by-side, mounted on the wall. It definitely was not a TV.

20. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe they were actually called Transformers for the first time in the movies. Lennox said it.